Is this against the law?

theyeti
Übergod

Re: Is this against the law?

Post by theyeti »

i agree with rwede for once if its that bothersome do something about it .. the guy is obviously not a sneak thief or u would know seeing as how u are all talking about the same guy ..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thieves will steal right underneath your nose if given the opportunity. Obviously this particular person knows the schedules of the pickups.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

The schedules are not even relevant....Its common knowledge to everyone that your bins need to be out by 7am...Notice how he doesn't come before that...

I think if you have a problem with him, then go talk to him, call the cops, do whatever you feel like...As opposed to sitting on here and complaining about it...Has he robbed you of anything yet? Has he broken into your house? Chances are, if he has been watching you, like you fear, then he would have done so already...

Give your head a shake...Has continuing to complain about him on this forum solved your problem? No, didn't think so...

I don't understand why everyone feels threatened by him...he's simply looking for cans...I'm a woman..I sure don't feel threatened...I'm glad to see that he's actually doing something in order to gain a few bucks...If he wanted to steal your things, he probably would have already done so...Considering it is all garbage, recycling, if you're worried about someone taking something, why put it in the bin? Do you think that employees don't look for stuff at the landfill? If that "garbage" or pop can means so much to you, then maybe it shouldn't be in there...

Some people's children...
Last edited by Darlin06 on Oct 26th, 2012, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

[quote="Rwede"]Put your dog crap in with your pop tins for a few weeks. Problem solved.[/quote]

That's a brilliant solution....not !!! I guess the idea of recycling is beyond you or you don't care about those who work with our recycled waste?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I guess the idea of recycling is beyond you or you don't care about those who work with our recycled waste
I don't think he was suggesting to put the dog crap in the recycling bin to be carted away but put it with the pop cans before taking them in to the bottle depot. We have a separate bin for pop cans.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The schedules are not even relevant....
I thought there were different days for different areas.

I think if you have a problem with him, then go talk to him, call the cops, do whatever you feel like...
Not smart really and it's bylaw you need to call.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

there might be different days but it sounds like hes only in a few areas .. im willing to bet he likes to drink so he wont be driving too much in the afternoons as hell be liquored by then ..

ill bet 50 bucks the worst thing he does is drink and drive around looking to score some cans so he can get more booze ..

there is however an old pedophile living in some sort of vehicle on the westside he hangs out around c.n.b school is what ive heard has a job and lives in a truck ..

if the two r the same guy and i dont think they r because i know the pedophile has a real job ( sick i know ) then u reason to worry because that sick pedophile guy needs to be relocated

i hate to be the guy to say not in my backyard but ya not in my back yard
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

gardengirl wrote:So you don't get it....fine. Some of us do. It appears that it is mostly women who are bothered. I will repeat, it's creepy.

FYI... I'm female. Mom to 4. Sex has nothing to do with compassion and a desire to understand people to make the world a better place.

And really... if you're all that uncomfortable how about you try talking to this person and explaining your discomfort? He may not realize he's making you feel this way. He may have some special needs or a mental illness. Doesn't make him dangerous. He may be on the ASD spectrum and unable to read body language. Judgement sucks!!!!
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

Darlin06 wrote:The schedules are not even relevant....Its common knowledge to everyone that your bins need to be out by 7am...Notice how he doesn't come before that...

I think if you have a problem with him, then go talk to him, call the cops, do whatever you feel like...As opposed to sitting on here and complaining about it...Has he robbed you of anything yet? Has he broken into your house? Chances are, if he has been watching you, like you fear, then he would have done so already...

Give your head a shake...Has continuing to complain about him on tis forum solved your problem? No, didn't so...

I don't understand why everyone feels threatened by him...he's simply looking for cans...I'm a eoman..I sure don't feel threatened...I'm glad to see that he's actually doing something in order to gain a few bucks...If he wanted to steal your things, he probably would have already done so...Considering it is all garbage, recycling, if you're worried about someone taking something, why put it in the bin? Do you think that employees don't look for stuff at the landfill? If that "garbage" or pop can means so much to you, then maybe it shouldn't be in there...

Some people's children...

:rate10:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

try talking to this person and explaining your discomfort
It's been suggested not to try that - he doesn't appear to be approachable.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Considering it is all garbage, recycling, if you're worried about someone taking something, why put it in the bin?
That's not the point.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

so what is the point then ?? :skyisfalling:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

People are uncomfortable with having their bins rooted through and I understand that.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

its just how it is in BC stands for bottle collectors thats what we used to say when i lived on the prairies
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The bylaws were created for a reason. It's seems this particular person just doesn't have the respect for others that he should.

Return to “Central Okanagan”