Mantler trial

KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Mantler trial begins today

Post by KL3-Something »

cutter7 wrote:
I believe mantler will beat the charges after all, who would have the best information on which slime ball lawyer to hire in cases like this?

crookedmember wrote:I dunno, man. Brinnen didn't beat charges and all he did was punch a guy in the face in the heat of the moment.

Ya but Brinnen unnecessarily chased that dude down because he *bleep* him off. Completely different situation.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Anyone else find it ironic that Castanet.net is the only local news outlet who doesn't have any coverage of the first day of the trial?

Not to fluff Kelly Hayes up, but I've definitely noticed a decrease in reporting quality here since he left. Cut, paste, link....cut, paste, link.....
Last edited by KL3-Something on Nov 26th, 2012, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^A lawyer has a duty to provide his client with the best possible defense he can provide.
Chill
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

KL3-Something wrote:Irrelevant.

We'll see how well he can control himself under cross if he takes the stand.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

flamingfingers wrote:^^A lawyer has a duty to provide his client with the best possible defense he can provide.

Very true, and the police will know who the best lawyer for a job like this would be. errr wait maybe second best as the truth pointed out.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

This is the CHBC News video from today.

http://www.chbcnews.ca/video/cop+trial/ ... s=dd#video
mountainman2222
Fledgling

Post by mountainman2222 »

That's ok I understand, just thought i would ask
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

Queen K wrote:What the heck difference where the gun was does it make?

Buddy, innocent or not, should not have been kicked while on the ground with his hands up. And that's what this is all about.

YOUR right not to get abused by RCMP while complying with instructions.
This is about every Canadian's right. Not just Buddys.

well said...
mountainman2222
Fledgling

Post by mountainman2222 »

I just thought it might be helpful to have someones opinion who does the same work.
But i can see why kl-3 wouldn't want to give his/her opinion.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fair enough.....I'll take it , but I was disappointed when you disenfranchised yourself from your " Mantler made his own bed on tis one" post a while back.....

how so?

Then you did the " I don't have all the facts" thing shortly after ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I won't get into all the details as it has long been discussed. No further comment required, I'll just sit back now and watch all the comments from those untrained eyes!

Untrained eyes? You really don't need to be trained to know that cops deal with far worse folks than Tavares every day, and usually the vast majority of the officers deal with those folks without kicking anyone in the face, disgracing the force, getting fired, costing the taxpayers a pile of money when the civil suit comes, and making the character they were trying to arrest rich and famous.

Why I say untrained, that is very obvious by your post you have no police training.

Therefore you have no idea about levels of force and what is meant by the term complying with orders made by a police officer.

As I stated we do not know what was being said by either person prior to the kick, we do not know what was going through Mantlers mind with the limited information he had.

Not the information we now have, but at the time.

It is further not every day that police make a high risk take down. ( for you with gun drawn and dealing with a possibly armed suspect )

I don't know if I'd say he disgraced the RCMP.

Was he right or wrong, not for me to say as I do not know all the answers as I was not in the position Mantler was on that day. You might be surprised, given the same facts and information it may be alarming to a untrained person how many officers with the same training might elect to kick Buddy. Where they kick him may be different, or what force they may utilize. Until a police person is in that same position it is something most won't answer.

Hind sight is also 20-20.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Ken7 wrote:
Why I say untrained, that is very obvious by your post you have no police training.

Do you?

Hind sight is also 20-20.

It's not hind sight to believe there is no excuse for an officer to kick a person on the ground in the face.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

[/quote]Why I say untrained, that is very obvious by your post you have no police training.

Therefore you have no idea about levels of force and what is meant by the term complying with orders made by a police officer.

As I stated we do not know what was being said by either person prior to the kick, we do not know what was going through Mantlers mind with the limited information he had.

Not the information we now have, but at the time.

It is further not every day that police make a high risk take down. ( for you with gun drawn and dealing with a possibly armed suspect )

Was he right or wrong, not for me to say as I do not know all the answers as I was not in the position Mantler was on that day. You might be surprised, given the same facts and information it may be alarming to a untrained person how many officers with the same training might elect to kick Buddy. Where they kick him may be different, or what force they may utilize. Until a police person is in that same position it is something most won't answer.

Hind sight is also 20-20.[/quote]

everbody is different as you stated, but POLICY remains the same.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'd say that the RCMP ,via the "act" did it to themselves....

Too many good members are suffering because of the way this has been handled...

But thats just my opinion.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

I'd say that the RCMP ,via the "act" did it to themselves....

Too many good members are suffering because of the way this has been handled...

But thats just my opinion.[/quote]

its not just this, its everything else that the policing agencies are accused of now a days.

Return to “Central Okanagan”