New graffiti bylaws in the works

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Isfan says graffiti continues to be a drain on city coffers.

In 2009, he says the city spent over $140,000 to clean up graffiti. That figure does not include administration costs.

In 2005, the city spent $40,000 on graffiti abatement.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#53541

We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New graffiti bylaws in the works

Post by kompili »

Isfan says a free paint pilot program instituted last fall was successful and will be implemented city-side this year.

The program allows homeowners affected by graffiti to receive free paint.

Sounds like a great way for people to get free paint. I can imagine Granny Moses out there, spraying a little graffiti on her fence to get some free paint.
:dyinglaughing:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I wonder if new laws dealing with the perpertrators of the Graffiti are also in the works. These limp wristed pantie waisted bleeding heart poor them attitudes do more to contribute to their proliferation than anything.

And in 2017, has anything changed? Now that Spring is upon us, what is happening to discourage the scourge that pops its ugly head up every year, the wanton destruction of public and private property throughout the Okanagan.
Last edited by Queen K on Apr 5th, 2017, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rutland06

Post by Rutland06 »

Are the mayor and council really that stupid to think this is going to work? If the punks cant steal it from Kelowna stores that easy they can still get it in surrounding communities. All this is going to do is inconvenience store clerks and everyday people that buy it for everyday LEGAL purposes. If they wanted to do something useful to combat the problem raise the fines to the scum that do this kind of stuff. Give me a break!
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

All they have to do, is go into dads garage and get all the paint they want. Or buy it off EBAY or some other way through the internet.

http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=spray+p ... t=0&bkBtn=
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:I wonder if new laws dealing with the perpertrators of the Graffiti are also in the works. These limp wristed pantie waisted bleeding heart poor them attitudes do more to contribute to their proliferation than anything.

And in 2017, has anything changed? Now that Spring is upon us, what is happening to discourage the scourge that pops its ugly head up every year, the wanton destruction of public and private property throughout the Okanagan.

Edited to add: Helps to quote yourself to revive an old favourite thread.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Near heart attack, I thought " kompili" had returned from Internet hell, opening this topic
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No, it's just little old moi, being inspired by Mexicalidreamer's desire to see old thread topics revived. [icon_lol2.gif]

All I want to know is what is it going to take to get graffiti idiots to be stopped from destroying the city and the budget this year.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

GenesisGT wrote:Near heart attack, I thought " kompili" had returned from Internet hell, opening this topic

For a moment I thought Sharon Shepherd was back.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The way Basaran is allowing Kelowna to be destroyed on every level, I'd wish Shepard was back.

:topic:

Graffiti and the idijiots who don't throw the book at them.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Queen K wrote:The way Basaran is allowing Kelowna to be destroyed on every level, I'd wish Shepard was back.

:topic:

Graffiti and the idijiots who don't throw the book at them.

Lol - I actually thought pretty much the same thing shortly after posting it - and never imagined I would ponder the thought!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What ever happened to kompoli?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Either was abducted and is being probed "cucumber cucumber" or is doing five to seven for :cuss: .
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I thought I was the only one who used cucumber as a safe word.
For alien probes I use "♢□○°•■●■".
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bman wrote:What ever happened to kompoli?

Probably Lurking under a new name.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”