Jet fighters

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Jet fighters

Post by Queen K »

I saw one or two different jet fighters flying over Rutland at 4 pm or so today,

anyone know anything about them?

Why would they be here?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jet fighters

Post by Captain Awesome »

Another large grow up busted?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Two F-18's going north. Watched them both.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Looking for Osama?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
YoungFarmer
Fledgling

Post by YoungFarmer »

They do stop and goes at the airport because its semi-mountain terrain, they were doing it the other day aswell. I live more on the north end of the airport and we saw them swing around 4-5 times with landing gear down.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Saw them both from Dilworth area.Awesome.The neighbor said they fuel up here?
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Those suckers can probably fly here from their base quicker than I can make it to the mall!
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Anyone see if they were leaving contrails, or chemtrails. Somethings was very busy in the sky today, huge chemtrails, turned a beautiful day into the cloudy, rainy day.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

kompili wrote:Anyone see if they were leaving contrails, or chemtrails. Somethings was very busy in the sky today, huge chemtrails, turned a beautiful day into the cloudy, rainy day.

Doubt they had anything to do with it. And contrails did not cause the rain today.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Here we go with chemtrails again. They're called contrails and they are normal. As for the fighters, does anyone know what kind they were? F-18s, I suspect.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
YoungFarmer
Fledgling

Post by YoungFarmer »

Nebula wrote:Here we go with chemtrails again. They're called contrails and they are normal. As for the fighters, does anyone know what kind they were? F-18s, I suspect.

Yes they were F-18's. Soon after I saw them I got a call from my ex-airforce grandfather asking if I saw them. The roar of an F-18 is hard to miss and sounds much different then anything else, snowbirds, large jets, ect.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I can't remember what an 18 sounds like. Now a 104, I remember. It was the most haunting sound from my childhood.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I heard 'em coming and I heard 'em going ... and if they had slowed down a tad, I might have gotten a pic when they were here! Like bees buzzing all around me, but too fast to shoot.

Wish I had some advance notice when things like this are going down (or up as the case may be).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

grammafreddy wrote:I heard 'em coming and I heard 'em going ... and if they had slowed down a tad, I might have gotten a pic when they were here! Like bees buzzing all around me, but too fast to shoot.

Wish I had some advance notice when things like this are going down (or up as the case may be).
I know it happened to fast to get the camera out. I almost missed seeing the second one as wasnt expecting it . :127:
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Here ya go. I gotta good zoom.
Attachments
Jet.jpg
Every Relationship Is Give & Give

Return to “Grab Bag”