Mantler trial

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Mantler trial begins today

Post by Fancy »

General duty are uniformed - some other sections are not. Nothing "special" about it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Well you would think there would be something at least different about it, like there was some training that puts him able to work out of uniform, similar to me as in how everyone on a hockey team is a player but the goalie wears some different gear, he is not the captain (I believe that can be any player chosen) of his team but he plays a different role, for my best example, then you have coaches and such.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
mrcycle

Post by mrcycle »

Raven....You are insane!! Go back to Page 44 and read my posts. Im starting to think people are playing ignorance on the posts I made so they can just ignore them and continue to be hypocrital when this is over.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Roadster - I'm pretty sure the RCMP website and/or Wikipedia can help you with your question. There's all sorts of different sections that don't require a uniform.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Roadster wrote:But why? Should he have been able? Three years and being in plain clothes tells me he shoulda or he shoulda been with a partner,,,
If three years isnt enough then what is considered experienced? Anyone know?
I kinda doubt he woulda been out of uniform and doing special work if he wasnt considered experienced.

I'm thinking the plain clothes might be due to his youthful appearance.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Raven1 responded: "WOW! There you have it folks. No care or concern for bystanders and it would appear it doesn't matter whether suspects are innocent or guilty.". IMHO, this response is definitely spinning the other poster's comment to suit the purpose. Call it out of context or what ever you like, but most objectively thinking people would not leap to that conclusion. Also, Raven1 must come from some other planet or something, making the statement that if this were a normal citizen, he would already be charged and have a criminal record. [I assume he meant convicted]. In BC and most of Canada for that matter, unless an accused pleads guilty in the first instance, it takes literally years to get a trial date for a case to finally be heard. In this case, it seems that no decision will be rendered until at least the spring of 2013 because defense council can't find an expert witness to contradict the evidence given by the prosecutor's expert on use of Force. So the defence will be causing a further delay of several months before the case is concluded.
mrcycle

Post by mrcycle »

this proves how much people ACTUALLY know about this case and policing, when they dont even know why he was in plain clothes and just used his loud hailer to exit the car. Oh wait he was driving an unmarked vehicle that didnt have one. The simple fact people are actually questioning why he wasn't in uniform is a clear example that they are arm chair quaterbacks. :ohmygod:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Roadster wrote:Well you would think there would be something at least different about it, like there was some training that puts him able to work out of uniform, similar to me as in how everyone on a hockey team is a player but the goalie wears some different gear, he is not the captain (I believe that can be any player chosen) of his team but he plays a different role, for my best example, then you have coaches and such.

This may help:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-re ... ns-eng.htm
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mrcycle wrote:this proves how much people ACTUALLY know about this case and policing, when they dont even know why he was in plain clothes and just used his loud hailer to exit the car. Oh wait he was driving an unmarked vehicle that didnt have one. The simple fact people are actually questioning why he wasn't in uniform is a clear example that they are arm chair quaterbacks.
Nothing wrong in asking questions.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

diggerdick wrote:He was not Out of uniform because he had experienced

He was out of uniform Because he had the look that the RCMP Believed would allow him To blend in with what they believe is the more lower-class side of society.

In the 1970s and 80s it used to be great fun to go to the bars and pick out the undercover cops and laugh at them :dyinglaughing: they stood out like sore thumbs

That was well thought out and indeed inspirational...
mitchbaywatch

Post by mitchbaywatch »

mrcycle wrote:this proves how much people ACTUALLY know about this case and policing, when they dont even know why he was in plain clothes and just used his loud hailer to exit the car. Oh wait he was driving an unmarked vehicle that didnt have one. The simple fact people are actually questioning why he wasn't in uniform is a clear example that they are arm chair quaterbacks. :ohmygod:

exactly when this first happened how many pages did it grow to, and its already up to 44 again with being no where close to
a verdict
blackpowder

Post by blackpowder »

mrcycle wrote:this proves how much people ACTUALLY know about this case and policing, when they dont even know why he was in plain clothes and just used his loud hailer to exit the car. Oh wait he was driving an unmarked vehicle that didnt have one. The simple fact people are actually questioning why he wasn't in uniform is a clear example that they are arm chair quaterbacks. :ohmygod:

well said
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

What you are saying is we should assume instead of asking questions? Hmmmmm, interesting. I am asking out loud so we can all get an idea what the whole story is, I could PM a cop I supposed and be in the know ahead of you but why, they are here and are answering our questions. Its a fair question. He could be in plain clothes for a number of reasons, I would like to see those posted for us all to understand.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

These police related topics give those poor unfortunate souls amongst us, who have had the bad luck or misfortune of [repeatedly] running afoul of the police, a stump from which to voice their displeasure. From their comments it would seem that not a single one of them had done anything to contribute to the unpleasant interaction with the police. It is truly unfortunate that these few citizens have been singled out by demented officers, while the vast majority of our population goes through their entire lives with little or no official contact with the constabulary. A travesty I say which is indicative of their being far too many police officers in our communities ... I mean, when they have time to go out and randomly select law abiding citizens for "special" treatment!!!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Oh, I'm very sure most on this board don't know everything there is to know about policing as you obviously do.
Personally, I leave my prima dona hat at the door and have actually learned a few things, though.
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Central Okanagan”