Is this against the law?

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Is this against the law?

Post by mexi cali »

While he may seem a bit odd, he's harmless. I respect people who actually perform some sort of activity in order to make money as opposed to sitting outside a store entrance with a stupid sign saying "hungry, please help" or "anything will do".

There is always something most could do to make a buck or two.

I always have something that needs to be done around my house. Not stuff I can't do. Stuff I don't want to do and I would gladly throw a few bucks in the direction of any industrious individual who wants to work..Collecting recyclables is work as anyone who has ever been sucked into going to the depot and having to sort through disgusting, wet bottles and cans for $20.00 will attest.

I admire anyone who is willing to do it.

Don't worry about this guy.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

He's already breaking the law so it's not paranoia.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

ledzep77 wrote:While he may seem a bit odd, he's harmless. I respect people who actually perform some sort of activity in order to make money as opposed to sitting outside a store entrance with a stupid sign saying "hungry, please help" or "anything will do".

There is always something most could do to make a buck or two.

I always have something that needs to be done around my house. Not stuff I can't do. Stuff I don't want to do and I would gladly throw a few bucks in the direction of any industrious individual who wants to work..Collecting recyclables is work as anyone who has ever been sucked into going to the depot and having to sort through disgusting, wet bottles and cans for $20.00 will attest.

I admire anyone who is willing to do it.

Don't worry about this guy.

Do you know him? If so, great. He can go to your place and stay away from mine.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Catz wrote:Stay off my property...I have seen him, have tried to approach him and he drives off...fast...break...fast...break...can over...fast...break...
I have kids that play in the driveway, thanx.
The older couple...no issues with...
I get helping others, trust me.

Exactly. His behaviour is suspicious. When I tried to approach him, same thing, he took off.
There are lots of kids on this street as well as a few blind spots when you drive.
What he is doing is illegal and dangerous.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It's certainly a stretch to go from dumpster diving to cat burglary.

That is at least a teeny bit paranoid.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I say we string im up. That'll learn im. :skyisfalling: :ohmygod:
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

ledzep77 wrote:It's certainly a stretch to go from dumpster diving to cat burglary.

That is at least a teeny bit paranoid.

Well, if you have had break ins before, you might not like the idea of people checking out your stuff.
Not paranoid at all, just cautious.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

prairieflower wrote:Must be nice to afford to "throw away" bottles and cans that you can get money you have already paid out, back. We do okay financially in our home, but no way in hell are we putting cans and bottles out for some weirdo to get.

We do save some for the couple in Glenrosa who collect and for the sports groups etc who collect, but the rest goes back in our pocket.

Why are people putting these items in their recycling?

So what bothers you the most? Giving up those few bucks (really, is it all that much at .05 cents each) or is because he's a "weirdo" and weirdos don't deserve any good....?

I think I live like about 90% of the Okanagan family population, which is for the most part paycheque to paycheque with a few extras thrown in... it's absolutely no skin off of my nose to keep my empties for the homeless guy who comes back each Wednesday morning. He comes with his pimped out shopping cart all piled high with all of his worldly possessions. Every now and then I'll leave a Tim's gift card out there for him... last year I gave him some blankets and an old pair of my hubby's snow boots and mitts.

As my mom used to say "There but for the grace of God goes I."
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

We are not talking about shopping cart people or anyone else.

We are talking about one particular person who is driving around, rifling through recycling bins, and bothering people in the neighborhood.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

gardengirl wrote:We are not talking about shopping cart people or anyone else.

We are talking about one particular person who is driving around, rifling through recycling bins, and bothering people in the neighborhood.

what's so bothersome??? That's what I don't get. If people are smart, they shred personal papers so there's no risk in the recycling. If people are putting pop cans in there then I'm glad someone is rifling through to get them out. I think someone said if the recycling is out on the curb then it's city property... if it's such a bother maybe people need to put their garbage and recyling out closer to when the truck comes. I totally don't get the bothering part. Seems a little busybody to me.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

So you don't get it....fine. Some of us do. It appears that it is mostly women who are bothered. I will repeat, it's creepy.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Prey Cam. Strategically placed. Not one with a visible flash mind you, you need one of those IR ones. :sleepdeprived:

I wish I had one in my truck when all my welding cable got stolen! Although it would be a great way to catch the cable thieves...you know...black garden hose and a prey cam strategically placed...I know that now, but the police don't care...well, they do, but there isn't much they could do; file a report of a theft in an area and go from there...I would have liked to catch the bugger in the act...It would have made for an interesting conversation!
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Where I was living before, there was a lady with a cart coming every week to look in the blue bin on my property.. Kinda bother me but looking at her she looked innofensive and... how do you tell an old lady not to pickup cans in your bin?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

gardengirl wrote:So you don't get it....fine. Some of us do. It appears that it is mostly women who are bothered. I will repeat, it's creepy.

I wouldn't like it either. Anyone who feels comfortable with rifling through what doesn't belong to them and taking what doesn't belong to them makes me uneasy.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Put your dog crap in with your pop tins for a few weeks. Problem solved.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Central Okanagan”