New movie theatre

sportster72

Re: New movie theatre

Post by sportster72 »

Shame that it's the Iron City Mall when the Ironman is gone.
civilengineer

Post by civilengineer »

It should now be called the Challenge City Square :dyinglaughing:
sportster72

Post by sportster72 »

There's a number of businesses in Penticton that use the Iron City monicker. Good move on the part of the city to jettison it. DUH! :127:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Perhaps "Challenged City" will draw a whole new crowd. :137:
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

-fluffy- wrote:Perhaps "Challenged City" will draw a whole new crowd. :137:

Or maybe more of the same crowd.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

Opens today! China wins! Lippo group/Property Development Group [PDG] on the project board, gets a foothold in Penticton [see Channel Crossing Financiers] topic..its all explained there.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

Light Shine ... you are pushing your luck with this post. I understand you are passionate in your beliefs, however, you are treading dangerously close to slandering a brand new facility in Penticton. It is distasteful and disgraceful for you to start infiltrating more threads with your fears regarding China. By all means, stay informed and share the word where appropriate ... but do so in a way that is not damaging to new business. The time to protest the new theatre (or how it is funded) has long past. Penticton has waited over 50 years for a new movie theatre ... tonight is opening night .... maybe you should chill out and go catch a movie.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

rather stay home and watch movie from the comfort of a home theatre and avoid stupid people and noise and sticky floors and rip off prices!!!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

For me there will always be movies that cry for the big screen experience, I was a regular at the PenMar and I look forward to the improvements that the new theatre will offer. In my recent experience it's the snack bar where one encounters the more rapacious pricing so I'll likely be tempted to sneak a bag of M&Ms in tucked away in a pocket somewhere. but it's encouraging that cheap Tuesday is going to survive.

On my radar for the near future is Cloud Atlas", I doubt the living room approach would do that one justice.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

fall wrote:rather stay home and watch movie from the comfort of a home theatre and avoid stupid people and noise and sticky floors and rip off prices!!!

Wow. Do you feel that way about other forms of entertainment? Live theatre? Events Centre? Listening to a band with a cover charge? Hockey games?

'Stupid people' ... 'noise' and 'sticky floors'. That sure doesn't resemble how I experience an evening at the movie theatre. Each to his own I guess.
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

glassmaster wrote:
fall wrote:rather stay home and watch movie from the comfort of a home theatre and avoid stupid people and noise and sticky floors and rip off prices!!!

Wow. Do you feel that way about other forms of entertainment? Live theatre? Events Centre? Listening to a band with a cover charge? Hockey games?

'Stupid people' ... 'noise' and 'sticky floors'. That sure doesn't resemble how I experience an evening at the movie theatre. Each to his own I guess.

Gassmeister, maybe you can learn something by your own criticism..

each to his own I guess
LightShine

Post by LightShine »

Like I say, China won with this venue..got that Gassy. You wouldn't want to be labeled a bully now would you; never too late for protest in my world. Never In my life thought there was a timeline for protest. Thats what totalitarian China would do BTW, this is Canada.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

[quote="LightShine"]Like I say, China won with this venue.../quote]

So did local residents, we got a nice shiny new state-of-the-art theatre for our enjoyment, a new source of tax revenue for the city, a few more local jobs, and a step further on revitalizing downtown, and all built with somebody else's money. All in how you look at it I suppose.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

LightShine wrote:
glassmaster wrote:

Gassmeister, maybe you can learn something by your own criticism..

each to his own I guess

LightShine, I wasn't critical of the poster. I simply said that when I go for a evening at the movie theatre ... I don't see it as being surrounded by stupid or noisy people. I quite enjoy the experience.

You interest in 'Chinagate' will wear thin with folks Lightshine ... partiularly if you start trying to bad mouth the brand new theatre in town. These blogs are not supposed to be used to slander local business ventures. Write a letter to the editor ... your drival would be printed for all to see.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

glassmaster wrote:You interest in 'Chinagate' will wear thin with folks Lightshine ...

That's a sure thing unless he can offer some credible reason for local concern. As far as I see the benefits for Penticton outweigh any unsubstantiated foreign invasion theories by a long shot.

Return to “Central Okanagan”