Friday, October 31st8.5°C

Brittney Irving Found Deceased

Kelowna and Joe Rich topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Brittney Irving Found Deceased

Postby givenrfarm » Jun 28th, 2010, 10:54 am

They made an arrest. No kidding. Do they plan on announcing in a big red banner that they will have a name too? Honestly Castanet. Old news for a few days now. But way to make me sit by my computer waiting to see what you knew that Facebook didn't. I'm sure I'll waitt by the computer again to find out the name of the accused. But I'll probably just check out Facebook for it. It's faster.
Chrome, cowboy boots, and a license does not, a professional driver make!
Horse, cowboy hat, and pick-up truck, does not, a cowboy make!
Twenty grand, twenty miles, and two tattoos, does not, a biker make!
givenrfarm
Board Meister

Liked in: 22 posts

Postby Tom Jones » Jun 28th, 2010, 10:55 am

intune wrote:How strange that link was to a castanet story and now its a white page ???

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#55419

It works now:

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/55 ... ing-murder

No new info yet.
Tom Jones
Fledgling

Liked in: 1 post

Postby mochajava » Jun 28th, 2010, 11:24 am

"Joey" -Joe Verma has been charged
mochajava

Liked in: 0 post

Postby ferri » Jun 28th, 2010, 11:24 am

it's been updated. it was Joelon Verma that was arrested.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.- Albert Einstein
ferri

Liked in: 703 posts

Postby Bestside » Jun 28th, 2010, 11:35 am

Former Independent Solider arrested in connection to Irving murder

By Kathy Michaels - Kelowna Capital News
Published: June 28, 2010 11:00 AM
Updated: June 28, 2010 11:27 AM
A former member of the gang Independent Soldiers was arrested in connection to the murder of Brittney Irving.

Joelon Verma, 29, was picked up in Rutland Friday and sat in a Kelowna holding cell over the weekend before facing charges of first degree murder and robbery today.

"Verma is well known to police, however, he does not have a criminal record," said Const. Steve Holmes at a press conference this morning.

While police are reticent to release many details, they have said that Irving, 24, was scheduled to meet with Verma to sell him a "large quantity" of marijuana, April 6 — the last day she was seen by family members.

Police announced her body was found on May 25, and said autopsy results indicated her disappearance was a homicide. They still won't comment on what caused her death, or where her body was found.

Verma is expected to be before the courts in two weeks.
Last edited by Bestside on Jun 28th, 2010, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Bestside
Guru

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby NobleCrest » Jun 28th, 2010, 11:36 am

Interesting. His name was thrown around in connection with Geoff Meisner's disappearance as well.

Maybe this arrest will lead to some closure for Geoff's family as well.
NobleCrest

Postby mochajava » Jun 28th, 2010, 11:43 am

NobleCrest wrote:Interesting. His name was thrown around in connection with Geoff Meisner's disappearance as well.

Maybe this arrest will lead to some closure for Geoff's family as well.

I hope so, the cases are so similar..so many connections
mochajava

Postby ukguy » Jun 28th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Drug dealer off the streets dead and the murderer arrested it's a win win situation. Streets are safer all round.
ukguy

Postby gman313 » Jun 28th, 2010, 12:55 pm

ukguy wrote:Drug dealer off the streets dead and the murderer arrested it's a win win situation. Streets are safer all round.

Do you really think this puts the slightest dent into making the streets safey. Watch, he will get off on a lesser charge.

The gangs send folks who are expendable to do these deals. This arrest makes 0 impact in the war on gangs.
gman313
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 68 posts

Postby Bagotricks » Jun 28th, 2010, 12:58 pm

ukguy wrote:Drug dealer off the streets dead and the murderer arrested it's a win win situation. Streets are safer all round.

Fail. Drugs are still illegal and will always be in demand. All that was accomplished by arresting the "drug dealer" was the creation of a job vacancy - that will allready be filled by the time I am done typing this sentence.

That marijuauna that Brittney was selling sure wouldnt have killed anyone.

Why is Brittney dead? The drug laws killed her, the black market we create for criminals.

Sad day. Even sadder that some people think this will just stop once we hit that "magic number" of arrests and people in jail.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby sarahsays » Jun 28th, 2010, 1:22 pm

WRONG! She was a young woman who made some poor choices. I didnt know Brittney Irving personally, but she had alot of friends and family who cared about her. She didnt not deserve to die an asumingly terrible death. Its a loss not a win. A beautiful young woman with her whole life ahead of her is gone forever and for you to call that a win is disgusting.
sarahsays
Fledgling

Postby gman313 » Jun 28th, 2010, 1:37 pm

intune wrote:

WRONG! She was a young woman who made some poor choices. I didnt know Brittney Irving personally, but she had alot of friends and family who cared about her. She didnt not deserve to die an asumingly terrible death. Its a loss not a win. A beautiful young woman with her whole life ahead of her is gone forever and for you to call that a win is disgusting.

Does this mean any drug dealer is just a person who made some bad choices and doesn't deserve to die. What if she marketed to kids? What if it was a drug that was cut with something more harmful.

Where do you draw the line if one deserves to die or doesn't for selling drugs?

Here's an idea, legalize the stuff and the criminal element is taken out of it. Users could grow a little of their own or pick it up from the pharmacy, then we don't need the poor Brittney's of the world dying!

edited to add: For the record I believe she didn't deserve to die. No one does, not for humans to decide anyways....
gman313
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 68 posts

Postby Tom Jones » Jun 28th, 2010, 1:53 pm

mochajava wrote:"Joey" -Joe Verma has been charged

Wow. Any word on his status with the Independent Soldiers and who stabbed him last year?
Tom Jones
Fledgling

Liked in: 1 post

Postby sarahsays » Jun 28th, 2010, 2:15 pm

gman313 wrote:
intune wrote:

Does this mean any drug dealer is just a person who made some bad choices and doesn't deserve to die. What if she marketed to kids? What if it was a drug that was cut with something more harmful.

Where do you draw the line if one deserves to die or doesn't for selling drugs?

Here's an idea, legalize the stuff and the criminal element is taken out of it. Users could grow a little of their own or pick it up from the pharmacy, then we don't need the poor Brittney's of the world dying!

edited to add: For the record I believe she didn't deserve to die. No one does, not for humans to decide anyways....

She was selling drugs which warrants a jail sentance not death. If the government legalized pot what would be next legalizing crack and heroin too?
sarahsays
Fledgling

Postby ferri » Jun 28th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Tom Jones wrote:
mochajava wrote:"Joey" -Joe Verma has been charged

Wow. Any word on his status with the Independent Soldiers and who stabbed him last year?

i'm just curious, any idea what a 'former' Independent Soldier is? i thought there was only one way out of a gang, and since he is breathing...
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.- Albert Einstein
ferri

Liked in: 703 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Kelowna