49412
48195

City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shops

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby jimmy4321 » Oct 11th, 2017, 5:55 pm

How much flourishing will take place in the black market that hasn't been happening forever.
ANY chipping away the gov can do to the black market is fine with me.
I'd bet that there will be a whole lot of shops shut down just before July 1.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Oct 11th, 2017, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3266
Likes: 802 posts
Liked in: 1401 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby voice of reason » Oct 11th, 2017, 5:56 pm

they charge way too much anyways.the future is mail order.for quite a bit less i get mine shipped to my mailbox within 48 hours

forumdoug likes this post.
voice of reason
Board Meister
 
Posts: 629
Likes: 1955 posts
Liked in: 619 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:40 am

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby WalterWhite » Oct 11th, 2017, 6:02 pm

So, why don't the current dispensaries charge tax - and sales are cash only? Why no receipt for purchases either? Legit business - hardly. I too agree the online/mail order is best. Delivered right to your door- usually within 24 hours of ordering - and yes, cheaper - even with delivery.

2 people like this post.
WalterWhite
Übergod
 
Posts: 1206
Likes: 958 posts
Liked in: 1304 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 3:56 pm

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby steve mc » Oct 11th, 2017, 6:07 pm

legalize it and walk away and let people grow it if they want to anyone can ,make there own wine beer no set limit on how much you have it will be selling so low the criminal and goverment cronies will have no part of it as far as age limits we already have the highest number of children smoking marijuna in the world indoor grow ops are massive consumer of power and are the most enviromently unfriendly way to grow anything it was grown this way because it was illegal

Troutcreeker likes this post.
steve mc
 
Posts: 68
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 26 posts
Joined: May 15th, 2014, 6:53 am

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby weedlover » Oct 11th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Walter White your ignorance of the situation is typical. How do you know they do not pay tax? I happen to know that they do. Wonder why it's a cash business? That's because the banks won't give accounts to a cannabis business. They are supplying people like me with much needed meds that are not available through the goverment program. If you are happy with the bunk you receive in the mail from a goverment producer then good for you. Are you aware of all the recalls of product from goverment licensed producers for using banned pesticides and trying to hide it. No one is forcing you to purchase from a dispensary but I trust their product more than the goverment LPs and would never waste my money on the low quality toxic crap the LPs sell.
weedlover
 
Posts: 15
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: Oct 21st, 2015, 4:43 am

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby WalterWhite » Oct 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm

weedlover wrote:Walter White your ignorance of the situation is typical. How do you know they do not pay tax? I happen to know that they do. Wonder why it's a cash business? That's because the banks won't give accounts to a cannabis business. They are supplying people like me with much needed meds that are not available through the goverment program. If you are happy with the bunk you receive in the mail from a goverment producer then good for you. Are you aware of all the recalls of product from goverment licensed producers for using banned pesticides and trying to hide it. No one is forcing you to purchase from a dispensary but I trust their product more than the goverment LPs and would never waste my money on the low quality toxic crap the LPs sell.


Ignorance - lol - pot calling kettle black much? Thanks for making out like you know anything about me - but I happen to know the owners of two dispensaries and have purchased through them a number of times - talk about product that's all over the map in regards to quality and consistency. Thanks for confirming the lack of legitimate business when the banks won't even do business with you - Revenue Canada might have a different outlook. Btw - why no receipt for my cash purchase outlining the tax you claim is collected and remitted then?
WalterWhite
Übergod
 
Posts: 1206
Likes: 958 posts
Liked in: 1304 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 3:56 pm

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby the truth » Oct 11th, 2017, 7:33 pm

voice of reason wrote:they charge way too much anyways.the future is mail order.for quite a bit less i get mine shipped to my mailbox within 48 hours


quite a bit less :135: meaning what ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12719
Likes: 7589 posts
Liked in: 4454 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby voice of reason » Oct 11th, 2017, 9:07 pm

the truth wrote:
quite a bit less :135: meaning what ?

quite a bit less money than going to the store.there are quite a few mail order dispensaries in canada.the storefront dispensaries are quite expensive .it is cheaper for me to place an order and have it mailed to me than to go in to one of these stores and buy on the spot.the only exception is the compassion club in rutland.they were here first and actually give a damn about sick people.their prices are low.it is still way cheaper to buy on the street but the real medicinal value is in the edibles.nothing will fix my jacked up back like some marijuana edibles.

