Mantler trial

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Mantler trial begins today

Post by cutter7 »

KillinTime wrote:Wasn't Buddy discharging a firearm earlier.

It was part of his job scaring geese off the golf course and nothing out of the ordinary
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"cutter7"]
KillinTime wrote:Wasn't Buddy discharging a firearm earlier.

It was part of his job scaring geese off the golf course and nothing out of the ordinary[/quote]

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY,more to this story than that cutter,why do you think 911 was called if it was that simple.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more to this story than that,hope the real truth comes out
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

the truth wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY,more to this story than that cutter,why do you think 911 was called if it was that simple.

I don't know, maybe for the same reasons the police were called to a school last year because someone was seen carrying a stick?
Last edited by WhatThe on Nov 27th, 2012, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

It was part of his job scaring geese off the golf course and nothing out of the ordinary

Seems beofre people had a question on buddys response time, for those who used it as a defence, what about discharging a firearm? I use a benelli tac shotgun, which has a feather trigger on it, couple little taps (and I mean little) discharge 6 shots in a flash, the kick is hard and the sound is rediculous. now if response time is being used here and a head injury effects him that much, should he be playing with guns at all? and at or near a gold course ...

just a thought...
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Buddy isn't on trial though, mantler is.

From earlier reports the call was from a disgruntled co-worker ... and still whatever the reason for the call it does not justify kicking a downed compliant suspect in the head.

Mantler should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion... a steel toed boot to the head can be fatal.
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

cutter7 wrote:Buddy isn't on trial though, mantler is.

From earlier reports the call was from a disgruntled co-worker ... and still whatever the reason for the call it does not justify kicking a downed compliant suspect in the head.

Mantler should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion... a steel toed boot to the head can be fatal.

You keep repeting yourself, do you have anything else to add? of IMPORTANCE? and I never said he was on trial. just asking a general question which others may ponder which forms part of my opinion when it came to his response time.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

boardsweeper wrote:

Seems beofre people had a question on buddys response time, for those who used it as a defence, what about discharging a firearm? I use a benelli tac shotgun, which has a feather trigger on it, couple little taps (and I mean little) discharge 6 shots in a flash, the kick is hard and the sound is rediculous. now if response time is being used here and a head injury effects him that much, should he be playing with guns at all? and at or near a gold course ...

just a thought...

Yes he was using a fire arm, at work, now why the call came in is really unknown to you and me to be sure, coulda been a missunderstanding, coulda been as was said once, over a dispute and jealousy kinda thing,,, revenge, and if so I hope that person is dealt with also, coulda been real, you dont know, now as far as him Playing with guns,,, was he playing with them? Wasnt he almost back on track and allowed to Use them part time at work to Scare geese? Hmmm some real bad assumptions here, you all dont know and neither do I.

Besides, he isnt on trial, the police officer is at this point, what Buddy was doing with guns has been identified and dealt with in his own court case about a year and a half ago. He wasnt convicted of any wrong doings that sent him to jail. I believe he had a fire arms ban that is probably still active. You'd get that for shooting off your own foot in yer house I am sure, if they found out. I think it falls under something like careless handling.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

In repsonse to you roadster, I wasnt saying playing, outta playing if you catch my drift...I didnt think someone with a head injury would of been using a shotgun to scare geese, I thought golf courses used sound clappers or what have they...

And why are you and cutter saying hes not on trial.. thats very apparent, just pointing out some what *I* think are key facts when people are questioning Buddys response time.

Not a big deal.....
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

the truth wrote:

Like the "document service" that had (allegedly) coincidentally occurred earlier that same morning?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

cutter7 wrote:Buddy isn't on trial though, mantler is.

Really? You know what kind of footware he had on that day? The resolution must be much better on you computer than mine.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Well im sure you know, so please tell us.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

“You’re a rotten driver,” I protested. “Either you ought to be more careful, or you oughtn’t to drive at all.”

“I am careful.”

“No, you’re not.”

“Well, other people are,” she said lightly.

“What’s that got to do with it?”

“They’ll keep out of my way,” she insisted. “It takes two to make an accident.”

“Suppose you met somebody just as careless as yourself.”

“I hope I never will,” she answered. “I hate careless people. That’s why I like you.”

I'm sorta kinda thinking this Mantler/Tavares cluster**** might have resulted when two bad drivers met.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

the truth wrote:

KL3-Something wrote:Like the "document service" that had (allegedly) coincidentally occurred earlier that same morning?

Yer such a tease, KL3 :1422:

Enlighten us?

What is a "document service" and what kind of document and to whom?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

I doubt what buddy was up to earlier in the day have anything to do with the charges against mantler even though his buddies here would like us to believe they have something to do with it.

mantler is charged with assault causing bodily harm, not exessive force. two very different charges.

http://www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/court-li ... t_List.pdf
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

the truth wrote:

KL3-Something wrote:Like the "document service" that had (allegedly) coincidentally occurred earlier that same morning?

grammafreddy wrote:Yer such a tease, KL3 :1422:

Enlighten us?

What is a "document service" and what kind of document and to whom?

In accordance with the rules I'll save the details until they are presented in court as they have not been entered as "facts".

But, generally speaking, "document service" can include the service of a multitude of legal documents on a person...a violation ticket, a subpoena, a summons, an appearance notice, divorce papers and.....child custody papers.

Being served with any of the above documents can sometimes be very upsetting for people who have poor coping skills. I've seen it on several occasions myself first hand.

Return to “Central Okanagan”