Have Kelowna home values dropped 41%?

dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Re: Have Kelowna home values dropped 41%?

Post by dirtrider »

Static wrote:
It is common sense.

Prices are falling Dirt. With history on my side, you missed your once in a life time oppurtunity to sell at the gains you are talking about.

What do mansions in Surrey, who have 1 in at least 100,000 potential buyers, have to do with KLO prices. Oh wait, they are all going to move the KLO. I forgot. :coffeecanuck:

Brokers are paid to dispose of the garbage that is underwritten by Bay Street.

You've missed the point Static...you've said real esate is a horrible investment. I told you it depends on the starting price point for the real estate investments. The reason I mentioned the Mega mansion with the 17 bedrooms is that, even in places like Surrey, it's possible with rental investment with 17 bedrooms to make a profit....you can figure out the math Static, since you're so good :hailjo:

*watch the nest quotes please. next time will delete all of it. thanks!*/ferri

"nest quote"??
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The enterance point is crucial in real estate. So is the exit though. As far as rentals go today, one cannot make money buying in today's market.
Big Bacardi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Big Bacardi »

static....u are lowering the intelligent quotient here.....on one hand you state releventcy......which is totally relevant.....maybe today is not the best time to invest in real estate......maybe 5 yrs from now will be better....

but my biggest gripe is.....really 30%....really???? you are so full of crap it is believable....

ahem.....if you are such a genius as yiu would have us believ.....and averageing 30 %......or what ever the number of bllsht is....you expect any poster to believ this as fact??????

we all know what we would be doing if we avg 30 % over last five yrs of this economy.......not bragging about 30 % is the first thing.......keeping quiet about it is secvond......dont want anybody to know my secret so i can make more......and lastly.....drunk...beach....mexico.....

i dont buy yer crap for one second.....

Its all relevant Dirt, except home prices won't duplicate the level of CPI going forward,because it is impossible. So, one is still much futher ahead by renting.

November 29 marked the end of my 8th year of tracking my portfolio (one that people pay me for) and the current portfolio is up 114.97% (14.9% annually) compared to 38.84% for the TSX. All other indexes don't even come close to my performance (including oh Great China and the Dow Jones). What is interesting is that nearly half of the returns have been in the form of dividends, unlike RE which is a mere paper return. When one includes the dividend tax credit, one can add an additional 1% annually return. Oh wait, if one also includes the dividend reinvestment plan, one can include an additional 2-3% annually depending on the company.

Of my 21 past trades, only 2 were losses. The average return was 36.79% over an average holding period of 1.86 years, represting an annualized 19.73% return. :discodance:

It is not hard to realize gains such as these. It is common sense, something that the RE lovers lack on these threads. :sillygrin:[/quote]
You may think I'm dumb...But I ain't so smart.....but i am smart enuf to know how to spell corrictley!!!....I sure wish others culd spel. The graamar by other postars truly sux!
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Put the Bacardi down, and read my post again. :skippingsheep: Learn to quote while your at it. :sillygrin:
Cooljoe

Post by Cooljoe »

Gonna have to go with Bacardi on this one. Not buying the returns you are braggin about. And quite frankly I find you are belittling everyone on this thread by claiming it is "common sense" to be able to make an average return of 36.79% and that we should all be able to do it.
If you did, good for you, but seriously I doubt it. As Bacardi said, first rule in investing, never tell what you did. Any who made returns like that in this market would be keeping their mouths shut tight. Plus, if it is true, you are better than most of the big money kids out there and should be teaching them instead of on forums like this.
I am sure that there are stocks out there that have made this and more, but to have a whole portfolio of them is unheard of. You either have the biggest horse shoe up there, or you just plain ain't telling it like it is.