you can get ounces for around 150 bucks on the street
these stores charge 220
https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/black-crow-herbals/menu
voice of reason
Board Meister
 
Posts: 629
Likes: 1955 posts
Liked in: 619 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:40 am

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby steve mc » Oct 12th, 2017, 1:33 am

I could grow and sell 50.00 a ounce cost to grow 25.00 when its legal
steve mc
 
Posts: 68
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 26 posts
Joined: May 15th, 2014, 6:53 am

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby TreeGuy » Oct 12th, 2017, 7:05 am

WalterWhite wrote:So, why don't the current dispensaries charge tax - and sales are cash only? Why no receipt for purchases either? Legit business - hardly. I too agree the online/mail order is best. Delivered right to your door- usually within 24 hours of ordering - and yes, cheaper - even with delivery.


The dispensery I go to takes debit cards and provides a receipt. They charge GST, I would hope they are remitting it or that would be fraud.

I am a new user to medical marijuana due to my spinal cord injury. Up until this point in my life I had never tried marijuana or street drugs, it was a big decision for me to make. The THC helps me to sleep better than any pharmaceutical. The staff at the dispensary I go to is very knowledgeable and friendly.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
TreeGuy
Übergod
 
Posts: 1391
Likes: 487 posts
Liked in: 1037 posts
Joined: Oct 9th, 2005, 9:02 pm

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shopd

Postby the truth » Oct 12th, 2017, 7:53 am

TreeGuy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:So, why don't the current dispensaries charge tax - and sales are cash only? Why no receipt for purchases either? Legit business - hardly. I too agree the online/mail order is best. Delivered right to your door- usually within 24 hours of ordering - and yes, cheaper - even with delivery.


The dispensery I go to takes debit cards and provides a receipt. They charge GST, I would hope they are remitting it or that would be fraud.

I am a new user to medical marijuana due to my spinal cord injury. Up until this point in my life I had never tried marijuana or street drugs, it was a big decision for me to make. The THC helps me to sleep better than any pharmaceutical. The staff at the dispensary I go to is very knowledgeable and friendly.



i am glad you went the thc way instead of bs big pharma meds , your body and mind will thank you for it, i know to many people that have said the same thing as you , about being happy that they went with thc instead of pharma meds for pain :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 12719
Likes: 7589 posts
Liked in: 4454 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shops

Postby maryjane48 » Oct 12th, 2017, 12:21 pm

the ndp said they want to allow existing shops to be able to sell pot as they have been doing. it will bexlegal for any canadian to grow 4 plants . any city council trys out law that wont be in a job for any length of time. so i suggest all these city trying to cou ter what the people of canada have no chosen is a waste of time and their political asperations in to self induce suicide :200:
Weed .coming to store near you :)
3.7 cents kwh in alberta :)
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16838
Likes: 10416 posts
Liked in: 2614 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shops

Postby Bman » Oct 12th, 2017, 12:55 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 12th, 2017, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Is the world getting stupider, or is it just getting easier for stupid people to have their thoughts heard?

jimmy4321 likes this post.
User avatar
Bman
Mindquad
 
Posts: 27389
Likes: 10675 posts
Liked in: 8308 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shops

Postby Frisk » Oct 12th, 2017, 1:45 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 12th, 2017, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Frisk
Guru
 
Posts: 7377
Likes: 2569 posts
Liked in: 1808 posts
Joined: Apr 24th, 2011, 8:32 am
Location: West Kelowna

Re: City of W.K. Shuts Down 2 Pot Shops

Postby Queen K » Oct 12th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Just got back from Oregon and Washington.

Cannabis businesses are everywhere. Most advertise as medicinal, but some are openly saying recreational and we took photos of the one with the placard out on the sidewalk advertising "Shatter."

It's coming. The RCMP are in denial.

Everyone is.
Money can't buy what I want for Christmas. There is no war on Christmas, just a war in your heart.

maryjane48 likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 49110
Likes: 9149 posts
Liked in: 9973 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests