Monday, July 28th15.6°C
21452

C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Kelowna and Joe Rich topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby Steve-O » Jan 18th, 2013, 2:38 pm

I really, really wanna be hated bigtime!
Steve-O
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 712
Likes: 78 posts
Liked in: 168 posts
Joined: Aug 20th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby 1Westside » Jan 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Interesting to see his Cantex Mine Developments down to 0.015 on today's trading.
User avatar
1Westside
Fledgling
 
Posts: 166
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: Nov 26th, 2007, 9:37 pm
Location: Westbank

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby Grandan » Jan 18th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Fipke's wealth has NOTHING to do with luck. It has everything to do with tenacity, perseverance, knowledge, derring-do and going without.

He also had a benefactor who helped him along the way, he did not do it all on his own, read the book.
Waste not
Grandan
Board Meister
 
Posts: 379
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2007, 4:05 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby logman » Jan 18th, 2013, 6:19 pm

I never said I hated him. A lot of prospectors are out there scratching/drilling. Just saying a lot of luck is needed to hit that big. When I saw him around K-Town he just looked a little funny thats all. A lot of money makes some people do funny things. Like his ex-wife thinking she can ignore city building codes.
User avatar
logman
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 812
Likes: 12 posts
Liked in: 56 posts
Joined: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby Symbonite » Jan 18th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Another Reason to stay single...

He does the hard work....she takes the money....so dumb!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
User avatar
Symbonite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2007
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 104 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30 am
Location: From Within

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby forum » Jan 20th, 2013, 2:22 pm

From the bit of work I've done with the Fipke's, I have found that they are genuine hard working people that face the same challenges any family has in a life of chasing their dreams.

They took risks 99% of people are scared of doing and it paid off for them.
forum
Board Meister
 
Posts: 419
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 36 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby DaveC » Jan 21st, 2013, 11:59 am

Symbonite wrote:Another Reason to stay single...

He does the hard work....she takes the money....so dumb!



The way I heard it she did a hell of a lot of work keeping the business running while he was in the field.
DaveC
Board Meister
 
Posts: 419
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2006, 8:47 pm

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby cv23 » Jan 21st, 2013, 12:33 pm

DaveC wrote: The way I heard it she did a hell of a lot of work keeping the business running while he was in the field.

$200 million worth?
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 5587
Likes: 744 posts
Liked in: 275 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 21st, 2013, 12:48 pm

cv23 wrote:$200 million worth?

Chuck Fipke and Marlene Fipke: After prospecting for diamonds for eight years in the Northwest Territories, Fipke discovered one of the largest diamond concentrations in the world at Lac de Gras. His stake in the Ekati diamond mine was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. But proving that diamonds aren’t forever, his marriage to Marlene fell apart. She’d travelled at his side around the world on his expeditions, served as his accountant and sometimes dried core samples in their kitchen. In a settlement reached in 2000, Marlene received 21 per cent of Dia Met, then valued at $123 million. Fipke took it in stride, saying the settlement was the “best money I ever spent.”
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
Moderator
 
Posts: 45380
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 644 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby cv23 » Jan 21st, 2013, 2:00 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:Chuck Fipke and Marlene Fipke: After prospecting for diamonds for eight years in the Northwest Territories, Fipke discovered one of the largest diamond concentrations in the world at Lac de Gras. His stake in the Ekati diamond mine was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. But proving that diamonds aren’t forever, his marriage to Marlene fell apart. She’d travelled at his side around the world on his expeditions, served as his accountant and sometimes dried core samples in their kitchen. In a settlement reached in 2000, Marlene received 21 per cent of Dia Met, then valued at $123 million. Fipke took it in stride, saying the settlement was the “best money I ever spent.”



Charles Edgar Fipke's divorce from Marlene Fipke; estimated at $200 million
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... e_divorces

It's his money so if he's OK with it then I guess it's all good. His comment does remind me of a joke.
Q; Why are divorces so expensive?
A; Because they're worth it.
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 5587
Likes: 744 posts
Liked in: 275 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: C. Fipke Holdings Ltd

Postby GrooveTunes » Feb 4th, 2013, 3:07 pm

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GrooveTunes
Übergod
 
Posts: 1187
Likes: 101 posts
Liked in: 129 posts
Joined: Feb 19th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Previous

Return to Kelowna

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: featfan, fordgirl, frellingdren, the truth and 14 guests