Smith Creek mud bog

Poindexter
Guru

Re: Smith Creek mud bog

Post by Poindexter »

Took the dog up there today and discovered a set of truck tracks right through the forest. A couple trees chainsawed downed. Persistant if anything. The recent wind storm will make it alot more challenging to try again by falling entire tracks of trees though.

What's the story on the massive torn down treehouse?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
OKPeach

Post by OKPeach »

So where was the treehouse located?
dayton

Post by dayton »

Westbank kids built it a year or so back I believe as a project, I drove past it and seen them working. Nice kids but don't know why it was destroyed
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Entitlement! Entitlement! Entitlement!

Sod everyone else...I WANT TO DO IT SO I WILL!!!!!!

Because it's there and because you have the equipment to do it....You do. If steps are taken to stop you like putting up some kind of barrier...you will just chain saw it down!
Yes! Because you have the equipment and can do it.

The fact that it is private land does not bother you. Why should someone else be entitled to keep you out of their property????

If a fence is put up that prevents YOU from doing what you want to do... you just break it down. After all....YOU are the most important being that matters to you.

SAD, So SAD.

If you have kids, I'll bet that you are raising the same kind of self centred beings. I wonder what impact they will have on the environment with such an excellent teacher?? But then again, who cares?? so long as you have fun???
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Note.....I used the word "Being" not human being. Just in case you didn't see it!!!!
dayton

Post by dayton »

mystica wrote:Entitlement! Entitlement! Entitlement!

Sod everyone else...I WANT TO DO IT SO I WILL!!!!!!

Because it's there and because you have the equipment to do it....You do. If steps are taken to stop you like putting up some kind of barrier...you will just chain saw it down!
Yes! Because you have the equipment and can do it.

The fact that it is private land does not bother you. Why should someone else be entitled to keep you out of their property????

If a fence is put up that prevents YOU from doing what you want to do... you just break it down. After all....YOU are the most important being that matters to you.

SAD, So SAD.

If you have kids, I'll bet that you are raising the same kind of self centred beings. I wonder what impact they will have on the environment with such an excellent teacher?? But then again, who cares?? so long as you have fun???

It's people like you who make a big stink about this kinda stuff and your dam right there going to push you and push you to see what you do. The trails have been there for a long time and now when people like mystica come to chop and drag tree's and dig big holes to stop them only means there going to make more damage making new trails because some idiot made the idea of blocking what was already there.How about putting more time into bring an old garbage can or two for them to put trash into insted of just looking at it and complaining or mabey use that backhoe you had to use to dig those holes and make the land better looking insted of ripping it up and leave big trees everywhere and death traps hidden in the bush. lots of people use this land for lots of things.get used to it or your just gunna die an old angry person that will hopefully be bairied under a future off road and walking trail
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

I am not old. Not a Fuddy Duddy and do not have a digger! I have never set any trap to cause anyone injury either!

My comments were related to the entitlement that people today seem to feel regarding other peoples property.

How would you feel IF someone decided to drive in circles around your front lawn and over your flowerbeds (if you have such a thing)
Would you feel ticked off? Would you try to stop it happening again? How would you do that?
Erect a fence? Put large stones around the front of your property?..........I wonder.
One thing I am sure of is that you would not just say "Oh, they were just having fun" and do nothing!!

I loved the comment "How about putting more time into bring an old garbage can or two for them to put trash into insted of just looking at it and complaining " Surely these responsible "boggers" can either bring a garbage bin themselves or carry out their own garbage!
dayton

Post by dayton »

If I had that big of a yard no problem, you see the riders looking for trail riding not doing laps of house.I would be mad if someone did that to my yard but if I had a yard so big that it's hard to find them doing it, bite the bullet and cope with it
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

dayton wrote:If I had that big of a yard no problem, you see the riders looking for trail riding not doing laps of house.I would be mad if someone did that to my yard but if I had a yard so big that it's hard to find them doing it, bite the bullet and cope with it

So now you are advocating for different standards of the trespassing laws depending on the wealth of the property owner? How about different standards for the laws governing destruction of private property too?
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

cv23 wrote:
dayton wrote:If I had that big of a yard no problem, you see the riders looking for trail riding not doing laps of house.I would be mad if someone did that to my yard but if I had a yard so big that it's hard to find them doing it, bite the bullet and cope with it

So now you are advocating for different standards of the trespassing laws depending on the wealth of the property owner? How about different standards for the laws governing destruction of private property too?

Yup!!!! You would be mad if someone damaged YOUR property. Why does size come into it? If a person owns the land, it is their right to have it remain natural, unvandalized and clean.
Why should they have to pay for fencing to keep people from damaging their property?
When fences were put up, they were immediately broken down and barriers cut up!

CV23 is so right!
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Whatever, you people can say what ever you want, I'm am still going to use this land for my outdoor activities. Its too nice for just one family to be able to use it.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

bigtdawg wrote:Whatever, you people can say what ever you want, I'm am still going to use this land for my outdoor activities. Its too nice for just one family to be able to use it.

So once you and a few thousand others have "used" this family's private property to a the point where it is no longer "too nice" for just them to own will you just move on to another piece of private properties which you consider "too nice" for someone else to own until you have "used" up all the "too nice" properties?
What about the people who think your home (unlikely as it is that you actually own one) is "too nice for just your family to be able to use"? Will you welcome these people onto your yard for their "outdoor activities"?
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

My yard wouldn't be any fun for anybody....
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

bigtdawg wrote:My yard wouldn't be any fun for anybody....

I'm sure if you had a group over to dirtbike/ATV in your yard for a weekend of "fun" you'd have a muddy mess which the boggers could then also have "fun" in.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

bigtdawg wrote:Whatever, you people can say what ever you want, I'm am still going to use this land for my outdoor activities. Its too nice for just one family to be able to use it.

It's pretty obvious that "bigtdawg" is nothing more than an obnoxious troll trying (quite successfully I might add) to get everyone all worked up just for his own amusement.

Seriously people, NOBODY could possibly be as ignorant and possess such a huge sense of self-righteous entitlement as this poor pathetic individual would otherwise have you believe.

Or at least, for the sake of humanity, I certainly hope it isn't possible. :eyeballspin:

Return to “Central Okanagan”