Didn't direct quote ya cuz heaven forbid I would do it wrong :sillygrin:

:sleepdeprived:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Static wrote:Put the Bacardi down, and read my post again. :skippingsheep: Learn to quote while your at it. :sillygrin:

For someone taking potshots at everyone lately, please learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

And for freaks sake Static, I actually support your mantra that right now, people should rent.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Cooljoe wrote:Gonna have to go with Bacardi on this one. Not buying the returns you are braggin about. And quite frankly I find you are belittling everyone on this thread by claiming it is "common sense" to be able to make an average return of 36.79% and that we should all be able to do it.
If you did, good for you, but seriously I doubt it. As Bacardi said, first rule in investing, never tell what you did. Any who made returns like that in this market would be keeping their mouths shut tight. Plus, if it is true, you are better than most of the big money kids out there and should be teaching them instead of on forums like this.
I am sure that there are stocks out there that have made this and more, but to have a whole portfolio of them is unheard of. You either have the biggest horse shoe up there, or you just plain ain't telling it like it is.

You are 100% correct, I do outperform 95% of big money manangers. Maybe one day I will solicit my company on these threads. It's not a horse shoe my friend, perhaps it is the trade I was born to do, and trust me, it is the only one I am good at. P.S. YOU'RE (for Queen) quoting all wrong, learn how to do it right. :sadist:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Static wrote:
Cooljoe wrote:Gonna have to go with Bacardi on this one. Not buying the returns you are braggin about. And quite frankly I find you are belittling everyone on this thread by claiming it is "common sense" to be able to make an average return of 36.79% and that we should all be able to do it.

You are 100% correct, I do outperform 95% of big money manangers. Maybe one day I will solicit my company on these threads. It's not a horse shoe my friend, perhaps it is the trade I was born to do, and trust me, it is the only one I am good at. P.S. YOU'RE (for Queen) quoting all wrong, learn how to do it right. :sadist:

hmmm, so your secret company is where? I don't know anyone else making kind of return.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

normaM wrote:
Static wrote:You are 100% correct, I do outperform 95% of big money manangers. Maybe one day I will solicit my company on these threads. It's not a horse shoe my friend, perhaps it is the trade I was born to do, and trust me, it is the only one I am good at. P.S. YOU'RE (for Queen) quoting all wrong, learn how to do it right. :sadist:

hmmm, so your secret company is where? I don't know anyone else making kind of return.

Sure there is.........Bernie Madoff had GREAT returns!!! :dyinglaughing:

Why not post what you did in one of the past years? Help us peons understand how you are doing what almost nobody else is doing.
Actually, if you are doing this on an ongoing basis with significant trading volumes that is very impressive. However, numbers are only meaningful if looked at in totality. Your claims may be accurate as to your presentation but also may not tell the entire story. Variance is critical and a "current" portfolio may simply be one that had taken a huge dump previously. Maybe you have learned to present your numbers the same way that the "big money managers" present theirs.
Anyways, good for you if all is going well. I have acquired more wealth in real estate than I have in the stock market. Whatever works for a person is fine and you apparently have something that works well for you.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:Why not post what you did in one of the past years? Help us peons understand how you are doing what almost nobody else is doing.

Such as?

Actually, if you are doing this on an ongoing basis with significant trading volumes that is very impressive.

There are no significant trading volumes. I practice a buy and hold strategy.

However, numbers are only meaningful if looked at in totality. Your claims may be accurate as to your presentation but also may not tell the entire story.

Its accurate.

Whatever works for a person is fine and you apparently have something that works well for you

I have, and thank you.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

normaM wrote:hmmm, so your secret company is where? I don't know anyone else making kind of return.

I run it out of my home. I am fine that people don't beleive me, my clients do and that is all that matters. I do not solicite on sites such as these for obvoius reasons.
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

I removed a personal attack. I guess questioning someones validity is wrong.

Oh well. I'll respect the moderators wishes.
Last edited by zyzzx on Mar 3rd, 2012, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Static wrote:
normaM wrote:hmmm, so your secret company is where? I don't know anyone else making kind of return.

I run it out of my home. I am fine that people don't beleive me, my clients do and that is all that matters. I do not solicite on sites such as these for obvoius reasons.

well I am sure not getting those kind of returns and would like to. Maybe it has to do with the risk one is willing to take?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

*try again without the nested quotations/Jo*
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

*try again without the nested quotations/Jo*

Return to “Central Okanagan”