Smith Creek mud bog

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by dirtybiker »

Loed wrote:People wonder why boggers have such a bad rep, well here's your shining example! This kid is exactly like the rest of them, the smart ones are VERY far and few between.

Just remember, if they are on YOUR private property, no matter the acreage, just set up cantrips on the access route. It's your right to protect your property. So hit em where it hurts! Those tires are cheap!

Pro-tip: stringing twine along your fencing line with mildly reflective marker tape is perfect legal and absolutely HELL to try and spot with a helmet on that has any little bit of UV protection on the visor. ;)

Wrong way to go about things..

Killing people for their indescretions is far from being the answer.

It may not be your intent but, the reality of it is that snaring offenders is illegal and when I come across such things I clearly flag them and report them.

Is it really worth killing or seriously injuring someone??????????
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

dirtybiker wrote:
Loed wrote:People wonder why boggers have such a bad rep, well here's your shining example! This kid is exactly like the rest of them, the smart ones are VERY far and few between.

Just remember, if they are on YOUR private property, no matter the acreage, just set up cantrips on the access route. It's your right to protect your property. So hit em where it hurts! Those tires are cheap!

Pro-tip: stringing twine along your fencing line with mildly reflective marker tape is perfect legal and absolutely HELL to try and spot with a helmet on that has any little bit of UV protection on the visor. ;)

Wrong way to go about things..

Killing people for their indescretions is far from being the answer.

It may not be your intent but, the reality of it is that snaring offenders is illegal and when I come across such things I clearly flag them and report them.

Is it really worth killing or seriously injuring someone??????????

Who said you'd kill someone?

Also, if people are going to repeatedly trespass after being asked not to, yes, it is worth defending your property.

Taking out a tire or two is a harmless warning. Property tags are also completely legal, it's not my fault if some idiot trespassing on clearly marked property gets injured.

The "PC" manner of doing things doesn't work anymore. Our justice system is mired in red tape already, why waste the time. Just deal with it yourself.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Tsk, Tsk...You've been watching too many Charles Bronson movies..

I've personally known 3 people all of which were snared and killed while dirtbiking.
I've heard of countless others.

Also, spike belting, even on private property is still considered entrapment unless
they are adequately posted, thus , making them redundant.

Why don't you just sit up on a hill with your rifle...same thing :eyeballspin:

ETA: I in no way condone tresspassing. BUT..Snares and traps are a worse evil..
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

dirtybiker wrote:Tsk, Tsk...You've been watching too many Charles Bronson movies..

I've personally known 3 people all of which were snared and killed while dirtbiking.
I've heard of countless others.

Also, spike belting, even on private property is still considered entrapment unless
they are adequately posted, thus , making them redundant.

Why don't you just sit up on a hill with your rifle...same thing :eyeballspin:

I already stated that it would be posted.

They can considered it entrapment all they want, if it's my property and you've been asked to stay off of it, and stop cutting my fences, I will go through efforts to make sure you don't have a pleasant stay while you trespass.

If the idiots didn't disobey rules and property markings, maybe they wouldn't be dead. Sometimes yes, there are people out there that string up lines just to hurt people. Heck I lost a friend in a snowmobiling accident that literally lost the top of his head because of running across a property line and catching the barbed wire strung between the posts.

That farmer was sure sad, but the fence was marked and the trespassing signs were visible, it was buddies own stupid fault for riding there.

It's in no way like sitting on the hill with a rifle, grow up.

I can't even remember how many cows and sheep we used to lose every year to idiots like these that think it's okay to cut a fencing line so they can rip through the property and "have fun" on our property. Not to mention the fun in having to re-fence it and watch as the cops can do nothing about it. They sure learned fast when we start flattening their tires and refusing to remove their vehicles after they are stuck trespassing.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I am done with you.

Too irrational...UHMmm The late 1800's ended a while ago....
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

dirtybiker wrote:I am done with you.

Too irrational...UHMmm The late 1800's ended a while ago....

Everyone has their own opinions. I think you are too forgiving.

You've also jumped to conclusions regarding my posts in the past, yet call me irrational? No, I am just me and I believe in the value of personal property and respect towards others. When someone repeatedly dis-obeys posted signs, personal warnings, etc... then what else can you do? Just let it keep happening because "lol it's not the 1800's anymore". Get off your high-horse, and realize that sometimes extremes need to be taken in order to actually get through to some people.

People like you are part of the issue too: "Ohh Boo-hoo someone might get hurt!" Maybe they should of thought about that BEFORE trespassing onto my property. Especially considering if they injure themselves on my property(and I don't have signs posted about trespassing/danger) I'm suddenly liable!

If people would stop being such entitled, selfish *bleep* we'd be a lot better off.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dirtybiker wrote:
Fancy wrote:That's evident by one person on this thread.

And some people wonder why I will not divulge the legal (for now) areas where
I love to ride.

It is rather annoying though that 20+ yrs ago I could ride right out of my garage.
Now I have to transport my bike of choice for A minimum of 30 minutes.

Times change, either change with it or
become extint

I don't get why you think people should change and forget about common courtesy and respect.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:
Fancy wrote:That's evident by one person on this thread.

And some people wonder why I will not divulge the legal (for now) areas where
I love to ride.

It is rather annoying though that 20+ yrs ago I could ride right out of my garage.
Now I have to transport my bike of choice for A minimum of 30 minutes.

