Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Post by Bsuds »

Piecemaker wrote: Something's not right when he's not allowed to be at his own home during the day.)

I think his parents got tired of him video taping them all day and kicked him out. :127:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sweetjjp

Post by Sweetjjp »

Nothing wrong with him being there when were not. But I feel that if were working and your not you should be out looking for a job. Very simple.
When he is working and has a day off by all means just chill. But there are rules in life for a reason.
As for all the little petty remarks from people about who he is. That is just it remarks that does not need a reply back. This is not kindergarten.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Piecemaker wrote:Omnitheo, you gave me the best laugh I've had all week! Thanks.
In fact, your post was so good I'm going to grab the next bus and ride it to the nearest postal outlet and mail you a cheque!

I think Mr. Peters needs to wave a white flag and just chill for a bit. He's made his point. (And it probably wouldn't hurt if he got a job or found something more productive to do than hang out downtown and fret about bus drivers. Something's not right when he's not allowed to be at his own home during the day.)

I wondered about that too. Odd.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Looks like Kamloops passengers like Youtube as well!

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-bus-driver-sus ... -1.1068606
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:To what end..if a 40 year old presented their version of the treatment this allowed to ride person, keeps getting.. Then the situation may get resolved..

Perhaps. Again, given that we have video evidence that everyone can witness, and given that the bus drivers don't even deny (but instead attempt to justify) the treatment Nathan has been receiving, it shouldn't rationally make any difference. Though I agree, obviously there are a lot of people, as is human nature, thinking very emotionally about the subject, and in the war of rhetoric, impression, and public opinion, it may help Nathan's cause to have an adult witness.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

Piecemaker wrote:I think Mr. Peters needs to wave a white flag and just chill for a bit. He's made his point. (And it probably wouldn't hurt if he got a job or found something more productive to do than hang out downtown and fret about bus drivers. Something's not right when he's not allowed to be at his own home during the day.)

No. He hasn't made his point, as he is still being discriminated against, and despite assurances from administration, the bus drivers continue their tactics. (this obviously points further to deep internal problems in the organization, as does the wild allegations made against an administrator here on the forum....you'll note, no follow-up to that).

If it was you who was being treated that way, or a loved one, I doubt very much you would say that you should "wave a white flag".

Furthermore, you're assertions that he needs to find a job, as well as your concerns about his familial relationships are inappropriate, and irrelevant. They are however a tribute to the effectiveness of the juvenile tactics the bus drivers in this thread have been using. Your post, and others, show that various personal attacks, and uproven ones at that, are indeed effective at manipulating public opinion. I will state again: Nathan's personal relationships, nor his employement status, are in any way relevant to either the bus driver safety violations, nor his right to use this public service.

Let me simplify it: In regard to this case, I do not care if Nathan has a criminal record, hates his mother, smokes, listens to Adele music, hangs out with hippies, befriended some bus drivers, has an asymmetric face, or consorted with communists. All of those things may be reprehensible in other contexts, but have no bearing on this situation.

To all people of good consience: it is not justifiable to discrimnate against Nathan on the basis of any of the personal attacks presented here, whether true, or not. (and no proof has been provided) That is the very essence of discrimination and prejudice, and it has no place in this situation. Judge FAIRLY and IMPARTIALLY.

The one exception that may alter the dynamic is the bus driver who alleged Nathan has been hired by administration to entrap drivers. However, the bus driver has failed to elaborate on any further details of this claim.
1life2live

Post by 1life2live »

I listened very carefully to Nathan's interview with 1150 am this morning. He openly admitted to previously knowing the driver and having a relationship with the supervisor whom he "immediatly" turned the evidence over to. Was it just coincidence the supervisor was there or did he call him on his personal line? He also has perpetuated the lie that the device was a hands on device. It is clear to me in the video that the device was a Blue tooth which is a legal apparatus in B.C. I am hearing rumor Nathan was on the supervisors Facebook friend list until today. This makes me think that the supervisor has distanced himself knowing the severity of the allegations and hung Nathan out to dry. Is this why he felt he had to go to the next level, things seemed to be going ok for him with free passes and all. All the stuff dcipher points out, it is irrelevant in most cases but some of the spin must be true and if so speaks about his character which his brother seems to confirm. Who knows if we will get the whole truth but I am sure it will be covered with corporate psycobable. Or maybe Nathan would like to truthfully reveal how much of a model citizen he is? "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
rioghnacha
Board Meister

Post by rioghnacha »

I think I would like some proof that Nathan was setting up the driver. All we have are a couple of people repeating rumours. The whole idea of there being a conspiracy sounds crazy and paranoid.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Mtn Biker wrote:What is asinine is that a professional driver can be distracted so easily. Seriously should not the driver pull over, stop the bus and deal with the distraction if it’s that egregious? So your point makes no sense to me. They deal with distractions as part of their job.
I've rode the bus enough to know there are good drivers and some not so much. A while back I broke my back and it was difficult to walk and move about. I used the bus to get around and each time I boarded I asked the driver to wait until I was seated before pulling away. Most would, but some just didn't care. One completely disregarded my request and it caused some serious pain as I was lurched into my seat. Yup, I stopped by him on my way off and used several profane words to express my pain and anger. He had no excuse and continued to be an AH as we argued. It may be the same driver we're all talking about here. This is a public service business and one needs to have some basic people skills, like actually liking people in general should be a priority. There are too many in that outfit who clearly hate their jobs and people in general based on their scowls and prissy attitudes.

I couldnt agree more with some of the things you are saying. At the end of the day if the driver feels he is being distracted by someone who is video taping him then he IMHO is a danger on the road and a danger to the public on the bus. IMHO the bus driver has the option to tell the male to stop the distracting activity or get off the bus. Yes it is a public service but just as it is one it has to be a safe public service.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:I couldnt agree more with some of the things you are saying. At the end of the day if the driver feels he is being distracted by someone who is video taping him then he IMHO is a danger on the road and a danger to the public on the bus. IMHO the bus driver has the option to tell the male to stop the distracting activity or get off the bus. Yes it is a public service but just as it is one it has to be a safe public service.

If the driver has nothing to hide, then they should be not be " distracted ", and what s with the "male" comment?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Go to any govt. office, save on foods, wallmart, or most retail chains, and stick a camera in their face and see how long it takes to be hauled away.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

johnhenry wrote:If the driver has nothing to hide, then they should be not be " distracted ", and what s with the "male" comment?

It has nothing to do with the driver having anything to hide...believe it or not some people do not like to be video taped. This may or may not be the case with the driver..who knows. All that matters is the fact that he feels distracted from an activity that is not needed or necessary. Simple solution....do not distract the driver...no problems. Some may say that the male has every right to tape what ever he wants....this may be true but then again the driver can refuse service to someone...especially if they feel they are being distracted and it may pose a safety issue with the public etc. Remember the driver is responsible for each and everyone of the people on that bus...their safety is his main priority.
The male comment is because I do not like to use names when making posts.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I agree Trunk.
Then again, does the male have a right to be videoing anyone one a bus?
Its not exactly like he is on public property.
He paid a fare for a ride, I think it could be assumed to say he hired livery, and with that comes certain responsibilities from both parties.
I dont know the law, but I know if I paid a fare for a ride, and I was recording and the driver told me not to, I would stop it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Try that with West Jet. lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I don't think asking someone to not sit at the front of the bus video tapeing me is a form of discrimination.
What does Nathan really want ? Does he just want to be able to get around town on a bus , or does he want to be able sit up front and provoke the driver ?
The more I read about this situation , the more I think that Nathan's juvenile behavior since the initial incident is going to backfire on him.

Return to “Central Okanagan”