Board Meister

Re: Houseboat Fatality in Magna Bay

Post by DaveC »

GUILTY!!!!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I had wondered what happened. Thanks for the update.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Certainly took a long time getting to this point... the point where this selfish, inconsiderate and reckless behavior results in the man going to jail. Three years [less whatever time is taken off automatically] is precious little penalty for an adult being so irresponsible and taking the life of another person. Rather irksome that he was attempting to get his conviction quashed based on his contention that his trial was not completed quickly enough. At least he HAD the time as opposed to the man he killed.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Treblehook wrote:Certainly took a long time getting to this point... the point where this selfish, inconsiderate and reckless behavior results in the man going to jail. Three years [less whatever time is taken off automatically] is precious little penalty for an adult being so irresponsible and taking the life of another person. Rather irksome that he was attempting to get his conviction quashed based on his contention that his trial was not completed quickly enough. At least he HAD the time as opposed to the man he killed.

He can still appeal
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

You sure called that one right GordonH !! Amazing what it takes to gain a solid conviction against someone who kills another person through their recklessness and negligence. One would think that the speed [in total darkness] required to launch that speed boat completely into the houseboat would be a good piece of the required evidence to convict. Add to that the consumption of intoxicants and [I think] smoking pot, and the demonstrated erratic driving prior to the crash, would have sealed the criminal conviction. Oh well, I guess he has the money to keep his lawyer on the case, so this is the result. I wonder how he really feels about having killed that poor man... whether he feels guilt and responsibility? I guess he is putting his money on the argument that he didn't get his trial with a reasonable amount of time... BS.

Return to “Central Okanagan”