Flying with autism

Flying with autism

Postby Veovis » Nov 14th, 2017, 9:42 pm

A very interesting program. I know there is much more to do with this program than the standard waiting in line with a checklist, but after dealing with spectrum individuals myself this is a great idea, I hadn't heard of it previously but certainly want to give a shout out to the program.

The simple basic summary article shows some great points of what is planed to make the experience one that can be tolerated by someone on the spectrum. Especially since I think most can agree, the average individual finds it frustrating to start with.

Review their site and it does define the advances we have made in ASD over the years from "that weird kid" to "that understood kid" (if only this much better understood)

Thanks for posting the article castanet, hope they have a temporary dedicated line at the airport for it for the time it takes to help others.

article

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ith-autism

3 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3141 posts

Re: Flying with autism

Postby Queen K » Nov 15th, 2017, 6:04 am

Impressive.

I wonder how many individuals and families out there would not know about this program if castanet didn't publish the story.

I certainly had no idea.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9529 posts

Postby gman313 » Nov 15th, 2017, 10:34 am

Great program. My son is on the spectrum and will do very well with this.

FYI there is a local association who also included this in their communication so it was more than just Castanet. Lisa, who coordinates all of this is the most wonderful human being and a God send for families.

Dizzy1 likes this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 892 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Nov 16th, 2017, 2:00 am

Awesome to hear!

I was involved with similar programs when I worked for a large leisure airline in Europe - not just autistic kids, but kids and adults in various programs and those who just st had a general fear of flying and travelling.

Nice to hear we have a similar program available to groups here :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4440 posts

Return to Central Okanagan