Drunk sends young girl to hospital

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Drunk sends young girl to hospital

Post by Fancy »

ukcanuck wrote:What, she admitted it to you or you hear she admitted that and you know that three glasses of wine puts her over .05 .08?
As
For four years...
justice takes as long as it takes...it's not there to suit your sensibilities.
Read up on the case before talking silly.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fancy wrote:She admitted having 3 glasses of wine and was speeding. This case has dragged on for 4 years.

What, she admitted it to you or you hear she admitted that and you know that three glasses of wine puts her over .05 .08?

As
For four years...

1) While she blew below the legal limit over three hours after the time of the collision, those numbers were extrapolated by experts to have been in excess of 80mg at the time of driving.
2) When the trial was over they released the undercover video of Berner admitting to a UC police officer that she'd had three good size glasses of wine before she drove that day

The appeal will not determine whether or not she did it. Only whether or not the police crossed all their t's and dotted all their i's in the collection of the evidence against her and whether or not that evidence should have been considered by the judge. She was drunk, she drove, and she killed Alexa.

"Justice" is becoming more and more of a rarity in our courts.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Removed by Trip/See your pm.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

KL3-Something wrote:
1) While she blew below the legal limit over three hours after the time of the collision, those numbers were extrapolated by experts to have been in excess of 80mg at the time of driving.
2) When the trial was over they released the undercover video of Berner admitting to a UC police officer that she'd had three good size glasses of wine before she drove that day

The appeal will not determine whether or not she did it. Only whether or not the police crossed all their t's and dotted all their i's in the collection of the evidence against her and whether or not that evidence should have been considered by the judge. She was drunk, she drove, and she killed Alexa.

"Justice" is becoming more and more of a rarity in our courts.
[/quote]

Until the appeal is concluded nothing is concluded including anything from the prior trial,
Don't get me wrong I'm not defending this woman's actions but I am defending her right to due process and you are a peace officer shouldn't you be defending her right to the law as it is written whether you personally agree or not?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

He's not disagreeing with it - just pointing out some facts.

The Crown asked the judge to sentence Berner to three to five years in jail.

The defence is asking for a suspended sentence that could be served in the community.

Berner was convicted of impaired driving causing death and bodily harm, as well as dangerous driving causing death and bodily harm, after a four-week trial earlier this year

Read more: http://www.delta-optimist.com/news/ther ... z2CPupUZwH
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Fancy wrote:He's not disagreeing with it - just pointing out some facts.

The Crown asked the judge to sentence Berner to three to five years in jail.

The defence is asking for a suspended sentence that could be served in the community.

Berner was convicted of impaired driving causing death and bodily harm, as well as dangerous driving causing death and bodily harm, after a four-week trial earlier this year

Read more: http://www.delta-optimist.com/news/ther ... z2CPupUZwH

Like I said its not over till its over.

And even if her appeal is denied she is still a human being and entitled to mercy and understanding and redemption she is no more a waste of skin than anyone else.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ukcanuck wrote:Like I said its not over till its over.

And even if her appeal is denied she is still a human being and entitled to mercy and understanding and redemption she is no more a waste of skin than anyone else.

Of course it's not over until it's over. I'm not interested in her redemption until she's paid her dues. What I don't like is the possibility that she'll be able to drive again before the case is complete.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Fancy wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Like I said its not over till its over.

Of course it's not over until it's over. I'm not interested in her redemption until she's paid her dues. What I don't like is the possibility that she'll be able to drive again before the case is complete.

Paying her dues is part of her redemption...
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

ukcanuck wrote:

Like I said its not over till its over.

Entitled to mercy and understanding? Where is Alexa's mercy? She killed a little girl because she chose to drive while impaired. If this was your little girl that was run over, I think you would sing a different tune. Having the thought process that you do is he reason people like Ms. Brener get off with a slap on the wrist and a present. I hope that karma rears it's ugly head when it comes upon her to dish out its own justice!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

She is fighting her "redemption". We will see if that ever comes to fruition.

