Kelowna Law Enforcement

Libelle
Guru

Re: Kelowna Law Enforcement

Post by Libelle »

cutter7 wrote:
Libelle wrote:Yes, that is what I meant. Walking heavy = carrying a gun. Drunks on the road is also a great danger not only to cops but people in general. I did not list all hazards that the police face on a daily basis.

Guess I am not quite the street wise person I thought I was. I've yet to see these heavy walkers you talk about.

My guess as to why you have never seen "these heavy walkers" is because people tend not to expose their gun to the general public. Walking heavy is just another way to say a person is packing, packing heat etc.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I guess you could call it a figure of speech :)
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Graphite wrote:I guess you could call it a figure of speech :)

Yes, that would be an example....
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

never heard much of it either,,, and trust me if the police found one of these "heavy walkers" it would make the news.

With the exception of the pawn shop robbery the only gun play i've heard was between the gangsters themselves.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

cutter7 wrote:never heard much of it either,,, and trust me if the police found one of these "heavy walkers" it would make the news.

With the exception of the pawn shop robbery the only gun play i've heard was between the gangsters themselves.

Lord give me strength! It just is a way to describe someone carrying a gun. Must be some kind of gift that you have to put that kind of spin on a slang term.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I was in walmart last night, walking down an aisle and two middle aged ladies were eyeing me.
One says to the other- "He's packing".
The other nods, and goes, "Yup".

I dont know why they would think that, I dont even own a gun.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Babbitman wrote:I was in walmart last night, walking down an aisle and two middle aged ladies were eyeing me.
One says to the other- "He's packing".
The other nods, and goes, "Yup".

I dont know why they would think that, I dont even own a gun.

Strange. Maybe they were eyeing your six pack. Thought you stopped drinking beer in Wally World. :dyinglaughing:
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Yes, I know you were trying to explain that its a way to describe people carrying a gun. you also stated that it makes the cops job dangerous. I'm saying you are spreading hype. being a cop is not even in the top ten dangerous jobs in canada.... that being said I do feel bad for them having to deal with drunks.

If you are interested in the most dangerous jobs in canada and people who actually get serious injuries and death here's a link.
http://resumescanada.ca/the-most-danger ... dian-jobs/
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Libelle wrote:There are bad apples in every bunch just like here on the forums, you would agree right theyeti and not so new in town. Some tend to forget that cops are people too, and dealing with the general public is not an easy job. Mix in druggies, people walking around heavy makes their job a dangerous one.

Cutter this is what I said. I did not say that the only or greatest danger to cops is people carrying a gun. I am not spreading hype. I just expressed a different way of describing someone carrying a gun.

cutter7 wrote:Yes, I know you were trying to explain that its a way to describe people carrying a gun. you also stated that it makes the cops job dangerous. I'm saying you are spreading hype. being a cop is not even in the top ten dangerous jobs in canada.... that being said I do feel bad for them having to deal with drunks.

If you are interested in the most dangerous jobs in canada and people who actually get serious injuries and death here's a link.

you do not feel bad for them. Good they probably do not want your sympathy as they are much stronger than that and do not need your sympathy.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

What are the other five dangerous jobs? That website only lists 5 but you said RCMP was not in the top ten.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

cutter7 wrote:If you are interested in the most dangerous jobs in canada and people who actually get serious injuries and death here's a link.

Perhaps you are misinformed on this as well, but RCMP officers DO "actually get serious injuries and death.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... -duty.html

Go ahead and tell their children they don't get serious injuries and death.

Thanks for coming out.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There Are a few. Jobs that high numbers death and serious injuries, I used to have one of them. When it happened to us though, nobody ever made a big deal about it.
I remember seeing a guy packing in the old Hortons downtown one day, I kept looking and saw the butt of the pistol several times.. Had to keep people looking..amost asked him why he had it but decided against that idea.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I think it is one thing to have a dangerous job for yourself and for the money. Maybe it is another thing to do your dangerous job not so much for the money but for other people.

Not saying that is what your situation was 50yearsin, just saying perhaps that might be with other dangerous jobs?

Or maybe it has to do with what is in the public eye the most?

These are just my guesses. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it topic

As a Canadian I am damn proud of my RCMP.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Graphite wrote:I think it is one thing to have a dangerous job for yourself and for the money. Maybe it is another thing to do your dangerous job not so much for the money but for other people.

Not saying that is what your situation was 50yearsin, just saying perhaps that might be with other dangerous jobs?

Or maybe it has to do with what is in the public eye the most?

These are just my guesses. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it topic

As a Canadian I am damn proud of my RCMP.

I am too...

Return to “Central Okanagan”