Buying or selling a haunted home!

Andy S
Board Meister

Re: Buying or selling a haunted home !!!!

Post by Andy S »

Did you wish you had not Purchased when you found out? I live next to a suite w/ a murder history too. It's also for sale. Should that be disclosed to all buyers?
I love a good ghost but have not felt one lately.
gsc wrote:
Sperica7 wrote:I want to spend a night in your house!!!!!

Well today we just found out an 18 year old boy was murdered in our house 5 months befor we bought it now if i could only find out things about this we where also told his family still lives in kelowna and we have his full name ... But cant seam to find any thing on the net about this murder !!!
One can always reason with reason.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Andy S wrote:Did you wish you had not Purchased when you found out? I live next to a suite w/ a murder history too. It's also for sale. Should that be disclosed to all buyers?
gsc wrote:

Well today we just found out an 18 year old boy was murdered in our house 5 months befor we bought it now if i could only find out things about this we where also told his family still lives in kelowna and we have his full name ... But cant seam to find any thing on the net about this murder !!!

If we hade known what we do know no we would not have bought this house !!! As for your question "Should that be disclosed to all buyers?" my answer is yes
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

gsc wrote:
Andy S wrote:Did you wish you had not Purchased when you found out? I live next to a suite w/ a murder history too. It's also for sale. Should that be disclosed to all buyers?
gsc wrote:

If we hade known what we do know no we would not have bought this house !!! As for your question "Should that be disclosed to all buyers?" my answer is yes

Who was murdered there?
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Beerhunter341 wrote:
gsc wrote:
gsc wrote:

Who was murdered there?

It was a boy between the age's of 17 and 19 and he had his throat cut in my basement :(
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

gsc wrote:
Beerhunter341 wrote:
gsc wrote:
gsc wrote:

Who was murdered there?

It was a boy between the age's of 17 and 19 and he had his throat cut in my basement :(

That is pretty vague. What was his name? Was his killer caught? Link to the press release? I mean, do you have any proof at all that this happened?
gsc
Board Meister

Re: Buying or selling a haunted home!

Post by gsc »

We are wateing for every thing to come back from the last Investigation thay are the one's who found all this out and it will all be in there report so I will be shure to post it all thats the best i can do for now :( ....
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

gsc wrote:ok well this is kind of a touchy subject for some people and some don’t believe at all witch is fine too....
so my question is would you buy a home if you knew it was haunted ? and there was proof to back it up like pics, videos, evp's and all this was from a reputable paranormal group ?

the reason I am asking is we are gonna be selling our home soon and well guess what ? we live with company and have the proof to back it up we have hade multiple groups in and got lots to back it all up but I cant sell my home to some one with out telling them and would feel very bad if I did .. we have lived hear for 11 years now with every thing in our home and have learnt to just live with it all but hade we have been told about all this we would not have bought this house .... and we are now going to be selling it as an " active paranormal home " and have done lots of research and " active paranormal homes " sell for surprisingly high prices and well above market value cause of it I don’t know why but they do.....

WHATS YOUR IMPUT .....

What's it cost for reputable paranormal proof these days?
And what's the value of a surprisingly high price compared to market value?
Tough market out there gotta have an angle!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've been in a haunted house where the spirit was mighty angry. Not fun. In Turkey, no proof, just lasting memories.

I fear a haunted house, would never buy one.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Queen K wrote:I've been in a haunted house where the spirit was mighty angry. Not fun. In Turkey, no proof, just lasting memories.

I fear a haunted house, would never buy one.

Yeah its not fun when you also have a 3 year old :( my son has woken up with marks on his back and arms befor and he wont sleep in his room now because he says theres a man in his room...
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Anyone has watched the movies "Paranormal Activity 1-2-3?"

It may refrain you from buying a haunted house.

Did you know that "Amityville" is actually a true story and a true house?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

maththetraveller wrote:Anyone has watched the movies "Paranormal Activity 1-2-3?"

It may refrain you from buying a haunted house.

Did you know that "Amityville" is actually a true story and a true house?

Yes and the house still stands today and is for sale!!! It sold for 1.2 million years ago
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

Have you looked into having the house blessed, or smudged or cleansed of this spirit. Then you might not need to even bring it up during the sale if it appears to work.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

How would you explain all those smudge spots? ;)
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

BriTer wrote:How would you explain all those smudge spots? ;)

wrong kind of smudging smoker-boy. LOL
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Snickerdoodle wrote:Have you looked into having the house blessed, or smudged or cleansed of this spirit. Then you might not need to even bring it up during the sale if it appears to work.

Yes we have hade the house smudged and cleansed and it did nothing :( but and when we talked about haveing the house blessed it got worse so we never did and wont

Return to “Central Okanagan”