Don't forget Johanson too was severely injured in this accident.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Someone who kills a child because they were only thinking of themselves will never be redeemed. Never.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

ukcanuck wrote:Roadster you want me to be nice???
Tell me verminator? How are you going to confiscate any part of zero when you've just removed the offenders ability to get to work?

i guess you forgot there are busses, cabs, mommies to drive these people and oh ya,,, feet! Ha

So who removed someone's ability to work? The drunk himself, we would only be guarenteeing he wouldnt get behind a wheel and if he so chooses to break the law even further by driving someone elses car then so be it, he wanted to work in the jail house laundry mat maybe,,,, never no work because of no car. Many like MAPierce said himself,,, choose the bus over a car anyway to get to his work. If a drunk drank and drove and he lived in the country,,, well lets just call the drunk really stupid.
Again, its a priviliage to drive on our roads. Use it as a priviliage, and a disease? Sure I buy that but if yer blind (another common disease) you cant drive. Or you have certain diseases like Parkensons where your doctor deemed you not safe,,, use the disease card all you like, when a guy for example beats up hos girlfriend and tries to say the booze made him do it, should he get off and just get to sit there and watch her lick her wounds? Nope. He can be thrown in jail for assault and if he kills her, then at least second degree murder so lets go with second degree, then, and attempted for pointing the car and harming anyone.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Libelle wrote:Someone who kills a child because they were only thinking of themselves will never be redeemed. Never.

Everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done is entitled to forgiveness and as a part of that forgivenss, redemption. If it were my own son who was killed I would feel the same way. If it were you behind the wheel I would feel the same way.
If there is no forgiveness there is no point.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fancy wrote:She admitted having 3 glasses of wine and was speeding. This case has dragged on for 4 years.

What, she admitted it to you or you hear she admitted that and you know that three glasses of wine puts her over .05 .08?

As
For four years...

Three glasses can put a person over, plus each person handles three quite differently depending on weight, mood, when they last ate, what made em leave the party,,, and so on, this booze thing is not dialed in so that three would never put anyone over right? Hmmmm, you said yourself that your X wouldnt get behind the wheel after one,,, she was all giddy I think you said,,, who wants a giddy one mugger on the road?
Seriously, if one will make ya kooky then dont drive, after one you should consider not driving anyway, your mood can play a large factor in how booze works on you, each different day, this is not dialed in like, I had one and one never gets me, who poured it, a bartender, your friend? My friend used to slip in doubles on us and laugh at how drunk we all got. Yes we had good times but none of us were going out. We were there, with booze on hand and were ready to party. My whisky bottles would go down faster then when I poured em. People laughed and called me cheap for pouring singles at our parties but I was the kind who still liked to know how much was in me. I even remember running out when I had parties in Prince George and back then there was a company called Dial a Booze. They were legal, they uld bring your booze and even stop at a gas station for your pop and sandwiches if you paid an extra 4 buck on top of the regular delivery charge for that stop. They knew me by name. Ya I partied hard and often back then and not one of my friends ever got even a DUI out of that, let alone hurt someone. Ya didnt leave my place! That was a given unless you had someone picking you up, there I had lots of sleeping room too.
Mind you when my family is here in summer, we dont measure, my dad likes to try to drink me under the table and he still can, cos I think he pours more in mine then his,,, :dyinglaughing:
Its all in fun as long as you know yer group and no one has to go home after. My house has several extra places to sleep and even bath tubs and hallways if needed. No one ever leaves here once they crack one open or pour a drink.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

ukcanuck wrote:
Libelle wrote:Someone who kills a child because they were only thinking of themselves will never be redeemed. Never.

Everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done is entitled to forgiveness and as a part of that forgivenss, redemption. If it were my own son who was killed I would feel the same way. If it were you behind the wheel I would feel the same way.
If there is no forgiveness there is no point.

I would forgive you if you stuck a leg out and tripped me for a joke and it went bad, I would forgive you if we were wrestling and I fell down a stairs,,, I would not forgive you for pointing a vehicle at me and ruining my life for your entertainment,,, no way! Uhhhhh uh.
Thats done, we need to move with the education available and say no more! You are trying to kill someone and you know it when you go out to drink without planning a safe ride home... Thats it, thats all.

And you mentioned what if it was me or a loved one earlier... Ha not on my watch! I will never and have never drank and drove, sept once when I was younger for a few blocks at 2am,,, was the scariest ride I ever had. i kept thinking some kid is gonna run out in front of me,,, at 2am,,, I thought about it the next morning and told myself never again, its what others do, not me. And I am sorry but if my brother did it and killed someone I would not expect that family to forgive him, he would pay his price. I wouldnt even bail him out! He does know better and for that reason alone he would not get my support for such a thing.
I do have a cousin who when he gets his car might, I have already signed up for that understanding,,, hope he hurts himself and not someone else. Cold? Ya and so would he be if he does such a thing. He too knows better, his parents have said all they can and he will do as he likes.

Return to “Central Okanagan”