The Ellis on Hastings

Bubalouie
Guru

Re: The Ellis on Hastings

Post by Bubalouie »

anything on this.....seems to have gone pretty quiet.......
theseeker
Fledgling

Re: THE ELLIS on Hastings

Post by theseeker »

-fluffy- wrote:I think it may be more of a market thing, the complex was finished just as property values were tanking, you could be dealing with speculators who bought high and may be asking a little more than the units are currently worth. It certainly wouldn't hurt to see if you can get your hands on a current appraisal. I work right across the street from there, and live three blocks away, and have never smelled the treatment plant. You might catch a whiff on a hot summer day if you are right beside the plant, but I doubt you'd smell anything from the Ellis.

Check out www.bcassessment.ca you should find all the info you need.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I was questioning the sink hole and all the other issues that were brought up earlier this year regarding workmanship on the building, etc........
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

You were looking to buy in there once upon a time, weren't you?

The CHBC article linked to on page one made it sound like the thing was in court, which means that the developers and engineers involved will likely be playing the game of delay and evade.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

No friends were but when all that came up on the news, they wisely chose not to.....they are renting right now as they are new to Pen. and maybe buying in the spring.........they're checking out neighborhoods, etc. before they make a decision.....they are very happy that they didn't buy at the Ellis.........
sometimesiwonder

Re: The Ellis on Hastings in Penticton

Post by sometimesiwonder »

Can anyone tell me if all litigation has been settled on this and what the prognosis is for this building's future? Realtors still stating that it was a minor water problem- believe me, a sink hole is NOT a minor problem and often cannot be 'fixed' just patched for awhile. I was told that the prices of the units were adjusted to a fair price- NOT fair if your place is declared uninhabitable and you have to walk away from $150,000 investment! I have tried to talk to city officials, but they keep referring me to 'others' and no one seems to be very truthful re it all. Hopefully the engineers, developers, inspectors and the city have had to pay something to the original unsuspecting purchasers. It seems wrong that these places are still being listed without any big 'warnings'. I would love to know what the final outcome of this fiasco was.......who paid the original owners or compensated them for these building experts screw ups, or did they? Anyone know any of the original owners? I have a friend who wants to buy in there, as the location is good for him, he can afford the price, the place 'looks good'...I have 'warned' him, but would like to be able to provide him with more information before he 'jumps to purchase'....he is way too trusting of his realtor! Thanks-any info would be greatly appreciated.

sometimesiwonder

Return to “Central Okanagan”