Kelowna Law Enforcement

ukcanuck
Fledgling

Re: Kelowna Law Enforcement

Post by ukcanuck »

MAPearce wrote:
See Junk , it goes both ways huh ?When I do something nice for the cops, no one notices...When I ask a question of them or critisize them EVERY one notices..

Two way street huh Junk Monkey ?? Funny how you guys can complain and expect sympathy but when the shoes on the other foot ???

I find this totally perplexing, there are no less than three threads running about law enforcement and in each there is or was some one complaining or questioning or making negative observations about the conduct of the police and the overwhelming response seems to be one of kneejerk defensiveness.

one is a complainer, one is a criminal or troublemaker, one has a bad attitude or an unreasonable axe to grind etc... the vitriol got so bad the mods had to step in

From police members themselves I can almost understand, no one likes criticism, but from fellow citizens I do not understand?

This is a democracy (not this website apparently) but this country, this society. There is no place in this society for unilateral police action and as citizens we are duty bound to hold their collective feet to the fire. It doesn't matter if it seems unfair or petty, criticism is part of the job.

Look what happens when it is not, History is full of examples of what happens when the police are provided uncontested authority. The terms jackboot and stormtrooper are not hollywood terms... they come from societies that gave blind faith to authority

The simple truth is that absolute power corrupts absolutely and it must be a powerful feeling sometimes to have the authority of the state behind one. For me life is generally difficult and cruel and hard to understand and thinking of oneself as a hero is a dangerous thing. You can keep the cops who think they are doing the right thing, give me the cops that are in awe of the responsibility and the enormity of a job that can never be done
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:If not , go back and read ...It's not just my "question"

Wow Pearce I really think you should seek help for all that built up anger inside. I simply was trying to say...let it go in a polite way. Guess we all cant be like that.
To answer your questions as to why the female officer asked the children's names....did you ever think maybe after she spoke to you she may have wanted to investigate the "no problem here explaination"? I mean after all, and I think there are a lot of people who have already said this....your life seems to be riddled with one police encounter after another...and the best part is they are all negative. So why would this one be any different? I mean look at how excited and angry you got when I was saying just let it go...why as why? :bump:
She may have sensed something and wanted to know more info. You had a dropped 911 call that apparently went sideways even before Kelowna Det knew about it so she was probably conducting a complete invest...but yet you criticize...amazing.
Oh and if the BOSS really wanted to know why the officer did what she did...and you said they have a working relationship...tell me why would she not ask her... :sleepdeprived:
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

who has ever had a good time meeting a cop tho ??

u guys *bleep* so many ppl off every day its a wonder we dont have armed groups in the streets fighting back
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I've never had a bad time meeting a cop, and I suspect most law-abiding citizens can say the same.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Jo wrote:I've never had a bad time meeting a cop, and I suspect most law-abiding citizens can say the same.

Me too, in fact, even the border guards on both sides, smile at me and kid around a bit sometimes. Total time spent crossing, not including the lines, about 1 min. Nothing like living well above board to win you friends on the side of the law.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Jo wrote:I've never had a bad time meeting a cop, and I suspect most law-abiding citizens can say the same.

Of course most law abiding citizens do not meet cops and don't want to either... It's usually a traffic citation or some other infraction and how the cop behaves that forms the opinion.
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

My theory is , many on these forums have led extremely sheltered lives. And have extremely selective memory regarding police misconduct .

In Kelowna alone and Mindy Tran case should still be leaving a bad taste in the mouths of people who were intelligent enough to understand it . but it's just too easy to put a bag over your head and ignore it :anonymous: :dyinglaughing:

theirs dozens of cases that just don't seem to be important until you become involved in them.

And it's always comical, to hear people say I'm not a criminal so it will never happen to me.why would that fine young man or woman dressed in that fancy uniform want to do anything that would change or even destroy my life forever.I'm not a drug dealer, I'm a happy trustworthy member of society.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i always treat em as polite as i can . yes sir no sir , i keep my answers very short and to the point . dont wanna give em anything . make em figure it out on there own . why help em do there jobs ? whens the last time a cop came and helped u fix your gutters or roof ??
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

:rate10:
It all comes down to attitudes. If you want to see the negative side of anyone just push their buttons!!

Some of my more positive encounters ended by the campfire!! LOL.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

theyeti wrote:who has ever had a good time meeting a cop tho ??

u guys *bleep* so many ppl off every day its a wonder we dont have armed groups in the streets fighting back

And that confirms it....anything that you "contribute" to any forum from this day forward I will completely ignore. You have nothing but hate for most things in life...or at least it seems that way to me. Better yet you swing back and forth so you creditability is shot with me and I would suspect to most.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

cutter7 wrote:
Of course most law abiding citizens do not meet cops and don't want to either... It's usually a traffic citation or some other infraction and how the cop behaves that forms the opinion.

True enough and in the example PEARCE suggested IMO had neither of those things....unless of course there is something ELSE he is not telling us. I only say that because in his last post he suggested he didnt tell us the entire story when he 1st posted the question. Either way its a waste of time as I suggested. None of us were there and none of us had the info the cop had going there. Situational factors aside...it seems to me PEARCE would not have been happy no matter what the end result was.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
theyeti wrote:who has ever had a good time meeting a cop tho ??

And that confirms it....anything that you "contribute" to any forum from this day forward I will completely ignore. You have nothing but hate for most things in life...or at least it seems that way to me. Better yet you swing back and forth so you creditability is shot with me and I would suspect to most.

A spot on assessment in my opinion. :rate10:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
not so new to town

Post by not so new to town »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
cutter7 wrote:

True enough and in the example PEARCE suggested IMO had neither of those things....unless of course there is something ELSE he is not telling us. I only say that because in his last post he suggested he didnt tell us the entire story when he 1st posted the question. Either way its a waste of time as I suggested. None of us were there and none of us had the info the cop had going there. Situational factors aside...it seems to me PEARCE would not have been happy no matter what the end result was.

not quite sure how you can say that, when you didnt have all my info but you sure rail roaded me, with half the facts, actually you didnt have any facts about the ticket or myself neing pulled over when you sided with someone else and put me down
JUST CRUZIN THE BOARD!!!!!!
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

theyeti wrote:i always treat em as polite as i can . yes sir no sir , i keep my answers very short and to the point . dont wanna give em anything . make em figure it out on there own . why help em do there jobs ? whens the last time a cop came and helped u fix your gutters or roof ??

What the heck you talking about
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”