Double Fatal

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Double Fatal

Post by Queen K »

which is exactly what I said Jaybrd. Empties are not necessarily part of the vehicle. And you're right, even if they came from the truck, who's to say the driver had any that particular night? How many of us store our empties in the back of a truck or SUV or car?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
peachlandnotary

Post by peachlandnotary »

My heart goes out to the families and all of those affected. What a senseless tragedy.
Black Daisies
Board Meister

Post by Black Daisies »

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those young people who were killed and injured on Thursday night. They also go out to the rescue workers as I'm sure it's also a difficult time for them. These kids have seen far too many tragedies the past few years, my heart goes out to them all.
Teaps
Board Meister

Post by Teaps »

Queen K wrote:
Teaps wrote:Alcohol is a hell of a drug.

Just so you know, Mr. QK and I take a lot of photographs all over BC and Peachland is included. We were up there not too long ago and guess what bucko, beer cans were everywhere, on the side of the road, in ditches, heck, on the road.

So do not, under any circumstances, take beer cans near an overturned vehicle and attribute them to the driver of the car, AUTOMATICALLY.

It isn't necessarily a match. God knows I've picked up enough empties and taken them to the Return-it that weren't mine, I definitely know better than to jump to conclusions.

Sorry to tell YOU "bucko" but I know someone close to the situation who knows for a fact alcohol was a factor. Get your facts straight before you get on your damn high horse saying how great a person you are for not jumping to conclusions. There is one conclusion and one conclusion only, 2 people are dead and 2 in life threatening condition at the hospital because, pardon me if I offend anyone for attacking the deceased, some dummy got behind the wheel after a large amount of alcohol. I don't like saying it as much as people don't like reading or hearing it, but that's what happens.
Last edited by Teaps on Oct 20th, 2012, 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

That sounds like the telephone game.
But yes, alcohol is not meant for youth.
It can be a very nasty drug.
I wish more kids would learn this before they use it.

Whether or not alcohol was involved, this is a very very sad circumstance for a lot of people.
Let's keep it polite.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Teaps wrote:Sorry to tell YOU "bucko" but I know someone close to the situation who knows for a fact alcohol was a factor. Get your facts straight before you get on your damn high horse saying how great a person you are for not jumping to conclusions. There is one conclusion and one conclusion only, ALCOHOL IS A HELL OF A DRUG.

You could have said that to start with.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Actually Teaps, you started out with a one horse town sentence implicating the driver to have had alcohol before the coroner could come out and say for a fact alcohol is a factor.

Neb is right, why not come out in the first place and spill all over the internet what someone said to you in confidence?

I still stand by my statement by the way. Just because a beer can is close to a car accident, it doesn't mean the can wasn't there first. In other words, a driver may have had a medical issue too, or been swerving to avoid cattle, or anything.
Last edited by Queen K on Oct 20th, 2012, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Teaps wrote

Sorry to tell YOU "bucko" but I know someone close to the situation who knows for a fact alcohol was a factor. Get your facts straight before you get on your damn high horse saying how great a person you are for not jumping to conclusions. There is one conclusion and one conclusion only, 2 people are dead and 2 in life threatening condition at the hospital because, pardon me if I offend anyone for attacking the deceased, some dummy got behind the wheel after a large amount of alcohol. I don't like saying it as much as people don't like reading or hearing it, but that's what happens.[/quote]

Was that told to you in confidence or did that person say, "now go forth and blabber all over the internet with this information"? BEFORE the families even have a chance to wrap their heads around the situation even?

Sorry but the professional news services were careful to couch their language artfully to be careful not to slander the driver, you on the other hand are saying you've got the inside goods now and are blabbering away here. BUCKO.
Teaps
Board Meister

Post by Teaps »

This information is not a well kept secret with those who know what happened. I'm not a professional news service, so I'm not governed by such rules. I'm not too worried about upsetting anyone or speaking Ill of the deceased when they make decisions that kill and put others in danger. Sure it makes me sick that he made the decision to get behind the wheel when intoxicated, but that was his decision, and it was a stupid one.
Last edited by Teaps on Oct 20th, 2012, 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

well, that 'bout says it all then. no cares, no worries, no discretion,
very sad
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

A few years ago, this young girl was hit by a car while walking drunk on the highway...the driver was never found, but back then I questioned why she was out at that time of night.

I feel for the girl and am angry with her parents.
alishaklassen

Post by alishaklassen »

It is a very real tragedy no matter the circumstances and thousands of lives will never be the same. If, in fact the driver was drunk, it was a terrible decision for him to get behind the wheel as was it a bad decision for anyone to get into the vehicle with an intoxicated driver. Everyone is suffering for those decisions. Drinking or not doesn't change the situation at hand. We have two of our young people fighting for their lives and four families struggling to function minute to minute. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for all those involved and my heart goes out to those families and friends.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

So, it seems a lot of kids lately have been meeting unfortunate circumstances on the westside. And everytime it happens, everyone gets up in arms about it, saying what a tragedy it is. The only tragedies which occured last night were the parents who allowed their children to drink alcohol without giving them a safe place to consume it. They have to go up the road to hide it, and then they drive home. I know because i have been one of them in the past, not saying I'm perfect, just managed to make it.
I'm just glad that more people weren't injured. BTW all the db's driving these big trucks around better take a good look at those pictures, and decide wether they would like to end up a pancake too.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Don't know if they were out in the bush drinking or not , but me and most of my friends did that too when we were teenagers. Most of us survived but I know a few of us who didn't , and their last booze cruise was by no means their first.
Every one knows the dangers , everyone knows what can happen , but most believe it won't happen to them.
Can't blame the truck , blame the person who thought such a ridiculous ( and poorly done ) lift job was cool. No matter how bad a road is , you can't blame a road , only the person driving on it. EVERYONE who was in the vehicle made the choice to be there.
Sorry if I sound heartless , I truly do feel for the families and can't begin to imagine what they are going through.

*edit* .. oh ya , then there is the seatbelt thing. Really shouldn't need to comment on that.
Last edited by gordon_as on Oct 20th, 2012, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Sadly, the young man driving was the boyfriend of the late Ashlee Hyatt and was still very close with the family, He was to appear at the trial as the only sober witness that night, I feel such sympathy for the families involved, five terrible tragidies with children all involving stupid decisions made while alcohol involved, drunk or not no family should be dealing with this.
Going today, hear tommorow

Return to “Central Okanagan”