southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Channel Crossing Financiers

Post by southy »

And your point is?
Thaioriginals

Post by Thaioriginals »

Kudos to anyone who takes a investment risk with this stalled and uncertain economy. Malaysia had no qualms about me investing in their country, as far as I know. Do you have any more information on who the investors are? Their positive outlook might be the kick start we need in the South Okanagan.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

From what I've seen so far with that, nobody has invested anything other than in a couple of billboards.....
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The economy in general, jobs leaving faster than they can be created, lost opportunites in the name of tourism, more empty stores in Cherry Lane, still unleased space years after completion in Peachtree Square. I would like to know what the 4 thousand or so people in our recent poll that bandied about something about "vision" for the future have in mind? This coupled with an engineering nightmare and associated cost of a channel crossing at Green Ave is the reason for nothing more than billboards with the "Opening In" date being postponed anually.

Edit to add- You can bet the financiers took note of the rejection of the prison and the millions in annual payroll it would have brought. When the big boys are looking where to put their money you can bet they are wondering just what the local folk will allow into their community to stimulate growth. Next up? Let's shut down that stinky foundry. We can use the space to sell fruit and over priced wine to the tourists.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

If I am informed I hope correctly, that its stalled due to dithering from the band council.This maybe a good thing in the long run as the people that are behind this little venture are non other than the notorious Raidy's\The Lippo Group, out of Indonesia.They are using PDG out of Van for proxy...and work through them incognito..This is the same bunch that tried to buy some influence during the Clinton campaign,were caught,sentenced,and never to be allowed entry into to the United States again.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

The latest developments:

Everyone needs to shake their we heads and take a deep breathe here. The ones who are going to make the dough are the investors, the ones buying up the retail space. They are Project Development Group [PDG]. And who is behind that name, why of course the Riady family, Mochtar and James that is folks, The Lippo Group. And who are they one might ask. They are Chinese businessmen who work for motherland China. They are PLA connected just like their counterpart, operative, Li Ka-Shing. Covert Spies, little dears!
If you dont believe me use due dilligence and do the research.
Here are the key elements:
Check out Project Development Group and who heads it up..check the CV
Look for The Lippo Group
Then find out who are the Lippo Group
What are they known for
Look up ChinaGate and the Bill Clinton campaign finance scandal
John Huang and his friends
And what then, was the outcome of that schmozzle..you will be amazed!

China has a vested interest in surreptitiously owning vast portions of Canadian Commercial and Residential Real Estate as well as fundamental resources such as mining, timber and oil.

and we are letting this happen without questioning all this!
3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

LightShine: Nice sleuthing. Under-valued investments are generally the way to maximizing your returns. Can we blame them? Penticton has tons of potential once we get over our lack of confidence and identity crisis (for lack of better words).

As for the few still lamenting The Prison - I would simply propose that it is not too late to re-locate to Oliver and realize your career or investment goals :spinball:

Lastly, I wish the PIB all the best with the Channel Crossing project. May this be the beginning of a new chapter for our neighbors.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

:rate10:
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

Poor arguments are made using "a bottom line" investors point of view such as you propose poster. Sadly if thats the case we might as well give up on the corruption and let the dice fall where they may.....can you say,U N C L E ! What a comment on where our society is going if thats the direction our city has taken, turn a blind eye to it all and make a fast buck. Sorry little one but this city is made up and built up from bigger peeps than you. We intend to remain an enviable town apparently one that the world still wants to visit ,play in and enjoy all our scenic riches, indeed a safe haven from said Chinese corruption.
Tell you what, I'll recommend to them that they go and set up in your backyard, how's that little one and we'll see who is the "richer."
Penticton wont stand for these Asian criminals in our midst, specially the Raidy's, Communist spies for [Motherland China] and friends of co-conspirator, Li Ka-Shing.
I could bore you with more detailing poster but suffice for now that this information is now out there. Later!

..little one
3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

Regardless of who that last post was aimed at, I see that we actually agree on one thing:
Penticton is a potentially wonderful investment.

You might want to consider that using a condescending tone and calling people names won't earn you much respect here. Furthermore, labeling people of being "spies or criminals" without concrete evidence is getting awfully close to defamation
or worst, slander. Let's hope that it was just a momentary lapse of reason (BTW, I'm reasonably certain that our forum moderators remain free of Chinese influence...)
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

LightShine wrote:The latest developments:

Everyone needs to shake their we heads and take a deep breathe here. The ones who are going to make the dough are the investors, the ones buying up the retail space. They are Project Development Group [PDG]. And who is behind that name, why of course the Riady family, Mochtar and James that is folks, The Lippo Group. And who are they one might ask. They are Chinese businessmen who work for motherland China. They are PLA connected just like their counterpart, operative, Li Ka-Shing. Covert Spies, little dears!
If you dont believe me use due dilligence and do the research.
Here are the key elements:
Check out Project Development Group and who heads it up..check the CV
Look for The Lippo Group
Then find out who are the Lippo Group
What are they known for
Look up ChinaGate and the Bill Clinton campaign finance scandal
John Huang and his friends
And what then, was the outcome of that schmozzle..you will be amazed!

China has a vested interest in surreptitiously owning vast portions of Canadian Commercial and Residential Real Estate as well as fundamental resources such as mining, timber and oil.
and we are letting this happen without questioning all this!

But there is nothing to be "owned" from a real estate standpoint in this project. Band lands get leased to the developer and the band (or locate) will benefit from the lease payment revenue and also the tax revenue on the improvements that are built. The investors will look to make a financial return on the long terms deals they sign with the prospective tenants that must also amortize the capital construction costs.

The only reason why these types of commercial deals work is because it is both cheaper and quicker to develop on band lands then it is to buy land free hold and deal with all of the ret tape and regulations that would come from City Hall.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Look at the intense USA investment in Canada. How is China different. China money developed the Vancouver Expo lands and did a nice job of it. If the locals don't do these things, then outsiders will take the opportunities. Having said that, I don't see the advantage of more people, pavement, cars, density, destroyed farm land and valley nature destruction.. Penticton is a nice size as is and we could spend money improving what is here. When do we say, enough. Quality, over quantity.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

how Chinese operatives work is key here..understand that and we can talk realistically
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

LightShine wrote:how Chinese operatives work is key here..understand that and we can talk realistically

If you have some credible information to share, please do so. I'd like to hear the basis for your fears in this matter.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Central Okanagan”