Times change, either change with it or
become extint

I don't get why you think people should change and forget about common courtesy and respect.

Clarification: Times change: what was a 'riding' area at one time may no longer be..meaning,
having to travel further to go riding.

Not becoming extinct: Making the effort to convey ones motorcycle farther and farther away
so as to be able to continue to ride.

I do not know how you pulled a lack of courtesy or respect from any of "MY" posts.

I in no way condone trespassing..I also do not condone purposely trying to harm someone.

Apperantly you must agree with that practise as you've not made a post against it!!!!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I do not know how you pulled a lack of courtesy or respect from any of "MY" posts.
Sorry - you responded to mine that had to do with lack of respect. Thanks for clarifying.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:
Sorry - you responded to mine that had to do with lack of respect. Thanks for clarifying.

:smt023 ..It is easy for mis-communication to happen in this format..

No harm...No foul

Aha. I see.. I was agreeing with you :dyinglaughing:

I never divulge my favorite riding spots because of people like like the OP
dayton

Post by dayton »

i personally think most of you whinners are nothing but babies, those who hate mud boggers and off road style familys must have been raised with a stick up there *bleep* and never aloud to have fun. people use these machines to bring others together,brothers and friends and all ages of family members meet there to have a small fire, quad and enjoy what mother nature gave us or see who has spent the most time working on there trucks by pushing them threw the mud. I had a small bike as a child and loved it every time i went with my dad or mom or any one but the task of going about a half hour to an hour to drive to go do so was just to much work and to expensive for gas in the truck and quads and bikes, the fact of somthng like smith creek is so beutiful and so close to to town makes it that much easier for familys and friends to do such activitys.I do quad with my loved one now and then and we respect the grounds were on, mabey hit some mud and love the sight of puddles, we have done this for quite some time and want to continue this on with are kids in the future but now hearin that people who live by or on the land we love to use are setting up traps and making the trails dangerous is simply mind blowing stupidness. i belive that before someone should do something is put them selfs in there postion, the other guys postion and a witness's postion of what your doing......
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Soooooo .... have we got anything definite yet about whether this is public land or private land?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

dayton wrote:i personally think most of you whinners are nothing but babies, those who hate mud boggers and off road style familys must have been raised with a stick up there *bleep* and never aloud to have fun. people use these machines to bring others together,brothers and friends and all ages of family members meet there to have a small fire, quad and enjoy what mother nature gave us or see who has spent the most time working on there trucks by pushing them threw the mud. I had a small bike as a child and loved it every time i went with my dad or mom or any one but the task of going about a half hour to an hour to drive to go do so was just to much work and to expensive for gas in the truck and quads and bikes, the fact of somthng like smith creek is so beutiful and so close to to town makes it that much easier for familys and friends to do such activitys.I do quad with my loved one now and then and we respect the grounds were on, mabey hit some mud and love the sight of puddles, we have done this for quite some time and want to continue this on with are kids in the future but now hearin that people who live by or on the land we love to use are setting up traps and making the trails dangerous is simply mind blowing stupidness. i belive that before someone should do something is put them selfs in there postion, the other guys postion and a witness's postion of what your doing......

You talk about the land being "so beautiful" and that you "love" it so much but for some reason you feel you have a right to tear it up or damage it strictly for your own personal and selfish pleasure. What about the rest of the people out there who love the beauty of the land exactly the way mother nature made it?
Motorsports are indeed great fun and often wonderful family bonding experiences but they should be done at privately owned specifically designed venues. Drag racing is, as it should be, illegal on the public streets as are other forms of "street racing" yet motorsports exactly like these attract multi-millions of participants and fans to private venues around the world every year. Motocross is another great family motorsport but it too is done at designated tracks not in public parks. If you and your friends or family want to mud bog or rip around on your quads then go ahead and do so but do it on property you own or other private property which you have permission to use. Do what ever you want on your own land but you have no right to damage or destroy what mother nature gave all of us on crown land and you most definitely have absolutely no right what so ever to even enter someone else's private property without permission let alone damage it in any way.
Take your own advise and put yourself in the other guys position, like that of the private property owner who worked so hard to pay for his piece of land or the family out to enjoy a day hike in the beauty and serenity of our crown woodlands. Then ask yourself if what you are doing isn't just plain selfishness and wanton destruction of what so many others will now never have the opportunity to enjoy?
guxcon

Post by guxcon »

grammafreddy wrote:Soooooo .... have we got anything definite yet about whether this is public land or private land?

All the lands adjacent to Smith Creek Road (above and below) are held privately. The portion of Smith Creek Road from Copperridge up to just above Doucette is actually not a Registered Road it is only a Gazetted Rd meaning that it is owned by the landowner, was never registered as a public road, and because it has been used by the public for a specified period of time it cannot be blocked off. It can be maintained by the District but not upgraded. The large portion above Doucette would have been developed by now except for the Gazetted road issue. Without proper access (upgrade of Smith Creek Road) the development cannot be approved.
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

Thanks Guxcon - great explanation of who owns what and why no development. Bylaw told me that they certainly know who all the owners are and are in touch with them because of complaints. I had a real estate friend who told me 20 yrs ago that the land above Black Canyon Park (between the housing and the church camp) was owned by an absentee owner with plans to develop. Now I know why nothing has been developed further along Smith Creek Rd.

Return to “Central Okanagan”