Kelowna Law Enforcement

johnhenry
Übergod

Kelowna Law Enforcement

Post by johnhenry »

At this moment there are three out of the of the top four threads in this section of the Castanet Forums, that are dealing with local law enforcement. It would be easier to air your concerns in one thread, than to bounce around from one issue to another.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
johnhenry
Übergod

Re: Kelowna Law Enforcement

Post by johnhenry »

Just trying to consolidate, easier reading.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Graphite is right... too many axes to grind.

Better to keep issues separated otherwise the focus is lost and threads become too confusing.

Nothing useful comes from chaos. Ask law enforcement authorities, they'll agree.
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

There is always a rotten apple or two in the bin.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
redwine

Post by redwine »

Has anyone gone for a ride along in Kelowna?
It might give you a better idea of what "a day in the life of rcmp" is really like. It will answer questions you might have about why he drove in the hov lane, why he was speeding but no lights on, why he flicked the lights on to go thru an intersection and so on. It is quite an eye opening experience.
perhaps the straight and narrow would be wider if more people used it
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote:There is always a rotten apple or two in the bin.

Agreed...Trick is get rid of them fast enough to not spoil the bucshell(?sp)....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

redwine wrote:Has anyone gone for a ride along in Kelowna?
It might give you a better idea of what "a day in the life of rcmp" is really like. It will answer questions you might have about why he drove in the hov lane, why he was speeding but no lights on, why he flicked the lights on to go thru an intersection and so on. It is quite an eye opening experience.

Perhaps anyone who wants to complain about the RCMP should do this first before posting smears.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Those so called "smears " are mostly about actions of the "bad apples" ....The RCMP deserve most of the criticism for failing to do anything about them..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

MAPearce wrote:Those so called "smears " are mostly about actions of the "bad apples" ....The RCMP deserve most of the criticism for failing to do anything about them..

Nope. There are a few people on these forums beating a prejudicial dead horse.

You can't hold all the RCMP responsible for the actions of the "bad apples". Who are you to say anyone else even knows the behaviors of one or two people who are doing bad things. You act like they are hiding some big secret. If your views are leaning this way, then I would ask you if you are beating a prejudicial dead horse also.
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

Props to the RCMP tonight. When I work weekend nights I tune into the scanner so I can hear how pathetic this city is and surely did not get disappointed when I heard about a B&E on the westside and they beat up the guy's pets while he fled his house. Within 20 minutes the losers were surrounded by the bridge and all arrested.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

netfreak wrote:Props to the RCMP tonight. When I work weekend nights I tune into the scanner so I can hear how pathetic this city is and surely did not get disappointed when I heard about a B&E on the westside and they beat up the guy's pets while he fled his house. Within 20 minutes the losers were surrounded by the bridge and all arrested.

They beat up his pets? Whaaat is that about.

Good job RCMP for catching these jerks.
netfreak
Übergod

Post by netfreak »

Graphite wrote:
netfreak wrote:Props to the RCMP tonight. When I work weekend nights I tune into the scanner so I can hear how pathetic this city is and surely did not get disappointed when I heard about a B&E on the westside and they beat up the guy's pets while he fled his house. Within 20 minutes the losers were surrounded by the bridge and all arrested.

They beat up his pets? Whaaat is that about.

Good job RCMP for catching these jerks.

Yeah it sounded like the guy had dogs and they beat them up during the home invasion. It did sound like one of them ran away during the incident though but I haven't heard anything further over the scanner on it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

You can't hold all the RCMP responsible for the actions of the "bad apples". Who are you to say anyone else even knows the behaviors of one or two people who are doing bad things. You act like they are hiding some big secret. If your views are leaning this way, then I would ask you if you are beating a prejudicial dead horse also.

As usual , you have turned this conversation to fit your own bi partisan views as you beat that "dead horse" with the flag stick of the "they never do anything wrong" banner that you wave.

I never said that ALL cops are bad , you're saying that I am.. I will say the RCMP ,as an ORGANIZATION ,can and should clean house faster to benefit said organization AND return the respect that good cops deserve back to them.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Actually you might want to re-read my posts if that is your opinion. Saying that I said they never do anything wrong means that you have not read my posts. Its not a personal matter anyhow so, relax. You are free to not agree with me :) But bi partisan means working to finding a middle ground to an issue. So I am not really sure what you are talking about since you seem to be accusing me of the opposite :) PS the issue is not about your feelings on my postings but rather the facts at hand. Sweeping generalizations that it's the entire police force's fault there are a few bad apples really is not a fact unless you can demonstrate the whole detachment is at fault for hiding a bad apple and covering up for that person's behavior. As well it could well be the bad apples are hiding the bad apples. Doesn't mean the whole detachment is corrupt. Holding innocent people accountable for the behavior of one person when they may well not know about these tendencies really is unfair and unjust. Since we all appear to be fans of justice perhaps sweeping generalizations should be avoided.
Last edited by Graphite on Oct 21st, 2012, 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

MAPearce
"As usual , you have turned this conversation to fit your own bi partisan views as you beat that "dead horse" with the flag stick of the "they never do anything wrong" banner that you wave.

I never said that ALL cops are bad , you're saying that I am.. I will say the RCMP ,as an ORGANIZATION ,can and should clean house faster to benefit said organization AND return the respect that good cops deserve back to them."

IMHO, this comment is the way it is, and has been made over and over again in threads dealing with the RCMP in this forum. The dyed in the wool cop bashers are impervious to fact and reality though, so they just keep on with the same old, same old. The Canadian population should be irate with our federal politicians who have been dragging their feet for years now on attempts by the RCMP to get the RCMP Act amended, so they could have an Act that would let them legally deal with the bad apples. They seem to have no problem getting other matters through parliament.

Return to “Central Okanagan”