Anti-Trump March today....

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Anti-Trump March today....

Post by JLives »

dirtybiker wrote:
I was trying to figure a way to say this also.

Ask someone at the back.
They may not even agree with the loud-mouth at the front,
yet they are there, seemingly supporting them.

Makes little sense to me.

Because the only thing they may have in common is that they are women. There are many issues being marched for today. Instead of projecting what we think they are marching for isn't it better to listen and let them speak for themselves?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Sounds good in theory.
They tend to escalate into 'white noise' ranting and yelling matches by a vehemently vocal few.

I quit listening then !

Just a few whack jobs, screaming while a few hundred others at the back
are wondering what they are screaming about......but cheering....

Yup, makes sense to me... :135:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My post was to add a comment to poster I quoted & title of this thread, not about the Women March just to clarify.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JLives wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:
I was trying to figure a way to say this also.

Ask someone at the back.
They may not even agree with the loud-mouth at the front,
yet they are there, seemingly supporting them.

Makes little sense to me.

Because the only thing they may have in common is that they are women. There are many issues being marched for today. Instead of projecting what we think they are marching for isn't it better to listen and let them speak for themselves?

Yes JLives, I like your point. I also think it could be about support in numbers. If lots of people show up to support a "cause" even without words, regardless of gender, it shows a form of solidarity. Union people will understand solidarity. Some people, male or female, use gatherings like this to just spew venom and spout of rhetoric, without giving any real thought to the issue. This happens to be a labelled a "womens" march but I would HOPE there will be a lot of men there as well - it's just wrong what has been happening to men and women, and a lot of you men and women know that. Men showing your support by showing up at what has been labelled a "womens" march would be taking a stand for all good men as well as supporting ANYONE who has been disrespected in this way.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Thank you Mr President
Attachments
donald
donald
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^^^ I think he is such a slimeball^^^^

If those are his actual words I do love his tact !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

TreeGuy wrote:
So it is just a coincidence that it coincides with the anniversary of Trumps inauguration as stated in the OP?

yes it is.if trump became president on a tuesday instead of a saturday no one would be marching
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

TreeGuy wrote:
So it is just a coincidence that it coincides with the anniversary of Trumps inauguration as stated in the OP?

voice of reason wrote:yes it is.if trump became president on a tuesday instead of a saturday no one would be marching

Not necessarily true, those that protest often don’t have jobs. Some are paid to protest. LOL
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:
JLives wrote:It's a march for many different issues for many different women. That's why it called the Women's March. You guys realize we're individuals right?

I don’t think we get “it”, but then again neither do those on the march...

(Keep in mind this is Canadian coverage in Vancouver)

sure seems these losers have no clue why they are there or even exactly what they are marching for [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] clueless left wingers
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:
JLives wrote:It's a Woman's March not an anti-Trump march. Must we make everything about men?

dle wrote:no JLives - it's not a march against men......pay close attention here - it's a march against sexual predators - Trump just happens to be one and happens to be of male gender.

Does that include Ellen?

says it all, how do you even defend this double standard jlives , my question why are there no charges filed again this sexual predator ellen
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

the truth wrote:
says it all, how do you even defend this double standard jlives , my question why are there no charges filed again this sexual predator ellen

You're kidding, right ?
Don't answer, I already know you're not.

Do you honestly see no difference in someone in a position of power using actual sexual threats, forcing themselves on others and using sex as a tool... and friends making stupid comments to one another at parties ?

You obviously have no clue what a sexual predator is.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

your saying she's not :200: if a man did this you would call him a predator http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/e ... katy-perry so why not here ?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

the truth wrote:your saying she's not :200: if a man did this you would call him a predator http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/e ... katy-perry so why not here ?

No, she is most certainly not in a position of power over Katy Perry.
She is not Katy's boss, superior or agent.
They are equals in the industry. They are all friends.
She did not, in any way, try to force herself sexually on Katy.

Again, huge difference between a sexual predator and friends..of any gender..joking with one another at a party.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

liberal logic lol sexual assault is ok if your both freinds
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

voice of reason wrote:liberal logic lol sexual assault is ok if your both freinds

And/or if you are a subordinate to that person.

Return to “Central Okanagan”