Black Friday

Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Black Friday

Post by Catz »

Fancy wrote:True - I vote oneh2obabe posts the bestest sales here.

:hailjo: :hailjo: :hailjo: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Catz wrote:I was looking at need and cheap...LOL...you know everything about this stuff :hailjo: :hailjo:

Depends on what you want to spend:

Zellers has:
Fair ... Kitchen Aid 8-pc. blue non-stick set on sale for $99.99 (regular $299.99)
Good ... Kitchen Aid 10-pc. stainless steel set on sale for $139.99 (regular $399.99)
Better ... Kitchen Aid 12-pc. copper bottom set on sale for $174.99 (regular $499.99)

Canadian Tire has:
Very Good ... Cuisinart precision gourmet set, 14-pc. on sale for $174.99 (regular $499.99) Product #42-1804-2
Excellent ... Lagostina 3-ply 13-pc. clad set on sale for $244.39 (regular $999.99) Product #42-2407-4

The Lagostina is similar to what I got the kid. Only difference is his set has 5-ply copper technology.

The Kitchen Aid 10-pc. & 12-pc. sets along with the Cuisinart and Lagostina sets should last you a lifetime. Between you and me, if you have the extra cash, go for the Lagostina - they have a lifetime guarantee.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Oh goody, pots and pans.....any good stuff on sale!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Whatcha looking for? Doorknobs? Furniture? Cameras? Gloves? Tools? Boots? Printers? Be nice or Mrs S will forget where her pots 'n pans are stored.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Bsuds wrote:Oh goody, pots and pans.....any good stuff on sale!

Haha pots and pans were an appropriate gift once in my life. When I was a poor student moving out of my parents place. Still have them though! But those pots and pan sales at Canadian Tire are every week, they just rotate through which sets they offer.

Clothes and electronics are what the kids want these days.

I bought a laptop two weeks ago at Staples. I asked a salesgirl if I should wait unit Black Friday/Boxing Day and she said that the pre-holiday sales tend to be better than the big-name-day sales. But depending on what you're looking for there are a few deals that look pretty good there...

Kobo e-Reader - $49.12 ($30.00 off)
Macbook Pro - $999 ($200 off)
Tasimo Brewer - $59
Various iPads up to $50.00 off (I audit this stuff, trust me, Apple has a very small markup compared to other brands).

As far as clothing goes most stores I've seen have some pretty solid deals. A lot of "X% off the entire store" which is usually 30%-50% off.

If you're into giftcard giving, a lot of places are offering bonuses...like buy $100 in giftcards and get $125 worth.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

The "great deals" here are regular retail price in the States.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Phoenix Within wrote:The "great deals" here are regular retail price in the States.

Not everything is cheaper in the US!

A lot of things that are imported have a higher duty there and are more expensive. That includes most electronics. Some of the food items there like flour are more expensive as well. You need to know your prices.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

I was looking for Adobe Photoshop and prowling the web for prices. The Elements 11 and Premier Elements 11 are bundled and depending on who it is..........retail is 199.000 plus HST
Walmart here doesn't have it and I get the flyer from .com and there Walmart in OMak has it on sale for 134.00 U.S. plus taxes and HST etc bringing it home if I bought there.
Staples here has it onsale until Novemeber 27 for 94.97,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT no one in the entire valley had any apparently as it was not shipped here. Told to order on line and did. All was well until 4am this morning when the email arrived announcing that it was nto available and the stores confirm they don't take back orders at the online store even when you have "paid".
Told to go to store and pay there and they will tell you when it comes in. So my Staples total would have been with taxes 106.00

Checked London Drugs......don't have it.
Checked Future shop and yes they have/had it, but Westbank was sold out and Kelowna also apparently gone.
Went on line and ordered and paid for it.....delivery 4-10 days......AND Pricematch guarantee that within 30 days I get a cheaper price plus 10% if it is out there cheaper and if they put it on sale cheaper in 30 days I get a refund of difference.
Sounds good? Well the Future shop price is only $74.00 and with free shipping and HST =83.98 TOTAL

I was fortunate not to have jumped at the Staples offer when I had to order it in. I really saved $50.00 plus over Black Friday Walmart in Omak and over $20.00 just between Staples and Future shop here. It pays to web shop first and save gas!
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Attention consumers...

Clean up in aisle 3...

Don't you realize, that you are the problem...
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Bought my cs6 direct from Adobe. I saved $400 from the cost here anywhere. Adobe is great at sending out special offers to buy direct from them.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
5VP
Übergod

Post by 5VP »

What is this Black Friday and why have we let it infest our already overstimulated consumeristic monkey brains???

I say nip this nonsense in the bud before people start calling it a tradition or some other mindless moniker...
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

5VP wrote:What is this Black Friday and why have we let it infest our already overstimulated consumeristic monkey brains???

I say nip this nonsense in the bud before people start calling it a tradition or some other mindless moniker...

Too late, all ready happened! :127:
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Black Friday...... Because only in America do they trample others for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have! :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Perfect! And sooooo true.

:coffeecanuck:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote:You need to know your prices.

True, plus listen to what your friends/family say what they would like during the year. Today I stopped at Canadian Tire on the way to work and finished my Christmas shopping (hopefully). Spent $89.69 ... saved $232.13. Not bad for spending maybe 15 minutes in the store.

Return to “Central Okanagan”