Pedestrian struck in West Kelowna

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Pedestrian struck in West Kelowna

Post by French Castanut »

When it's that dark outside, sorry, we can merely see you, pedestrians. It's always worst when it's wet. Everything is pitch BLACK. Be careful.

And I hope this one will get well soon!

*Also, when we drive in Roundabouts, don't jump in front of us like a deer, cuz as we're turning, your in our front left or right blind angle most of the time. Wait until it's clear before you go, or at least, make sure we did an eye contact with you. We do out best while driving, but that works bost sides eh.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#83407
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Re: Pedestrian struck in West Kelowna

Post by Fleshfailures »

I feel bad when pedestrians are struck, but most of the people I see walking are dressed in dark colors. If it's dark, and you're wearing dark clothes, drivers can't see you! It's not a hard concept to grasp. Wear reflective gear or at least bright colors when you walk, carry a flashlight...something so you can be seen easily!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think the assumption on the part of at least some pedestrians is that because they can see the cars, the cars can see them.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I see many close hits, as people trying to beat traffic while turning left. In many cases that is the cause, and pedestrians grow up being taught that a crosswalk is a safe zone.

We all have to be more careful as the day light is reduced in winter and not all pedestrians use the crosswalk.

Return to “Central Okanagan”