Kelowna Law Enforcement

Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Re: Kelowna Law Enforcement

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:
You can't hold all the RCMP responsible for the actions of the "bad apples". Who are you to say anyone else even knows the behaviors of one or two people who are doing bad things. You act like they are hiding some big secret. If your views are leaning this way, then I would ask you if you are beating a prejudicial dead horse also.

As usual , you have turned this conversation to fit your own bi partisan views as you beat that "dead horse" with the flag stick of the "they never do anything wrong" banner that you wave.

I never said that ALL cops are bad , you're saying that I am.. I will say the RCMP ,as an ORGANIZATION ,can and should clean house faster to benefit said organization AND return the respect that good cops deserve back to them.

Well there is a thing called the RCMP Act that has to be followed. The RCMP CANNOT just randomly change a Fed Act. They have tried for years and the government has shot them down time and time again. I know you have a "thing" against the RCMP not cops in general but you should really research things before spewing venom about something you clearly know nothing about. Its one thing to have an opinion and I would agree with you its a valid one...but stop blamming the wrong people here and shoot it in the direction of the people who wont let the change happen. BTW in recent years...the tides have started to change with regard to "weeding the bad out". With an act in place...its a slow process and the RCMP have to follow that act...period.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

I saw that video made by gay RCMP members telling young people that life gets better and not to despair on Facebook and I've got to say fair is fair -good on the RCMP for that video! Now there is a good example of how a police force should be socially responsible! my hats off to them for that one.

But it doesn't change my opinion of traffic cops handing out crap tickets tho y'all still suck on that one :P
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

ukcanuck wrote:I saw that video made by gay RCMP members telling young people that life gets better and not to despair on Facebook and I've got to say fair is fair -good on the RCMP for that video! Now there is a good example of how a police force should be socially responsible! my hats off to them for that one.

But it doesn't change my opinion of traffic cops handing out crap tickets tho y'all still suck on that one :P

Well thats no skin off my nose...I dont hand out "crap tickets" I hand out ones that smell like roses and I tend to have more ppl than not actally thank me for issuing them a ticket at the end of it....its an acquired art.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I saw that video made by gay RCMP members telling young people that life gets better and not to despair on Facebook and I've got to say fair is fair -good on the RCMP for that video! Now there is a good example of how a police force should be socially responsible! my hats off to them for that one.

Well thats no skin off my nose...I dont hand out "crap tickets" I hand out ones that smell like roses and I tend to have more ppl than not actally thank me for issuing them a ticket at the end of it....its an acquired art.

Lol yeah " thanks" and "have a nice day" love that one :)

You're gonna say no doubt that they are happy to have the error of their ways pointed out and are thankful for your working hard to make the roads safe.
But then you already pointed out that youre one of the reasonable ones, so that's not so strange.

Can I ask though, when you set up traps and blocks etc, do you get to choose where and when? Is that a strategic decision or something that's done by feel and instinct?
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

ukcanuck wrote:Can I ask though, when you set up traps and blocks etc, do you get to choose where and when? Is that a strategic decision or something that's done by feel and instinct?

Yes. Both.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So, perhaps you can answer this KL , or Trunk ,or bike guy..

When following up on an abandoned 911 call supposedly from my cell number (which has a keypad lock) that was recieved in Armstrong BC (the constable called from that detachment to see if I was ok) , did it take 3 hours and a call from me to the Kelowna detachment asking if they were coming to physically verify my well being ,as informed by the Armstong member was a requirement, to actualy SHOW UP ???

I called to ask if it was ok to shut the house down and go to sleep two hours after the I was told some one from my area needed to verify I was ok and was told I could go to bed BUT one hour after that , a member showed up... No big deal..

But what IS a big deal is WHY did that member , whowas supposed to be checking to see if I was alright , grilled me on the names and birthdates of my kids...

WHY do you need to know that ? the only reason the attending member knew I had kids in the house was because when I called to to ask to go to bed , I told them that " the kids are in bed already , I work early and I need to get to sleep"...

I just gotta wonder why , when it's MY well being the RCMP are concerned about , would they show up 3 hours after the fact and grill me about how old my kids are ? Specially since the only reason they knew about the kids in the first place was because I called back after waiting 2 hours to see if we could all go to bed .

Perhaps , if I give you my cell number , you could cross reference it to find out why ?

Just wondering

Mike.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

KL3-Something wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Can I ask though, when you set up traps and blocks etc, do you get to choose where and when? Is that a strategic decision or something that's done by feel and instinct?

Yes. Both.

If your anything like me youve a spreadsheet for ROI. Not so many speeders there. That ones rich though.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I have to ask what is your closer?? I would use "I hope the rest of your day is better than this."

I recieved many a thanks, and then once they realized that they thanked me, they would add I'm not sure why and a smile!

As long as theres' no feathers stuck to a ticket most thank you. They know they screwed up really.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Abadoned 911 calls, while sometimes very serious, are the bane of police existence these days. There are dozens per day, 95% of which are nothing but pocket dials. Often from deactivated cell phones. The following are all educated guesses:

MAPearce wrote:So, perhaps you can answer this KL , or Trunk ,or bike guy..

