Penticton Regional Hospital upgrades and expansion

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Penticton Regional Hospital upgrades and expansion

Post by Anonymous123 »

Drip_Torch wrote:Sorry twobits, but I didn't see an "And" in there.

Watched the debate, read the blues... bottom line, as far as the Hon. R. Coleman is concerned, is the hospital is "pretty good."

Did you have something you wanted to add?

twobits wrote:No, nothing to add......just seemed like there should have been something further. Pretty lame comment by Coleman. Maybe next time he's around here we could get someone practiced in the art of voodoo to bring on a burst appendix or something and see if he still thinks it's "pretty good".

Isn't Coleman from Penticton? Is his Mom Rose Coleman?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:

Isn't Coleman from Penticton? Is his Mom Rose Coleman?

Have no idea but seem to recall he had some kind of family here.
Does anyone recall when the funding for the new heart and surgical centre was approved? Am pretty sure it was a previous budget cycle. I'm all in for the Penticton expansion but it does no good acting like children and pointing to long past approved projects in Kelowna or lease rates for the new office building to support the argument. If this type of tactic is to be employed, only the VJH parkade was a hijacking of funding and the Ministry of Health should be asked to explain why parking issues in Vernon supercede actual patient care in the South Okanagan.

ETA-Forget it, I googled it and funding was actually approved Jan 25, 2010....over three years ago. So Nepal, your ranting over the heart centre makes no sense whatsoever
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Good to see Vernon getting more facilities...

Mar 5, 2013: RFQ released to complete two floors at Polson Tower

VERNON – A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was released today as an important step toward the completion of the top two floors of the Polson Tower that will build 60 inpatient beds.

“We’re moving forward on our commitment to improving capacity at Vernon Jubilee Hospital with the release of the RFQ,” said Minister of Health Margaret MacDiarmid. “Less than a month ago, we announced plans to add 60 beds to Polson Tower, and today we’re well on our way to making that happen.”

The RFQ is the important first step in the process to select a qualified team to design and complete the two floors, which were originally set aside with future patient needs in mind.

On Feb. 7, 2013, government unveiled floor plans for 60 beds at Polson Tower. This follows an earlier announcement in April 2012, when government announced detailed planning would commence to add beds in Polson Tower and complete the two unfinished floors. Funding consisting of $29.6 million to complete the two floors will be shared between the Province, the North Okanagan Columbia Shuswap Regional Hospital District (NOCSRDH) and the Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation.

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2009-2013/2013HLTH0041-000404.htm
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

"...MacDiarmid said they are working as hard as they can to find a way to make the project move forward..."
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-88465-21-.htm#88465
Vanilla_Girl

Post by Vanilla_Girl »

I went there numerous of times for past several years with various reasons. Everytime I look at the wall, it look so unappealing and some are actually peeling paint. It looks really horrible. I really hope it get the expansion and renovate the entire hospital soon!
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Vanilla_Girl wrote:I went there numerous of times for past several years with various reasons. Everytime I look at the wall, it look so unappealing and some are actually peeling paint. It looks really horrible. I really hope it get the expansion and renovate the entire hospital soon!

I hope so to, they really need a new facility.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

I heard of someone who had to wait too long for a MRI and the waiting caused the problem and pain to get much worse and has now given up on the local facility and is paying a large amount to have corrective surgery done in a private clinic outside the valley. What is the point in paying large taxes for public health care locally, if it can't deliver.
:9923:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Good to see the Premier in town touting a slightly different version of the 3 R's - Reduce, Reuse, Redundant.

Reduce:
"Premier Christy Clark was in town this morning to announce the government is proceeding with business case planning."

While it's great this is going forward Penticton Hospital needs a little more than a business case plan... it needs an actual funding commitment and shovels in the ground.

Reuse:
"After my visit to Penticton last month, I was committed to look at how we can move along plans for the new tower," said Premier Clark.

I suspect the hospital staff should keep the podium handy for a few more photo op's in the coming months.

Redundant:
http://www.penticton.ca/EN/main/city/ma ... eting.html

If you view the meeting from the 1 hour 42 minute mark on - you'll see that today's announcement was already made by our Mayor/Chair/Candidate over a month ago and that the funds being used (1.3 million) are being advanced from the RDOS bank account.

I guess now that the Premier has said it - it must be true.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “Central Okanagan”