Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

zerograv
Banned

Re: Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Post by zerograv »

Dizzy1 wrote:It doesn't matter if he is full/not full and if he stopped at the stop, if he is running late and there is another bus shortly behind him he'll have contacted his supervisor and he will have been instructed to drops only to help get him back on time. Happens all the time during peak hours. If the driver explains to you that he isn't letting anyone on, then you need to learn to accept the fact that there are things out of your and the driver's control. Instructions are instructions and need to be listenend to, both by the driver from his supervisor and by the passenger from the driver.

I'm not exactly a passenger if i'm not allowed on the bus hahaha!
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
sophiexfox

Post by sophiexfox »

I have to wonder if the very few posters defending Kelowna Tranist are actually employed by them...

Any Canadian who pays their taxes and treats the system with respect, have the RIGHT to use the bus system. Stop saying it's a privilege. It's a tax-subsidized social service. They'd already be out of business if they had to compete with other public corporations.

Regardless, this is NOT an excuse for terrible service.

People depend upon the transit system to get them to and from work ON TIME This is not a luxury, no one wants to take the bus, we have to. It's 2 bucks *bleep* it's not like we're hiring a limo...

There is no reason why a bus should leave a stop 5-15 minutes earlier then the posted time. It's just ridiculous to have to arrive at t stop 20 minutes early just to be sure the bus driver hasn't neglected to do his job correctly.
My friend broke his arm running to catch and early leaving bus.
I've known people who have lost their jobs due to repeat bus issues beyond their control.
There is just NO reason why we have to suffer with terrible service.

Calgary is more then 20x the size, and yet somehow their transit system manages to have buses not leave their stops early. Why can't Kelowna?

Seems to me the answer is the kelowna transit just doesn't care. And judging by the responses from the few defending them, I'm almost positive that's the case.

If I'm the one paying for and subsiding your company, I'd really appreciate you stop finding ways to blame me, your customer, for why your bus drives are miserable.
hinderdale

Post by hinderdale »

sophiexfox wrote:There is no reason why a bus should leave a stop 5-15 minutes earlier then the posted time. It's just ridiculous to have to arrive at t stop 20 minutes early just to be sure the bus driver hasn't neglected to do his job correctly.

Calgary is more then 20x the size, and yet somehow their transit system manages to have buses not leave their stops early. Why can't Kelowna?

I moved to Kelowna about three years ago without a car and I used to take Kelowna Transit everyday. BUT, I gave up and bought a car after the #97 express bus extended its service into West Kelowna and the already messed up schedules were messed up even more.

Since #97 have alternating destinations to Queensway and Westbank on evenings and Sundays, I can tell the bus is running ahead of schedule because if the buses were not running early, then that means the bus is running behind the schedule for nearly 50 minutes (if that is the case, then that is a major problem that needs to be solved).

Seriously, I do not mind a bus being behind schedule for 10 minutes, but I cannot understand why a bus would leave a stop 10+ minutes EARLY. I gave up.
marvinpinder

Post by marvinpinder »

I used to be a Kelowna resident, now I just get to visit for 3 months every summer. From my observations during the summer months, the biggest difference between Kelowna transit and other cities I've been in is that Kelowna buses appear to be runing empty nearly all the time. I have yet to see one loaded. If they can't be routed to accomodate passenger needs, they should be shut down and quit wasting taxpayer money.

On the topic of buses leaving ahead of schedule, if they aren't going to follow the schedule, then why have a schedule?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My car was in the shop recently and I had occasion to use transit to get to work. It took me not quite half an hour (including transfer) to get to my place of employment. Feeling rather pleasantly surprised, I though "oh, they must have fixed things!". So imagine my shock when taking transit back home, it took me well over 2 hours to cover that same distance. Remarkable inefficiency. That afternoon trip definitely reinforced how grateful I am not to have to rely on it!
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Central Okanagan”