Channel Crossing Financiers

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Channel Crossing Financiers

Post by fluffy »

LightShine wrote:My opinion doesn't matter worth a hoot as I'm done with this thread now...

Cop-out. Is it that you're disappointed there aren't a bunch of people willing to jump on your paranoia band-wagon or are the questions just too tough for you?

Again, I'd be interested in what you see as the ultimate result of allowing foreign ownership in Penticton, and if it is your desire to disallow such investment how do you recommend we go about that and what will the effect of that strategy be on the local economy? My question concerning Canadian investment is China is a little off-topic I admit, it was more of an effort to offer some counterpoint to your views on foreign investment here, because at this point they aren't a whole lot different than us.

You give the appearance of one who has given this a great deal of thought, I'd like to see how deep that thought runs. If you're up to it.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Doug McAulay

Post by Doug McAulay »

I for one am glad to see development taking place, there are far to few jobs for the number of job seekers. Without some jobs being created that pay a decent living wage I will be just one more in the long line that have left Penticton in search of a job that pays a reasonable wage
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

Doug McAulay wrote:I for one am glad to see development taking place, there are far to few jobs for the number of job seekers. Without some jobs being created that pay a decent living wage I will be just one more in the long line that have left Penticton in search of a job that pays a reasonable wage

what are you losing for this job..
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

LightShine wrote:what are you losing for this job..

Please enlighten us with some specifics.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

LightShine wrote:what are you losing for this job..

What happened to "I'm done with this thread now?"
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

And what happened to "we can talk realistically" as well ?

Too bad, there would be real meat for discussion here if the OP could make the jump from generalized xenophobia to some local relevance.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

-fluffy- wrote:
LightShine wrote:My opinion doesn't matter worth a hoot as I'm done with this thread now...

Cop-out. Is it that you're disappointed there aren't a bunch of people willing to jump on your paranoia band-wagon or are the questions just too tough for you?

Again, I'd be interested in what you see as the ultimate result of allowing foreign ownership in Penticton, and if it is your desire to disallow such investment how do you recommend we go about that and what will the effect of that strategy be on the local economy? My question concerning Canadian investment is China is a little off-topic I admit, it was more of an effort to offer some counterpoint to your views on foreign investment here, because at this point they aren't a whole lot different than us.

You give the appearance of one who has given this a great deal of thought, I'd like to see how deep that thought runs. If you're up to it.

didn't you understand what I said the first time..I repeat just for you, "I'm done this thread now"..what part of that was controversial. You have enough to go by, all the links possible. Prove them wrong if an argument is what you want first before we go forward and stop whining and imagining things that aren't there. This isn't xenophobia but downright concern over the health of our national security. I give you facts while this is happening right under our noses and you want an argument about style?! I really don't have time for idiots, scuse me but I have other things to attend to.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

LightShine wrote:I repeat just for you, "I'm done this thread now"

That's what he said the first time and he came back. Will he come back again? Stay tuned...
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

LightShine wrote:This isn't xenophobia but downright concern over the health of our national security.

With all due respect, you haven't established any threat as fact yet. You've posted extensively on the Riady's business dealings, their corporate contacts and the scandal with the Clinton campaign. I haven't seen anything about the CSIS investigation past your mention of it, and most important you have yet to establish a relevant local threat but that hasn't kept you from making all sorts of vague allegations of conspiracy. I'm starting to think you're not much more than a cut-and-paste conspiracy theorist. Or a troll in disguise. You want to discuss then lets discuss. There's no shortage of direct questions in my posts which you have conveniently ignored. If you want to play "hit and run" and waste everybody's time then perhaps it's best if you don't return to this thread. If you are sincere in your desire for earnest discussion then you're going to have to do a lot better than you have so far. All I see so far is a rather juvenile effort to foster fear and discontent based on issues that are best filed under "long ago and far away". What I am seeing has all the appearance of feigned indignance to avoid pointed questions, and that doesn't lend a whole lot of credibility to your position.
Last edited by fluffy on Oct 8th, 2012, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

lightShine ... thought you could use alittle Sunday evening reading to help you relax. You might find the following link interesting.

http://beforeitsnews.com/china/2012/10/ ... 43674.html

:ohmygod:
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well you do have to realize that this is today economy. People with the money is going to be from China and India. Two of the major powers in the world.

China is waiting for this. What easier way to take over but not with war but with money that we sent to them. They are just using the same money to use on us.

in the mean time...who cares anymore. everything you buy is made in china...We send them the raw materials and they send it back to us for 1000% more.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
DblDwn11
Fledgling

Post by DblDwn11 »

I was about to type the reply to this forum when I looked carefully at my computer -- that's when I saw it.

Made in China

It's a conspiracy!

:skyisfalling:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

DblDwn11 wrote:I was about to type the reply to this forum when I looked carefully at my computer -- that's when I saw it.

Made in China

It's a conspiracy!

:skyisfalling:

Yup and it's been documenting your every move and transmitting that info back to Bejing ever since you brought it into your house.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
DblDwn11
Fledgling

Post by DblDwn11 »

twobits wrote:Yup and it's been documenting your every move and transmitting that info back to Bejing ever since you brought it into your house.

Great.

Now Bejing knows that I like Beastie Boy's music and I cheer for the New York Jets.

Damn you spies!
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

Seems Harper is getting back into showing concern over Chinese interests and our National Security in Canada laletly..
notwithstanding a Penticton Development, heh heh. Perhaps others should be too,nudge nudge wink wink

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/harper-say ... t-1.993209

PS to Harper w/China you cant have it both ways little buddy

Return to “Central Okanagan”