CBC radio takes bite out of KISS-FM and SUN-FM in Vernon

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: CBC radio takes bite out of KISS-FM and SUN-FM in Vernon

Post by southy »

The best thing to happen to Vernon radio was getting Patrick nichol off the air and out of the business.
lostsurferinbc
Fledgling

Post by lostsurferinbc »

Hassel99 wrote:In my mid 30's and listen to CBC more than all other stations combined. Mind you this is when i am not running my own station via my phone =D. If you asked me the chances of being a cbc listener 10 years ago i would have quickly said it was ZERO chance.

I miss the radio stations from Vancouver, Classic 101, the fox and a few others with a bit of edge from Victoria. Ireally only listen to the radio in my car so getting these stations online is a pain =D

A few of my friends have Sat radio and i was really unexpressed by the content.

Me too, I'm mid 30's and only listen to CBC in the Okanagan. Everything else is garbage here in Vernon. We have xm radio which is OK, Classic Rewind is a pretty good station. I like my oldskool punk rock, but the only station that plays that genre is Faction. Unfortunately Faction always plays the Jason Ellis Show which I can't stand. The tune in radio app is really good, but requires streaming off your data plan.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

There is no radio worth listening to anywhere in the Okanagan outside of the CBC, and even it is nowhere near as great as it once was. I'm soooooo sick of Jian's unprepared and rambling interviews. He would be lucky to get a job at a station in the NWT and I have no clue why/how he's as popular as he is. All I can say is: Thank G-d for the mp3 player socket in my car.
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.

Return to “Central Okanagan”