Overdose RV hits the streets

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Overdose RV hits the streets

Post by the truth »

you honestly think junkies only harm themselves ? :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the answer to all your questions is that it is illegal.the govt is paying for people to do illegal things. that is not right. on one hand the govt says heroin/fentynal etc is illegal to possess and trafic but on the other hand they say here are some free needles and a place to shoot up.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Cleaned up the alley behind my work space today.
4 needles, 2 little tin cooking pots lots of little blue water holders and a pile of garbage.
One of my co-workers watched a female crackhead straddle a garbage can Thursday by the Gospel Mission and
take a crap in front of 30-40 people.
Ya we need to feel sorry for them.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

voice of reason wrote:well i guess we better just give up and start buying junkies drugs so they dont have to steal for a living now.this world is beyond screwed.its too hard to stop it so we better just give in and cater to the bottomfeeders of society. how about no.if you got fentynal on you the go to jail.if you got a needle on you jail.if you are caught selling hard drugs jail punishment not reward.treatment and re-education not enablement.all this liberal bs is doing is making it easier and socially acceptable to be a drug addict

Far from it. I don't think we should give up... that's a terrible attitude. I have no idea what the answer is, but what we're doing and have been doing for a long time obviously isn't working.

"Insanity. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

All I'm saying is that maybe people need to start being realistic about the illegal drug industry. Some of you seem to think this is a problem that can be beat, but you're living in a dreamland. Your "solutions" are geared towards ridding the world (or at least the country) of illegal drugs, users, and dealers... but it's never going to happen. You really are underestimating the size and scope of this thing. It's just not possible to get rid of it.

Consumer demand for these goods is enormous. The dollar values in play are outrageous. It's an industry measured in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS and you think things like tougher prison sentences in Canada will actually have an effect? Ridiculous.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

voice of reason wrote:the answer to all your questions is that it is illegal.the govt is paying for people to do illegal things. that is not right. on one hand the govt says heroin/fentynal etc is illegal to possess and trafic but on the other hand they say here are some free needles and a place to shoot up.

So is it fair to say that you would be completely accepting of the practice of using drugs to satisfy one's addiction if said practice were decriminalized, say, as has been done in some other countries.

It is a straightforward "Yes" or "No" question; however if your answer is "No", I would be very interested to hear how this is so as the logic would contradict the statement quoted above.

Just aiming to understand your true position on this issue, and that is all...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

voice of reason wrote:the answer to all your questions is that it is illegal.the govt is paying for people to do illegal things. that is not right. on one hand the govt says heroin/fentynal etc is illegal to possess and trafic but on the other hand they say here are some free needles and a place to shoot up.

correct on every level,and people on here are ok with this :200: :crazy:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Truthy... Same question to you, then.

I await your response.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The "it's illegal" argument is what people fall back on when they realize nothing else they've said holds any merit.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Jflem1983 wrote:All you folks pushing for these bone headed feel good ideas . I have an idea . Go downtown . Buy heroin . Give it to a friendly junked out person . There you have reduced crime . Maybe even saved a life if they go use the fancy bus . We can test these theories in real life . With your money

And so far the only solution you offer is suggestion that people actually break the law?

Purchase the very illegal drugs you are speaking against? Engage in the activity you state are causing the very crisis we are talking about ending? Distribute the very substances we are looking to reduce the use of?

And this activity -- engaging incriminal activity -- is supposed to have reduced crime?

Gotta say, JFlem, you tend to be one bass ackwards fella at times... No idea what you are trying to achieve here anymore or even what your stance is on this topic when you choose to just go the route of good, old-fashioned trolling.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

the truth wrote:

correct on every level,and people on here are ok with this :200: :crazy:

Maybe because putting drug users away for years does nothing to actually curb the problem and costs a fortune. They still also spend a huge amount of money trying to stop the drug trade... and having little effect. Would you rather see more of your tax dollars spent trying to crackdown on the importers and dealers?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

foodsmith wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:All you folks pushing for these bone headed feel good ideas . I have an idea . Go downtown . Buy heroin . Give it to a friendly junked out person . There you have reduced crime . Maybe even saved a life if they go use the fancy bus . We can test these theories in real life . With your money

And so far the only solution you offer is suggestion that people actually break the law?

Purchase the very illegal drugs you are speaking against? Engage in the activity you state are causing the very crisis we are talking about ending? Distribute the very substances we are looking to reduce the use of?

And this activity -- engaging incriminal activity -- is supposed to have reduced crime?

Gotta say, JFlem, you tend to be one bass ackwards fella at times... No idea what you are trying to achieve here anymore or even what your stance is on this topic when you choose to just go the route of good, old-fashioned trolling.

I'm saying go test your theory take your own hard earned money . Go downtown . Talk to a few people . Make sure to tell them u have money to buy heroin . When you get your dope go find a hard up junkie . Give them the dope . They will be very happy . You will feel so good about your good deed . Preventing crime and saving lives .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

the truth wrote:you honestly think junkies only harm themselves ? :200:

Do you honestly think that they harm you just by shooting up? Most of the other problems are directly linked to the fact that their particular drug of choice is illegal. If they had no reason to commit a crime to get their fix, they probably won't.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

True, there is a degree of contradiction here and of course they should make the drugs legal and regulated, but that ideal is hard to bring about, not least because of international treaties Canada has signed.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

featfan wrote:Cleaned up the alley behind my work space today.
4 needles, 2 little tin cooking pots lots of little blue water holders and a pile of garbage.
One of my co-workers watched a female crackhead straddle a garbage can Thursday by the Gospel Mission and
take a crap in front of 30-40 people.
Ya we need to feel sorry for them.

So, if there was a way to have these people turn their lives around and become productive members of society, would you agree to it, even if it spent our taxes to do so?
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

Jflem1983 wrote:I'm saying go test your theory take your own hard earned money . Go downtown . Talk to a few people . Make sure to tell them u have money to buy heroin . When you get your dope go find a hard up junkie . Give them the dope . They will be very happy . You will feel so good about your good deed . Preventing crime and saving lives .

What theory are you even referring to here? I've proposed no personal theory whatsoever, friend...

And like it or not you are still proposing that I commit a crime and, by doing so, will be preventing crime and saving a life... Help me with this: How does this not seem completely contradictory to you? Paradoxical, even?
:200:

Return to “Central Okanagan”