Penticton couple missing for over two weeks in USA

Midnite
Fledgling

Re: Penticton Couple Missing for over two week in USA

Post by Midnite »

I don't think it was the GPS to blame. According to the Elko Daily Free Press they decided to do some sightseeing and got stuck.
He took the GPS to help find the highway. Not sure if he took the road they came in or attempted a more direct route.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

I can't understand how people can get lost with a map, compass, and GPS. It only takes one of the three to get you out. Having all three is luxury. Almost like cheating.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

I am surprised that a road accessible in a van in March has not seen any traffic in nearly 7 weeks. I think most roads around here see a quad or 4X4 nearly every week.
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

How far off the main road were they?? Still trying to wrap my head around this...And how far in the mud were they stuck?? By the picture of the van that Castanet showed, it looked like they could have possibly tried to get it out...unless over the time the battery died? I dont know, this just seems odd...
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Something is fishy with this story. The van is not even on the road. If it was super cold up there, the mud would have been frozen and they most likely would not have got stuck. There is also no mud on the van. Why is the back wheel different? Why did they not burn a tire or something?

They also said when found, the woman looked like she always did. I'm pretty sure that eating a teaspoon of food a day for 7 weeks would make you look pretty bad....and why ration food that much unless you knew you would be out there for a long time.

I call bs on official explanation.
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

Bellevuejim wrote:Something is fishy with this story. The van is not even on the road. If it was super cold up there, the mud would have been frozen and they most likely would not have got stuck. There is also no mud on the van. Why is the back wheel different? Why did they not burn a tire or something?

They also said when found, the woman looked like she always did. I'm pretty sure that eating a teaspoon of food a day for 7 weeks would make you look pretty bad....and why ration food that much unless you knew you would be out there for a long time.

That is what I was thinking!! The van really doesn't look stuck at all! I could understand if it was in 3 or 4 feet of mud but look at the picture! That doesnt make sense...They did say though that she did lose 20-30 lbs which makes sense for sure..but wouldn't you thinking after ONE MONTH and nobody has come back for you that you would maybe make an attempt yourself? I can't see myself sitting in a car for almost two months without trying to get help! I would not sit there and hope someone finds me..I would be making every effort to find my way out and if I died trying well at least I tried instead of sitting and waiting...
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Sperica7 wrote:
That is what I was thinking!! The van really doesn't look stuck at all! I could understand if it was in 3 or 4 feet of mud but look at the picture! .

Are you making your 'stuck' assumptions on this photo ? Those vans are heavy and have really crappy ground clearance . I could see it easily getting stuck where it is in this picture. Its easy being an armchair QB but I would have turned UP the hill ( left ) , then backed down onto the roadway instead of turning down into that small gully. Could have been many outstanding details not yet announced though .

When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Penticton Couple Missing for over two weeks in USA

Post by Bpeep »

Its likely when they got stuck in there that whole area was covered with snow.
They showed a shot of the area on tv yesterday, there was 6 inches of snow on the road not far from there.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

Sperica7 wrote:
Bellevuejim wrote:Something is fishy with this story. The van is not even on the road. If it was super cold up there, the mud would have been frozen and they most likely would not have got stuck. There is also no mud on the van. Why is the back wheel different? Why did they not burn a tire or something?

That is what I was thinking!! The van really doesn't look stuck at all! I could understand if it was in 3 or 4 feet of mud but look at the picture! That doesnt make sense...They did say though that she did lose 20-30 lbs which makes sense for sure..but wouldn't you thinking after ONE MONTH and nobody has come back for you that you would maybe make an attempt yourself? I can't see myself sitting in a car for almost two months without trying to get help! I would not sit there and hope someone finds me..I would be making every effort to find my way out and if I died trying well at least I tried instead of sitting and waiting...

Really? You think she did the wrong thing by staying with the vehicle. You do know she survived right? How is that wrong?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Really a miracle she survived. :sunshine:
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Bellevuejim wrote: I'm pretty sure that eating a teaspoon of food a day for 7 weeks would make you look pretty bad....and why ration food that much unless you knew you would be out there for a long time.

Because you don't know how long you are going to be without food? What are you going to do... eat it all in one day?

There are some strange things about the story, but rationing food isn't one of them.

I hope you never get stuck in the bush, you'd be dead in one day.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

fvkasm2x wrote:
Bellevuejim wrote: I'm pretty sure that eating a teaspoon of food a day for 7 weeks would make you look pretty bad....and why ration food that much unless you knew you would be out there for a long time.

Because you don't know how long you are going to be without food? What are you going to do... eat it all in one day?

There are some strange things about the story, but rationing food isn't one of them.

I hope you never get stuck in the bush, you'd be dead in one day.

I would give him a week fvk, but still we would not have seen him alive in the amount of time she survived. She is one smart lady, and lucky for her smarts. Hope they find the husband too.

Don't worry Scorpion, They wont even care about those useless ignorant posts here, They have their mom back, just have to hope for a second miracle.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Everybody has a right to ask questions. Everybody has a right to question the facts presented. I am seeing the same type of posts that were made when people were supporting the whole "geoff meisner" was a great guy and must just be missing for no good reason.

There are always all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories out there. Who knows what people do...some examples:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... uilty.html

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... money.aspx

I think it's important to look at all facts logically.

Saying all that, reviewing all the media reports etc, I am sure now that this story is as it seems. I am very happy for the family.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

confirmed affiliated with organized crime...declared dead

http://gangstersout.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... ngels.html
scorpion1024
Fledgling

Post by scorpion1024 »

Bellevuejim wrote:Everybody has a right to ask questions. Everybody has a right to question the facts presented. .

There are always all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories out there. Who knows what people do...some examples:

I think it's important to look at all facts logically.

Please explain to me what the benefit is to Mrs.Chretien to stage a fake 7 week survival in a mini-van.

To appear on the Oprah show?

:eyeballspin:
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

Return to “Central Okanagan”