Chief Sh*t Disturber

Mantler trial

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/83 ... -on-Monday

Mantler trial begins on Monday
by Ragnar Haagen - Story: 83726
Nov 25, 2012 / 5:00 pm

Photo: Contributed - Kelly Hayes - Castanet
Mantler's trial will begin on November 26, 2012.

A high profile assault case is about to begin in Kelowna, and it will be the second in as many years for the officer involved.

RCMP Cst. Geoff Mantler was suspended soon after video surfaced of him kicking a Kelowna man in the head following a 9/11 call almost two years ago.

Now that man, Buddy Tavares, and Mantler will have their day in court.

Mantler is facing one count of assault causing bodily harm and Tavares is alleged to have been using a shotgun to scare geese away from a golf course prior the assault.

The trial begins Nov. 26 and is expected to last two weeks.

Earlier this year, Mantler was acquitted of assaulting another Kelowna resident during an arrest in August 2010.

:popcorn:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Mantler trial begins today

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

This is when I wish trials lasted only a day! and especially when there of this nature. wonder how long this one will take...
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

boardsweeper wrote:This is when I wish trials lasted only a day! and especially when there of this nature. wonder how long this one will take...

The news article states about two weeks.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

Triple 6 wrote:
boardsweeper wrote:This is when I wish trials lasted only a day! and especially when there of this nature. wonder how long this one will take...

The news article states about two weeks.

Which in my opinion is enitrley to long. Any body know if he still lives in the kelowna area? I know if it were me standing in his socks I'd hate to walk about town...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

More importantly, I wonder how many pages this thread will reach, most of which will be utter, complete, and damaging nonsense/speculation/one liners/ideological RCMP bashing will be posted here, including posts that that to to deleted, edited and censored.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

Queen K wrote:More importantly, I wonder how many pages this thread will reach, most of which will be utter, complete, and damaging nonsense/speculation/one liners/ideological RCMP bashing will be posted here, including posts that that to to deleted, edited and censored.

I agree.... :popcorn:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

in before the cop bashing , :sunshine: here cutter,cutter,cutter7............... :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I hope he serves some time in jail. If it were me who kicked a man in the face, I would already be there.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

the truth wrote:in before the cop bashing , :sunshine: here cutter,cutter,cutter7............... :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

you rang sweetheart? I don't need to comment on this particular case, the video shows enough to show my comments are accurate.

For those families who don't know where to turn when attacked by the police a group has been formed.
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Support ... z2DITUHuWj
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

boardsweeper wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:The news article states about two weeks.

Which in my opinion is enitrley to long. Any body know if he still lives in the kelowna area? I know if it were me standing in his socks I'd hate to walk about town...

It's no wonder these trials take so many days when Supreme Court only sits for four hours a day.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

cutter7 wrote:you rang sweetheart? I don't need to comment on this particular case, the video shows enough to show my comments are accurate.

Ya. Because that 30 second video shows the WHOLE story...That's why they need 2 weeks to go through it....**sarcasm off**

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

KL3-Something wrote:
cutter7 wrote:you rang sweetheart? I don't need to comment on this particular case, the video shows enough to show my comments are accurate.

Ya. Because that 30 second video shows the WHOLE story...That's why they need 2 weeks to go through it....**sarcasm off**

really dude? the video shows more than enough.. The best thing for police supporters in this case would be to remain silent if they want to keep any credibility they might have.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

cutter7 wrote:
KL3-Something wrote:Ya. Because that 30 second video shows the WHOLE story...That's why they need 2 weeks to go through it....**sarcasm off**

really dude? the video shows more than enough.. The best thing for police supporters in this case would be to remain silent if they want to keep any credibility they might have.

Nah, I think I'll stick around on this one. I've never said that I didn't think that the kick seemed excessive.

But now you will all learn just what poor little innocent Buddy was actually up to that day....

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

But now you will all learn just what poor little innocent Buddy was actually up to that day....

Exactly!! We have heard very little on that particular subject......
Chill

Return to “Central Okanagan”