Penticton couple missing for over two weeks in USA

Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Penticton couple missing for over two weeks in USA

Post by Ali Gator »

Albert and Rita Chretien drove to Las Vegas March 19 2011 and were reported missing when they failed to return home on Thursday March 31 2011. There has been no activity on their bank account or their cell phones.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#61188
To date the van has not been located either!
Last edited by Ali Gator on May 8th, 2011, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex1967
Fledgling

Re: Penticton Couple Missing for over two week in USA

Post by Alex1967 »

I have had the good fortune to meet the Chretiens several times, and their son Carl. They have doen work for me in the past. Very nice people, wonderful to do business with, Rital Excavating.
I'm hoping for the best. Their disappearance is completely out of character from what I know of them. They do not strike me as the sort of people who would just wander, or take an unplanned side trip.
Thoughts, best wishes and prayers for their family and friends.
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

The couple did use their credit card to purchase gas on March 19 2011. At least it is a starting point to begin a search. So good to find that the credit card was NOT stolen! Hoping for good news soon!
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I wonder what the weather was like through that Baker City area. My husband and I drove that same route in January and the road and weather conditions were very poor until just around the Oregon/Idaho border.

While the road was still busy (lots of traffic) it could still be possible they went off the road somewhere. I hope that plane the family is hiring works out for them.

Obviously details we don't know, but I wonder where their planned stop for the night was? Boise? Twin Falls? I'm sure their family has checked out their hotel details already.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

My wife and I drove the exact same route in early March and returned via the same route 8 days before the Chretiens would be travelling South. On the way down, we made it as far as Boise the first night, but could have made it to Twin Falls. The distance for obtaining gas at Baker City works out, my guess is they fell victim to the lack of gaurd rails along a lot of stretches in this area.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The RCMP are supposed to be checking hotel/motel and campground records. I hope. Not reassuring that a 56 year old man disappeared on that same route not too long ago. Got no link but I heard that on Globaltv.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
moi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by moi »

Hope they are found soon. I get the feeling that it's not going to be good news. But here's hoping that they are found safe and sound.
_Hello_

Post by _Hello_ »

Prayers go out to the missing couple and to their family and friends. May they return soon and safe!!
"Time is the most valuable thing human kind can spend"
"All that really belongs to us is time, even he who has nothing has that"
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"
chillybrew

Post by chillybrew »

_Hello_ wrote:Prayers go out to the missing couple and to their family and friends. May they return soon and safe!!

Well said, I hope they return safe!
chillybrew

Post by chillybrew »

Anything new about the missing couple? Are they still needing volunteers to help search?
tmjones

Post by tmjones »

The family has created a page on facebook called "Missing - Al & Rita Chretien". They do posts updates. We sure hope the family gets some answers soon.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#61902

:sunshine:

Rita Chretien found alive
by Castanet Staff - Story: 61902
May 6, 2011 / 7:44 pm

Rita Chretien, missing for seven weeks has been found alive.

RCMP spokesman, Dan Moskaluk, confirmed the news just after 7 p.m. Friday evening.

"Rita found alive at vehicle. Van off road, stuck in Nevada," Moskaluk stated in a tweet.

"We are all just in shock. Nothing short of a miracle," Moskaluk said in another tweet.

"Al walked away from the van on the 22nd. Search is on for him."

Rita Chretien was found at the family vehicle by hunters in Elko County, Nevada.

More details to follow.

share top of page

Rita Chretien found ALIVE!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
irish61
Fledgling

Post by irish61 »

Words cannot describe how happy this news has made me feel. Miracles do happen! So happy for Rita and her family. Now to find Al and know what has happened to him.
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

It truly is a miracle! Thoughts are with the family of Al and Rita
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

I am SO happy to hear this news ! OMG ! I cannot even fathom the joy their family & friends must be feeling. I hope they can find Dad too. Until you have a family member go missing you can't really understand the anguish & sorrow the family goes thru. For us, after 4 mths sadly it didn't turn out as well. But I am SOOOOO happy to hear this !!!!!! Oh my - how did she survive 7 weeks missing !?

Return to “Central Okanagan”