Tuesday, September 2nd19.0°C
22817
22977

Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Kelowna and Joe Rich topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby janalta » Jan 24th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Lore wrote:If I were Dave I would fight to get Diesel back as well
Because of the RDCO track record I would not trust that they
would be adopting Diesel to someone.
Besides that, its like Dave has said,"Diesel is family".
He loves his dog and now a days when people will give away
their cat/dog for any lame reason it is always heart warming
to see someone who would go this far for their pet.
I am sure that any problems on Dave's side will not be repeated.
Who would want to go through all this once let alone again.


If I had the choice to allow my dog to be quickly, humanely and peacefully euthanized....or spend years living in a tiny concrete pen by himself....sorry, but that is no life and this dog is going through hell. Lord knows what kind of behavior problems he will have now after this ordeal. Euthanizing him would have been much more humane than his jail term.
So...I just don't buy the whole...'he's doing it because he loves his dog so much' crap.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
User avatar
janalta
Übergod
 
Posts: 1774
Likes: 26 posts
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby dogspoiler » Jan 24th, 2013, 6:28 pm

If he loved his Dog, this situation would never have happened. He loves himself, and thinks he can do no wrong.
dogspoiler
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13826
Likes: 10 posts
Liked in: 793 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2009, 4:32 am

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Lore » Jan 24th, 2013, 6:41 pm

janalta wrote:
If I had the choice to allow my dog to be quickly, humanely and peacefully euthanized....or spend years living in a tiny concrete pen by himself....sorry, but that is no life and this dog is going through hell. Lord knows what kind of behavior problems he will have now after this ordeal. Euthanizing him would have been much more humane than his jail term.
So...I just don't buy the whole...'he's doing it because he loves his dog so much' crap.

Diesel does not deserve to die.
Dave is fighting to save the life of his dog
because what his dog is accused of does not warrant death.
I do believe Dave is doing this because of his love for Diesel
and maybe that is because I would do the same and I know how
much I love my pets.
Also. I'll bet Dave never thought it would go on this long.
The RDCO could have been more cooperative in working
out a solution a long time ago.
Especially because some of the problems were on their end as well.
Lore
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 901
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby ifwisheswerehorses » Jan 24th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Actually if Dave had paid more attention to the warnings, fines etc this would never have happened. The judge made a decision and the RDCO found a workaround but Dave refused. The man just assumed that everyone would back down as usual but this time enough was enough. He put that dog there no one else.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
User avatar
ifwisheswerehorses
Board Meister
 
Posts: 369
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 38 posts
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Lore » Jan 24th, 2013, 7:05 pm

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Actually if Dave had paid more attention to the warnings, fines etc this would never have happened. The judge made a decision and the RDCO found a workaround but Dave refused. The man just assumed that everyone would back down as usual but this time enough was enough. He put that dog there no one else.

The workaround was to adopt Diesel out or so they say.
I would not trust them or put it past the RDCO that they
would not just euthanize Diesel.
They have pulled other shady stunts in other communities.
They are not trust worthy.
Lore
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 901
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby ifwisheswerehorses » Jan 24th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Neither is Dave.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
User avatar
ifwisheswerehorses
Board Meister
 
Posts: 369
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 38 posts
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Lore wrote:You really think that after all that Diesel and Dave have gone through that Dave would not do things differently?

No - he was given more chances to protect his pet and didn't. One warning should have been enough. I've never had one warning about any of my dogs and anyone I know that has had a warning took steps to protect their pets. You never take chances with family members.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29685
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 683 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby beancounter » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:23 pm

I think the fact that Dave has so far denied Diesel what may be his only opportunity at freedom by being adopted out to another rescue/owner speaks volumes. I love my dog, but if she had been kept in a kennel for that long, I would give her up so she could have some chance of a life, and take the hit myself emotionally. RDCO may also be to blame here but at least- at last - they are trying to do something good for the dog.
beancounter
Fledgling
 
Posts: 234
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 56 posts
Joined: Sep 8th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Lore » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Fancy wrote:No - he was given more chances to protect his pet and didn't. One warning should have been enough. I've never had one warning about any of my dogs and anyone I know that has had a warning took steps to protect their pets. You never take chances with family members.

The RDCO did not attend to incidents in a timely fashion.
Things were let go for months even years and then the RDCO
comes along and says we got x,y, and z on you from along
time ago and we are taking your dog.
Just because you or anyone else have not had a complaint or warning
about your dogs don't think it can't happen.
All it takes is for a neighbor to make up any lie and you and your dog
are in trouble and you have no recourse.
Lore
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 901
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:28 pm

beancounter wrote:I think the fact that Dave has so far denied Diesel what may be his only opportunity at freedom by being adopted out to another rescue/owner speaks volumes. I love my dog, but if she had been kept in a kennel for that long, I would give her up so she could have some chance of a life, and take the hit myself emotionally. RDCO may also be to blame here but at least- at last - they are trying to do something good for the dog.

It will come down to the owner eventually - how well did you protect your pet?
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29685
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 683 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Lore » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:29 pm

beancounter wrote:I think the fact that Dave has so far denied Diesel what may be his only opportunity at freedom by being adopted out to another rescue/owner speaks volumes. I love my dog, but if she had been kept in a kennel for that long, I would give her up so she could have some chance of a life, and take the hit myself emotionally. RDCO may also be to blame here but at least- at last - they are trying to do something good for the dog.

Dave does not believe (nor do I) that the RDCO will adopt Diesel to another.
Who would know if the RDCO just euthanized Diesel instead?
Lore
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 901
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Lore wrote:The RDCO did not attend to incidents in a timely fashion.
Things were let go for months even years and then the RDCO
comes along and says we got x,y, and z on you from along
time ago and we are taking your dog.
Just because you or anyone else have not had a complaint or warning
about your dogs don't think it can't happen.
All it takes is for a neighbor to make up any lie and you and your dog
are in trouble and you have no recourse.

What do you say about the decision? Take emotions out of it and look at the facts presented.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29685
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 683 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Lore wrote:Dave does not believe (nor do I) that the RDCO will adopt Diesel to another.
Who would know if the RDCO just euthanized Diesel instead?

Reading the decision - it's not optimistic.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29685
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 683 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Fancy » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:32 pm

I've not had a complaint against any of my pets and those I know that have took steps to protect their family members. Leash your animals - that's sometimes all it takes.
Fancy
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29685
Likes: 204 posts
Liked in: 683 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Regional Districts Proposal Could Save Diesel.

Postby Lore » Jan 24th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Fancy wrote:What do you say about the decision? Take emotions out of it and look at the facts presented.

What part specifically?
Lore
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 901
Likes: 34 posts
Liked in: 52 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Kelowna

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: featfan, Gixxer, lakevixen and 11 guests