Dan Ashton - Liberal

CTF
Fledgling

Re: Dan Ashton - Liberal

Post by CTF »

XT225 wrote:You must be dreaming if you think that we will get many folks from L.A. coming here once they arrive in Kelowna. Other than having nicer beaches here and less traffic, Kelowna has everything that those folks will want. Few will remember the days when we actually had a large sign at the airport - "Penticton International Airport"; it was the first stop before flying even into Kelowna; we even had direct flights to Spokane for a while there. We need to concentrate on getting back direct flights here; not Kelowna. Sure the helicopter school has boomed but little else. "Shop Penticton and Fly out of Penticton" to be pushed and pushed hard.

We certainly will not get many folks from LA if we don’t try – I do agree on promoting our own airport and as you recognized earlier – that is something that we are doing. It seems where we disagree is the need and importance of trying to go after LA tourists to try and bring some down here to Penticton. I believe we can have success because I think we have much more to offer then Kelowna does. To me, this is a far more beautiful region to explore but we need to get the word out about what is here.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

XT225 wrote:I can assure you that none of this would've even come up, if there wasn't a Provincial Election coming next May. Remember, we are not allowed to attack the person; only their record. (the mods will get you if you do...lol).
ps: sorry that I can't stick around...off to catch a plane here. Taking the family to Disneyland; got a great deal on a seat sale through Air Canada/Jazz. Penticton to Van and then LAX. Not only are we supporting the local economy and jobs, its also more convenient AND supports a truly Canadian owned airline. :127:

I am not certain that I agree with you. Someone else, Southy I think it was, made a similar allegation against Mayor Ashton in this thread suggesting he was only out in Naramata because he was playing Provincial politics....

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=47212

In this same thread I posted an article from Keremeos that stated Ashton but been in places like Olalla, several times in fact LONG before he was a candidate for MLA.

On a different note - Have a great family vacation and enjoy Disneyland.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Slightly tangential...

If Ashton found a cure for cancer, chances are, the spare change that was sitting in the jar beside it is gone too.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “Central Okanagan”