Little White Mountain...

Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Little White Mountain...

Post by Relentless »

Am123 wrote: A page or two back someone posted a google earth print out of them access telegraph from a fire break. That was punched through by quads which aren't helping matters any.

The old road ends at the deactivated wide cut line you speak of, quads cannot access the telegraph trail from this wide "fire guard" side, it's all fallen trees and stumps!
Am123

Post by Am123 »

Not true.
When I go back up there in June to clear the windfall off telegraph and rebuild the small foot bridge in that area ill snap a few photos. When I cleared telegraph (50+ trees) last year I walked out on that double track to the end if the road.

It's a pointless argument anyways, it's an unauthorized access into a bcpark and its completely unnecessary considering you pass the official entrance and your only saving yourself 20 min of hiking by accessing higher.

About 15 posts down everyone jumped all over a guy who showed disrespect about a trail closure in the Crawford falls area, id expect the same level of respect to be shown in this case.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

98514036.jpg
Am123, Is this the area you are talking about?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

UltraViolet wrote:
98514036.jpg
Am123, Is this the area you are talking about?

Ha! I chased 6 whitetails right there a couple of years ago!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Am123

Post by Am123 »

Thats the spot.
That log corduroy was placed there for a reason.

I'm also a cyclist, why do so many cyclists think going up that is a good idea? Trust me, find an injured friend to drive the truck back down and access via canyon lakes, it's less pushing and you get 20-30min of alpine singletrack on the approch followed by a 3 hour decent.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Last time I took that trail, it was clear - but that was 3 summers ago, IIRC. Quads were already all up & down it; horrible condition on the lower part at that time. Wouldn't recommend riding it. Stoopid vehicles ruin everything.

I've seen tire tracks in the pond up top in UV's pic, as late as last summer.

Lastly, you can approach from the south up an old poorly marked hiking trail.

That's the way I prefer to go these days, both by bike and foot. (by bike I obviously keep to the switchbacks) My first few trips up (both via foot and bike) was the old LW FSR.
Your bias suits you.
andrewdrouin

Post by andrewdrouin »

Anyone 'out there' been up to the summit of Little White via the Highland Trail / in from Corporation Lake this year? Am trying to descide between the east vs. west access for a Tuesday hike up.

Have seen the eastern entrance via Canyon Lake in years past, but not the western via Corp. Lake...

Any up-to-date input would be great. Tnx.

Andrew
http://www.SouthOkanaganTrailAlliance.com
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Tried from corporation. Was a mess. Thick, rocks, blowdowns
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

to bad none of those stupid vehicles have been up they always pack a power saw for that pesky blowdown
andrewdrouin

Post by andrewdrouin »

I'd take a good rider and trials bike from what I understand - and those 'pesky riders' might be gratefully welcome to visit :-)

Andrew
simon01

Post by simon01 »

What a great story to follow . Did anyone ever make it to he top snowshoeing. I'm planning hike up tomorrow from the 201

Return to “Central Okanagan”