Affordable Eats in Penticton

Tony
Übergod

Re: Affordable Eats in Penticton

Post by Tony »

Forgot to mention the Kaleden Restaurant. Great food, good portions, great prices.
sale4u
Fledgling

Post by sale4u »

The Sage and Vine is very good, affordable and neat ambiance.
Tootsie
Board Meister

New Thai place on Lakeshore Drive

Post by Tootsie »

Tried the new Thai place located on the same property as Tiki Shores Motel this past weekend numerous times. It's called Cambo Beach Restaurant. It is REALLY REALLY good and it's now at the top of our favorites list for Penticton. The food is so yummy and very affordable. Everyone in our group couldn't say enough good things about this little gem of a restaurant. Their Pad Thai is probably the best I've tasted in the valley and big enough for two people to share. Other items on the menu include: yellow, red and green curry dishes, homemade spring rolls, crab cakes, pan-seared scallops or prawns, sesame chicken (wow!), dynamite rolls, pot stickers, etc.

Try this place - you won't be disappointed !
BC Dave

Post by BC Dave »

Another big thumbs up for the Cambo Beach. Went there for lunch today. Had a fantastic chicken/rice/veg lunch combo for $10. It was really fresh and tasty and FILLING. Excellent service too. Also went to the Canexican Connection on Lakeshore Drive for dinner the other night. I thought the chicken nachos were among the best I've ever had. Also excellent beef tacos with steak in them, not hamburger. Lime margaritas with Cuervo Gold were not too shabby either. Music was a touch loud but they turned it down and it was a nice place to be.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

There's a little lunch kitchen in the seafood place at the Apple Center. Great fish & chips and one of the few sources left for the red clam chowder.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Central Okanagan”