Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Should the convicted have to pay resistuition to the community?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 67

Stinkerbell

Arrests in Vernon of the Greeks

Post by Stinkerbell »

I'm so glad to hear that the RCMP are cracking down on the drug problem in the North Okanagan. I know that in the last 10 to 15 years the use of cocaine has caused so much pain and grief for these communities. This gang's influence on the communities on the North Okanagan have changed them iirrevocably. Now as a community, we are left with the carnage. Perhaps the deep pockets of these criminals once they are found guilty should be put to work repairing and paying for service to heal the communities and victims affected.

I hope this puts the fear of God into those still out there doing this kind of organized crime in the Valley. I hope the RCMP are not just using this as a publicity stunt to appear to be making a difference. I hope they do not screw up their investigation. I hope the Crown does not screw up or go easy on these criminals. I hope that Wally Opal or who ever is ultimately responsible for the charges watches these cases closely.
B-Diddy

Post by B-Diddy »

I wonder how much information the RCMP have to propose charges to Crown for the murders of Belinda Scott et al.

Sidenote: The guy on the front page doesn't look Greek. Maybe all the cool gang names were already taken?
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

Well these guys are usually just bullys anyways and you know bullys... not always the sharpest knife in the drawer. :!: :!: :roll:
B-Diddy

Post by B-Diddy »

You're 100% right VEvans.

They're usually sharp like Ice Cream Scoops- the ones I have dealt with anyhow.

Amazing how many people still end up running in circles with the wrong crowds.

Any chance we can send them all to Kamloops?
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

I don't know but I hope all those that were intimidated by these thugs in the past, step up and spill the beans. Our communities need to be purged of this garbage. I for one am tired of seeing my home town full of this utter waste of human kind.
B-Diddy

Post by B-Diddy »

Agreed!

Lets all start with City Park. I think we can definitely take it back from those undesireables who currently infest the area.

Someone needs to invent "loser-spray" similar to bugspray.

We could get the Orkin guy to fog the whole town!!!
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

Better yet, spray the ones we witness making public transactions in dope with indelable ink.. like the stuff used by banks...
Derry

Post by Derry »

I see these thugs are connected to the HA's in Kelowna and Calgary!!. They just do the dirty work for them.
I agree that more should be done to rid our communities of these vermin. They just poisen our communities and ruin lives.
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

Don't think for a minute that there are not alot of HA's in the North Okanagan. You only have to drive by certain bars to see what I mean.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

VEvans wrote:Don't think for a minute that there are not alot of HA's in the North Okanagan. You only have to drive by certain bars to see what I mean.

Aw but they do such a good job of keeping all the ethnic gangs outta K-Town, keeping it all nice and white for the God bothering local folk.
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
smarty
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by smarty »

As "citizens" of the KTown community, HOW is it that you preceive the "riddance" of these folks?
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

One: make pot legal so that it's not profitable to sell it.
Two: make sure that those caught selling truly harmful drugs like coke, crystal meth, heroin, crank and crack pay both financially for the harm they have caused and put away for the maximums.
Three educate our children from a young age about the inherent dangers of all drugs ---- including booze.
Four teach good mental health practices starting at Kindergarten.
Five hold parents responsible for their child's misdoings.
That's just a few of the things I can think for right now.

Did anybody see the girlfriend of the leader who was arrested vouch for his character? What a joke. I bet they thought they could intimidate the people in the community that should be going to the police with evidence. How does someone who is just an employee of a family run pizza joint afford a Porche. I can only guess that he doesn't drink or do drugs because he was at least smart enough to be clear headed to run his business. Now that he has been arrested I bet the people he owes money to are looking for his a$$. I don't feel sorry for this guy, because now he will have to be looking behind his shoulder where ever he is. Poor Guy :roll:

This was such a big story that KOMO in Seattle covered it.
smarty
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by smarty »

ok...for arguments sake...'we" legalized alcohol...HOW have the effects of that action affected our lives...ie: costs associated with the addiction of alcohol?
Stinkerbell

Post by Stinkerbell »

Well atleast we don't have people dying because some home brew. We also don't have criminals profiting from something we as a society have been drinking for a long time.
JoetheMobster

Post by JoetheMobster »

B-Diddy wrote:I wonder how much information the RCMP have to propose charges to Crown for the murders of Belinda Scott et al.

Sidenote: The guy on the front page doesn't look Greek. Maybe all the cool gang names were already taken?

aren't those the people that were "missing and presumed murdered" (on the front of the castanet website)

Return to “Central Okanagan”