Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

spooker

Re: Freedom's Door 50 bed facility at Rutland & McCurdy Rd

Post by spooker »

Scrobins94 wrote:How interesting. These are the kinds of reasons why I chose not to live downtown. People like myself, and others who are detracted by these factors take away from the demand. And guess what, that has a negative influnce in property values.

Based on how quickly homes here have sold in the last 12 months and the price increases it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people like yourself ... sure, plenty of people bought in Kettle River but now look at their commute ... I don't think there is a huge dearth of buyers for that lady's house considering the number of people continuing to move to this area
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

MrSandman wrote:castanet poll says most readers support the decision, you are part of a (very vocal) minority

you yourself have said in the past castanet polls are bs, and what now there not :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JayByrd wrote:Freedom House is not a detox center either.

What happened in Vernon really has no bearing on this.

i talked the the person who i know , knows whats going on, you have to be clean for 3 days only befor entering, you call that sober i think not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jasond_71 wrote:Sorry, yes semantics, it is a recovery center not a detox center. I still think there are better places for it. No one has really answered the question of where the addict will go if they are refused entrance for relapsing. Does the center at least pay for a taxi to take them somewhere?
Also, no one has answered the question about the poor woman whose property value will plummet if they put this center next to her house.
It's easy to say too bad for her if you don't live near this facility. I'm sure Colin would not say it is the right thing to do if it was next to his house.

the fact that they have no answer for were will the addict go after being refused entrance, says it all does it not, these know it alls know nothing ,
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 5th, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

That poll is just media fluff.
The only people whose voices count about the location is those in the immediate community.
I know many of them, I spoke to many of them, and consensus amongst the neighbors is they don't approve of it in their neighborhood and they're livid that they've been shunned and their voices ignored. - I'm referring to the immediate neighbors, not the ones 3 blocks away.
Shame on you city of kelowna, and shame on you, tom smithwick. Your greed got in the way of being a good corporate citizen.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Bman wrote:That poll is just media fluff.
The only people whose voices count about the location is those in the immediate community.
I know many of them, I spoke to many of them, and consensus amongst the neighbors is they don't approve of it in their neighborhood and they're livid that they've been shunned and their voices ignored. - I'm referring to the immediate neighbors, not the ones 3 blocks away.
Shame on you city of kelowna, and shame on you, tom smithwick. Your greed got in the way of being a good corporate citizen.

they build fedreal jail near schools . nothing happened of note because of that so the false fears is more to do with personal bias than the reality of any facts . it the same as saying we dont want a hospital because they have drugs there
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I didn't say anything about anything happening.
I mentioned what the local neighborhood thinks.

Since you aren't one of the immediate neighbors, I doubt you're in a position to criticise my post.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Bman wrote:I didn't say anything about anything happening.
I mentioned what the local neighborhood thinks.

Since you aren't one of the immediate neighbors, I doubt you're in a position to criticise my post.

Neither are you.

Owning property there doesn't make you a neighbor. Concerned investor? Absolutely.

You have more at stake than most here but if the criteria to post/criticize or add an opinion in this thread means being an immediate neighbor, about 98% of these posts would be irrelevant, and defeat the purpose of these forums to begin with.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Bman wrote:That poll is just media fluff.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

This whole thing can be summarized as follows: "this project is for the greater good, but the immediate neighbors will be the ones taking the brunt of it. And we are okay with that, because it's them, not us". Big middle finger to the residents of Rutland, especially those in the vicity of the project.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

But hey, council members can get away scot free because they say stuff like "this project is not the problem, it is a solution"... wow...
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

I don't recall hearing any residents say that Freedom Door was a bad thing at the hearing. More it was about too big/wrong location.
book11

Post by book11 »

Scrobins94 wrote:This whole thing can be summarized as follows: "this project is for the greater good, but the immediate neighbors will be the ones taking the brunt of it. And we are okay with that, because it's them, not us". Big middle finger to the residents of Rutland, especially those in the vicity of the project.

Hallelujah so correct!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

100% correct

Return to “Central Okanagan”