When following up on an abandoned 911 call supposedly from my cell number (which has a keypad lock) that was recieved in Armstrong BC (the constable called from that detachment to see if I was ok) , did it take 3 hours and a call from me to the Kelowna detachment asking if they were coming to physically verify my well being ,as informed by the Armstong member was a requirement, to actualy SHOW UP ???

Why 3 hours? My guess would be a combination of factors. They (either Kelowna or Armstrong members) were likely busy. The Armstrong member, after speaking with you, probably didn't place checking on you at a high priority because it sounded like a Telus (or whomever your cell phone is with) screw up. You were in Kelowna (i presume) but the call somehow bounced off a tower in Armstrong. The call to Kelowna to check may have been delayed or once the call came to Kelowna it was low priority and as such sat in the queue for a while before being dispatched. The physical check has to be done, yes, but if there did not seem to be a sense of urgency it was probably set at a lower priority.

I called to ask if it was ok to shut the house down and go to sleep two hours after the I was told some one from my area needed to verify I was ok and was told I could go to bed BUT one hour after that , a member showed up... No big deal..

The people who answer the phones usually aren't cops so they really don't always know what it going to happen out on the road. Someone was obviously tasked with coming to check on you and they were getting around to it...again with the busy thing.

But what IS a big deal is WHY did that member , whowas supposed to be checking to see if I was alright , grilled me on the names and birthdates of my kids...

WHY do you need to know that ? the only reason the attending member knew I had kids in the house was because when I called to to ask to go to bed , I told them that " the kids are in bed already , I work early and I need to get to sleep"...

I just gotta wonder why , when it's MY well being the RCMP are concerned about , would they show up 3 hours after the fact and grill me about how old my kids are ? Specially since the only reason they knew about the kids in the first place was because I called back after waiting 2 hours to see if we could all go to bed .

Perhaps , if I give you my cell number , you could cross reference it to find out why ?

Just wondering

Mike.

I would call this being thorough. While the Armstrong member probably wasn't too concerned his or her level of concern (or lack thereof) may not have been relayed to the member in Kelowna. Being that they don't know who actually dialed the number the member who was in Kelowna probably wanted to know who all was in the house to determine if any of them were the ones who hung up on a 911 call. Believe it for not on more that one occasion in the past the police have been duped by 911 hangup calls. The hang up comes in. The cop goes to the house and talks to the person who answers the phone/door. "Oh no no officer. Everything is fine here. I just was trying to call by brother in the UK and dialed 911 instead of 011. So sorry to waste your time.". Meanwhile his wife, who he had been beating on or threatening to carve up with a knife, and kids, who had tried to dial 911 but hung up when Dad saw them doing it, are hiding in a closet because Dad said if they said a peep while the cop was at the door they were dead.

While taking down that information from you the member was probably gauging your level of cooperation to determine if they needed to take it one step further to actually come into you house and have a look around. We usually don't like to do that unless it is warranted.

That's my take. Only an educated guess though. And you may very well get a different take from bikeguy25 and Trunk-Monkey. That's the individuality of the approach of different members based on what they have seen/heard of happening throughout their respective careers. I tell ya, if you were ever complacent once and got burned you'll never be complacent in similar situations again.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

MAPearce wrote:So, perhaps you can answer this KL , or Trunk ,or bike guy..

Just wondering

Mike.

Conspiracy theory number 1..
Do you wonder if they knew who you were, how many kids you had and their ages and a lot more about you before they got to you by cross referencing a few databases ? I mean its their job to know what's what and what would' have been the point of asking you their ages if they didnt know what the correct answer was? :200:
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

police enjoy putting ppl on the spot .. thats how they set u up for a beat down .. ask u confusing unrelated questions and hope u trip .

once u do they attack with the full force of the law behind them.

it has happened to me lots !

so scary every time i see a cop i head in the other direction to try and avoid any trouble .. its no fun fighting with em they hunt in packs carry guns and love to pepper spray and use the batons .. all for nothing more than disagreeing with what they think
Luvin Da Blues

Post by Luvin Da Blues »

theyeti wrote: .. all for nothing more than disagreeing with what they think

And also you disagreeing with the written laws and statutes of the land? :dyinglaughing:

Don't you get that what you think doesn't matter, they are enforcing the laws that most follow and are in a position of authority, therefore.... you be wrong (again).
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ya i know thats the way they draw it up ..

never gonna convince me they r right tho .. no one said a word about breaking the law .. just afraid of the police thats all
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Understand their training and mindset. Understand that they don't know you, and they can't always give you the benefit of the doubt. Remember they get lied to all the time. Be respectful and honest, take responsibility for your crap, don't break the law if you can possibly avoid it, and you'll have far fewer problems.

It aint rocket surgery, but some of us need a little extra time to figure it out :)
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

theyeti wrote:ya i know thats the way they draw it up ..

never gonna convince me they r right tho .. no one said a word about breaking the law .. just afraid of the police thats all

You are not alone, A few years ago the police kicked in the door of an old ladies house not far from me. They held her at gun point rummaged through her panty drawers and the rest of her house because they used an infrared camera on her house and said it had heat that suggested she had a grow op... nothing was found of course and now we have another contributing member of society scared and hating the police.

oh yea,,,the lady said the only possible heat spike she could think of is when she showered.. any one else remember that?

Don't forget that small crippled old man who they pepper sprayed because he argued with them because he double parked.

Return to “Central Okanagan”