West Kelowna overpass, retaining wall has collapsed.

AirHoss
Board Meister

Re: West Kelowna overpass, retaining wall has collapsed.

Post by AirHoss »

Ever been on the bridge leaving kelowna? 60k/hr
RCMP reports the avg speed across the bridge is 90k. So, 30 over the limit is the norm. Maybe it's not the drivers. Maybe it's the limit that's the problem.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I agree the bridge is where the 80km/h limit should start.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

bobblehead wrote:In order to tie Boucherie road into the underpass you would have to acquire more land from WFN for the roadway, given the amount of money and land they are receiving for the Westside road overpass I couldn't imagine how much more it would cost to tie those roads together. How would you get to Boucherie coming from Kelowna? Take westside road and turn off it and backtrack along Nancee Way? The only purpose for the underpass was to tie future commercial areas on the other side of the highway together to the new mall.
As for the congestion the other day, when I came across around 4pm there was a car stalled just before Boucherie in the left lane.

I'm sure it would be cheaper than building an over/under pass.

Yes, take the overpass and drive over to the underpass through or around the mall. I'm sure it would be relatively easy.

Return to “Central Okanagan”