Vandals trash bus shelter by Scotiabank

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Vandals trash bus shelter by Scotiabank

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tell that to the art shop who was vandalized. Security called 911 for a "break-in in progress and it took the cops over 15 minutes to get there ... and that's with the police station 5 minutes away.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

They probably already know .
No guarantees in life.
westbank07
Fledgling

Post by westbank07 »

What they really should do is install tranquilizers darts in booby traps that shoot off when triggered by shattered glass. That way the perpetrators are sleeping when police arrive. That should make it easy for them ;)
gloryniights

Post by gloryniights »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:You want me to give you a number? :dyinglaughing:
I can't tell you how long it would be, but when there is an 'in progress' 911 call, they get there real fast.
They like to catch 'em red handed too. Makes for a very satisfying day.

I've probably called the RCMP 10 times from work after watching kids jump eachother, smash something, etc. Most of the time I never see an officer; but sometimes it takes 20 minutes to a half an hour for one to show up and by then the kids have left.

I'm always thankful for our police force but no, it's not often the case that they 'get there real fast'.
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

We are talking about the vandalizing of the bus shelter.

Why would the Police waste valuable time trying to catch the culprits? All the money spent on detection and taking the miscreants to court is wasted when they get no real punishment.

It is time for forgetting all the Namby Pamby slap on the wrist rubbish that is being dealt out by courts. Punishment should be made to fit the crime. Community Service in the community is a great idea. Groups of "Clients" are supervised as they do work to repair the damage they caused. They could also go further and beautify the surrounds of the areas they deface.

Parents who have abdicated their responsibilities as far as their kids are concerned, could also help complete the job.

Youth court needs to deal with problems quickly so that today's vandal does not turn into tomorrow criminal. Prison is not the answer as it is the best university for crime education ever!
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

There has been vandalism in the new home constructions in Crown Town also. Some older kids are also hanging around that park. They drive a little white older car in pretty bad shape. Next time I will get the licence number, just never thought much about it at the time.
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

Time to drop the stupid young offenders act and starting treating these punks kids as the worthless pos that they are...better yet, bring back publics hangings.....
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Wonder why the police take 15 minututes to respond? Abondoned 911 calls. What a waste of useful/expensive time.

Return to “Central Okanagan”