Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Re: Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

One could argue that since people pay to get on that bus there is a slight expectation of privacy once on that bus. Who knows...one for the lawyers I would guess.
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

removed by Trip.

He can walk, and quit trying to mooch bus rides, or.. grow up, get a job and buy a car like the rest of us.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:One could argue that since people pay to get on that bus there is a slight expectation of privacy once on that bus. Who knows...one for the lawyers I would guess.

If I am on the bus and begin shouting profanity at the driver, would I meet the RCMP at the nearest stop?

What if I paid my fair, should I have that expectation I'm have the right to get my private time in with this driver?

Honestly, I was somewhat surprised with your original post. I hope to hear the bus driver makes a formal complaint to the RCMP. I wonder whta action will they take?

Reality is in my opinion, the kid is not breaking the law in any way. The bus driver may have if he was texting or dialling up a call on his phone.

As far as a distraction, I just don't think a Judge or even a smart Justice would think the childish game of taping the drivers screwing up is Stunting or a Disturbance.

The answer to the problem is look, see he is taping quietly and then drive the bus accordingly and safely so it's on schedule. What if the kid was picking his nose or reading Playboy, is that too a distraction to a bus driver?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The problem is someone using the same name made an attempt at posting the video on youtube along with profanity.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cpeters_

Post by Cpeters_ »

:ohmygod: :ohmygod:

Its almost crazy on how oblivious and judgmental some people are in this town. I wish this could happen to your family and loved ones and see how you would feel about it any maybe ill judge them and dis them when it happens.

As I have said before to those idiots that cant read and assume because he is "Video taping them"

he does NOT sit there on the bus with his phone taping the bus driver.

He simply has it on rec.
as he walks on knowing there's a driver that will refuse him and doesn't tape anybody he is simply recording the driver refuse him a ride and what they are saying.

He has every right to sit anywhere on the bus he is not distracting anybody, for those people who are picturing him sitting upfront with him phone video taping the driver and making him "distracted" and have to look back all the time your actually so idiotic. hes again NOOOT in there faces with a camera video taping them once he gets on the bus. He also has the right to defend himself when being told to go to the back unless hes being distracting bugging the driver or yelling on the bus.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

So , why does he prefer sitting at the front of the bus ?

This whole thing is getting stupid , and I suspect it was stupid long before we on castanet started discussing it.
Both Nathan , and the Drivers have escalated the stupidity. Everybody needs to mature a bit.
Cpeters_

Post by Cpeters_ »

gordon_as wrote:So , why does he prefer sitting at the front of the bus ?

This whole thing is getting stupid , and I suspect it was stupid long before we on castanet started discussing it.
Both Nathan , and the Drivers have escalated the stupidity. Everybody needs to mature a bit.

He doesn't always sit at the front of the bus he sits anywhere that's open or he decide to but if he chooses to sit at the front he should be aloud. Hes not going up right behind the bus but in the casual front. or sitting there distracting the driver starting conflict.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

Meanwhile, the situation in Syria is accelerating. President Bashar al-Assad's government may be preparing to use chemical weapons...

If only people would get worked up about more serious stuff. Everyone needs to grow up, move on...
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Maybe a winter of walking will teach a couple of lessons, 1 get a life, 2 don't cause trouble for those you count on. If his biggest project of the day is to go and hang around somewhere he's got lots of time to walk.
Black Dogs Matter
1life2live

Post by 1life2live »

Here Here Dogspoiler :sunshine: , I suspect if he told the truth about the device being hands free as the video clearly shows and about the extent of his relationship with the Transit Supervisor I am pretty sure he would have no problem riding but when you screw the ride that drives you what do you expect. I am pretty sure this seemingly adult male has severly bit the hand that feeds him (Mom) more than once in his short life but hasn't learned to learn. Maybe he hasn't faced harsh enouph penalties yet.
tpa

Post by tpa »

My daughter rides the bus on a regular basis to and from Kelowna to the westside. On numerous occasions she has had problems with some of the drivers. The main one being how rude the drivers are . Making rude comments, saying she didn't pay her fare and kicking her off the bus, and Actually driving right past her when she was waiting for the bus MANY times. She was late for school and work many times because of this. :ohmygod:
:purefury:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Unless you were there....kids say the darndest things. But it does seem bus drivers need to monitor the situation.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Fancy have you tried the busses?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Snarf wrote:Meanwhile, the situation in Syria is accelerating. President Bashar al-Assad's government may be preparing to use chemical weapons...
If only people would get worked up about more serious stuff. Everyone needs to grow up, move on...

I agree
One can always reason with reason.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Yep! but this is the Kelowna thread, you can always move to World , B.C. or Social concerns.

Return to “Central Okanagan”