Aircraft crash

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Aircraft crash

Post by Dizzy1 »

I'm not sure if any of the land at the current airport is ALR or not, even if it were, the land was given to the airport 70 some years ago and I doubt it would go back for agricultural use, and it would be even more difficult to actually gain any kind of support to take away some prime farming land like the Swan Lake area and have it developed. As for using the land to develop a nice waterfront area, I'd love to see that but the western end of the airport is on Native Land and well, its been a struggle with them just to get barricades up on Kin Beach so as much I'd like to see that, I doubt it would happen. As for the North End of Swan Lake, its actually quite hilly if you actually fly over it at low altitudes. Again the money issue, the costs would be enourmous, and being so close to YLW, the real potential for any commercial development at the airport that would justify such a costly move just isn't there.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”