Drunk sends young girl to hospital

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Drunk sends young girl to hospital

Post by the truth »

ukcanuck wrote:
Libelle wrote:Someone who kills a child because they were only thinking of themselves will never be redeemed. Never.

Everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done is entitled to forgiveness and as a part of that forgivenss, redemption. If it were my own son who was killed I would feel the same way. If it were you behind the wheel I would feel the same way.
If there is no forgiveness there is no point.

wow do you rally beleive what you are saying :ohmygod: :ohmygod: if that was my child she killed there would be NO forgiveness
what she did was not a mistake,she killed someone because she choose to be a sumbag had some drinks and killed a poor little girl
she should rot in jail for life AGAIN WHAT SHE DID WAS NOT A MISTAKE OR ACCIDENT
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ukcanuck wrote:Everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done is entitled to forgiveness

Not necessarily - not if they haven't paid their debt to society.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

the truth wrote:
wow do you rally beleive what you are saying :ohmygod: :ohmygod: if that was my child she killed there would be NO forgiveness
what she did was not a mistake,she killed someone because she choose to be a sumbag had some drinks and killed a poor little girl
she should rot in jail for life AGAIN WHAT SHE DID WAS NOT A MISTAKE OR ACCIDENT

Wow what a horrible sentiment, I think those are some of the ugliest words I've read in a while...
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Fancy wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Everyone, no matter who they are or what they have done is entitled to forgiveness

And not if it was an avoidable thing like drinking and driving is. Its avoidable, easily avoidable as not picking up a kitchen knife and stabbing the next person to knock on your door is. We know better then to kill people.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

ukcanuck wrote:
the truth wrote:

Wow what a horrible sentiment, I think those are some of the ugliest words I've read in a while...

I thought that the truth was bang on! So what do you suggest her punishment be? Do you think she should be allowed to drive again?
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ukcanuck wrote:
the truth wrote:

really tell that to the poor little dead girl
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Exactly the truth!!
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

:dyinglaughing:
Fancy wrote:

You are right of course but I think that paying ones debt is part of forgiveness, like anything worthwhile you have to earn it

Roadster, every crime is technically avoidable .... Does no criminal deserve a way back to respectability?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

ukcanuck wrote:
the truth wrote:

Actually what you are saying is horrible, yer saying its ok and should be forgiven, ferget it. The education is there, more now then when I realised I knew better then to do it. Back in my young days we seen a cop rarely, they were not my fear, the thought of hurting someone was, if people are not respectful of the road they should fear themselves, sell the car and learn to walk. Its a heavy machine, it moves and it needs responsible people to handle it.
Like someone said above, these are not accidents, IMO they are an assault with intent to hurt "someone" cos you know it can and will eventually happen that way. You take a written and road test, why,,,, so you learn this stuff, if you didnt learn then you need to pass the licence back. Quit telling us we need to forgive,,, we dont.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Forgiveness doesn't start until one is willing to accept the consequences - too few appear to do that. Education isn't working very well and punishment needs to be administered.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

ukcanuck wrote::dyinglaughing:
You are right of course but I think that paying ones debt is part of forgiveness, like anything worthwhile you have to earn it

Roadster, every crime is technically avoidable .... Does no criminal deserve a way back to respectability?

Honestly IMO,,, maybe someone who stole a purse off an old lady but she didnt get hurt,,, took money from his momma, thats up to her tho,,, someone who robbed a bank even if no one got killed or hurt but when we are talking crime that was planned and hurt someone Nope,,, you pay and you should pay till them you hurt are done hurting and if you kill someone you should pay till their family is done hurting so if They forgive you, then your bonus.
Drinking and driving is planned,,, just like leaving the car home is planned. You take the car because you dont want to pay for a cab?,,, You take it because you hate to impose on your friends?,,,, you take it becasue you think it wont happen to you?,,, what ever the reason its avoidable and planning the safe route will get you there without hurting someone. Avoidable,,, see? Why forgive someone who plans to take his own car home after drinking?
Again I would not forgive someone who ruined my life, be it with a car, a knife, a gun,,,, sorry, you pay till I am done hurting. Any weapon in your hands that hurts me is gonna cost you, after the courts are done with you then I come after you,,, I would sue you so bad yer great grandchildren will feel its effects.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Roadster wrote:Actually what you are saying is horrible, yer saying its ok and should be forgiven, ferget it. The education is there, more now then when I realised I knew better then to do it. Back in my young days we seen a cop rarely, they were not my fear, the thought of hurting someone was, if people are not respectful of the road they should fear themselves, sell the car and learn to walk. Its a heavy machine, it moves and it needs responsible people to handle it.
Like someone said above, these are not accidents, IMO they are an assault with intent to hurt "someone" cos you know it can and will eventually happen that way. You take a written and road test, why,,,, so you learn this stuff, if you didnt learn then you need to pass the licence back. Quit telling us we need to forgive,,, we dont.

Sigh, I'm not saying any of that at all. I'm saying that if a person gets behind the wheel of a car drunk the laws we have should apply without prejudice. If a person kills another person with a car it's the same as killing with a gun. Penalties should apply as they are intended under the law. I'm also saying that every person is entitled to the law whether they are drunk, sober or somewhere in between. I am saying that IF there are any new laws to prevent more deaths on the road they should be reasonable and include compassion and allow for a person to pay their debt and make repairs where possible.
I think anyone who drinks is a potential drunk driver and I believe that a lot of sober drivers are worse dangers on the road than some drunks. so you see I think it might be you in the docket one day and I would have compassion even for you too.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

ukcanuck wrote:
the truth wrote:

Your viewpoint is admirable, but my God, have you ever witnessed first-hand the damage drunk drivers inflict on innocent people? Working in an ER for years, I have, and more times than I care to remember. Not once do I recall a drunk driver ever expressing remorse for what they did, even when the consequences were literally staring them in the face. To a person they were selfish, rude, uncaring and unrepentent. They gave no thought or compassion to their victims, so they get only contempt from me.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Verminator wrote:
Your viewpoint is admirable, but my God, have you ever witnessed first-hand the damage drunk drivers inflict on innocent people? Working in an ER for years, I have, and more times than I care to remember. Not once do I recall a drunk driver ever expressing remorse for what they did, even when the consequences were literally staring them in the face. To a person they were selfish, rude, uncaring and unrepentent. They gave no thought or compassion to their victims, so they get only contempt from me.

I don't work in a ER so can't speak to that, but I can tell you that I have worked with some of the hardest criminal youth anywhere. kids who are not kids and haven't been kids since they were in diapers... If anyone ever bothered to put diapers on them. Nearly everyone of them has a electronic tag and in the courts for everything from assault and unlawful confinement to theft and drug crimes, none of them have drinking driving problems because none have access to vehicles but if they did they would probably just as soon run you down sober than bother to get loaded first.

Nearly all of them are victims of our society and the adults in their lives. Exactly all of them were sweet little babies in a maternity ward once and all of them are worth the effort to turn around and given another chance too because its only fate that separates us and anyone who thinks they are better is fooling themselves.

Don't want to forgive a drunk driver, think they should rot in jail, be careful it could easily be you and you are fool to think otherwise.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You are assuming everyone drinks and drives and that is not true.

Return to “Central Okanagan”