Fatal Stabbing

Frisk
Guru

Fatal Stabbing

Post by Frisk »

Yikes, this is big news for Kelowna. Hope they catch the suspect.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Fatal Stabbing

Post by Bsuds »

It helps to post a link for those who haven't seen it yet.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#125896
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

My thoughts are with the victim and his family, if he had one.

Hope they get this SoB soon.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I'm surprised they don't have dash cams but pointed inside the bus. Here's what Suds paid
I just received a dashcam that I ordered off AliExpress. Cost me $22.60 including shipping.
... you'd figure it would pay itself off in no time just as a deterrent for vandalism or like in this case, a stabbing.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

man is this town going down the sh-t--er fast
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

This is very upsetting news. Castanet has reported this seems to be random. That's pretty darn scary. Hope this person is found soon! Must of been horrifying to be on that bus! Thoughts are with the family of the victim.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

dash cams low price
i have gotten delivery in under a week
http://www.in4dealz.com/
http://www.in4dealz.com/s/camera/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

I agree. They should have a dash can in all public transportation.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:dash cams low price
i have gotten delivery in under a week
http://www.in4dealz.com/
http://www.in4dealz.com/s/camera/

You could at least link people to a Canadian dealer instead of one in China! Not living up to your name!
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

Kelowna has its share of scumbags, I dare say! RIP, victim. I hope this won't become yet another unsolved stabbing, like the one a little while ago at the Pandosy Food Basket (http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... l?mode=jqm).
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

Ali Gator wrote:I agree. They should have a dash can in all public transportation.

I'm shocked and surprised that they don't. I just assumed all buses had cams installed, as is the case for public transportation in most developed countries.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

OgopogoO wrote:Kelowna has its share of scumbags, I dare say! RIP, victim. I hope this won't become yet another unsolved stabbing, like the one a little while ago at the Pandosy Food Basket (http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... l?mode=jqm).

Or the one in Rutland across from the new bank/old strip club. Shocked that was not caught on any cameras.
Jewelry store, bank, and a 24hr 711 a few hundred feet away.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

9:20 p.m. Update:

A witness has come forward and given more details about the incident to Castanet.

The witness, who wanted to remain anonymous, was two feet away from the victim when he was attacked. She says their eyes met and he looked at her with disbelief that he had been stabbed. He was holding his hand over the bleeding neck wound he'd just received in an apparent random act of violence.

She helped another male passenger try to save the victim's life, she compressed an article of her clothing against the man's wound to try and stop him from losing more blood.

The witness says there did not appear to be an altercation on the bus before the man was fatally wounded by another passenger.

"He just got on the bus and before he got off he stabbed him in the neck," she says. "The driver had already stopped the bus when the guy stabbed him and ran off."

"By the time the cops got there, the guy was already dead, I could tell by his eyes."

She says the victim looked to be in his 50s and she said she had noticed him on the bus before.

The woman did not see what the attacker looked like; others reported the man was wearing a grey hoodie.

The stabbing occurred behind Safeway on Baron Road on the 6:21 p.m. University 8 bus. There were about 20 people on the bus at the time of the incident.

RCMP say the suspect is still at large.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-125896-1-.htm#125896

How do you witness an attack, one person attacking another person and not know what one of these people looks like?

Was it a ghost?

Was it a ghost wearing a hoodie?

No one can describe him but they know he is a man.

No height, build... 20 people on board...

the only thing that these 20 people including the bus driver were aware of is a grey hoodie.

I guess this means too that the bus driver does not look at every person that boards his vehicle.

Wow

They do say that people are asleep...

And the demand becomes " more cameras"

Its hard to comprehend.

Let me get this straight - out of 21 people not one of these people looked at the attacker, not before, during or after and what you people would like to do to resolve this situation is to demand more public surveillance?

Would you not rather that people wake up and pay attention and be present and aware?

Would you not rather live your life that way as well?

I am not for cameras everywhere, I am for people waking up and becoming responsible.

Building a dictatorship appears to be a cinch

PS I am basing my thoughts on the information provided for me by castanet, if the poor sounding story is the result of poor reporting on castanets part - then of course my points would not be as valid.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

culture of fear.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

BelieveNothing wrote:How do you witness an attack, one person attacking another person and not know what one of these people looks like?

Was it a ghost?

Was it a ghost wearing a hoodie?

No one can describe him but they know he is a man.

No height, build... 20 people on board...

the only thing that these 20 people including the bus driver were aware of is a grey hoodie.

I guess this means too that the bus driver does not look at every person that boards his vehicle.

Wow

They do say that people are asleep...

And the demand becomes " more cameras"

Its hard to comprehend.

Let me get this straight - out of 21 people not one of these people looked at the attacker, not before, during or after and what you people would like to do to resolve this situation is to demand more public surveillance?

Would you not rather that people wake up and pay attention and be present and aware?

Would you not rather live your life that way as well?

I am not for cameras everywhere, I am for people waking up and becoming responsible.

Building a dictatorship appears to be a cinch

PS I am basing my thoughts on the information provided for me by castanet, if the poor sounding story is the result of poor reporting on castanets part - then of course my points would not be as valid.

Well let me see now, how's about most of the twenty people are toward the front for starters, reading or otherwise distracted, while the assailant wearing clothing that helps keep him nondescript is toward the back, then quickly stabs the victim before dashing out the side door.

Try and remember stabbing doesn't exactly make a noise that draws people's attention instantly!

I certainly don't find it all that hard to visualize.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”