Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: Whats wrong with Kelowna transit?

Post by gordon_as »

So........... Nathan20.......... If you are who you claim to be , I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How many times have you made a point of shooting video in the Bus ? Was it just the one time when you saw the driver talking on the phone , or have you done it a bunch more times since to prove that you have the right to do so.

2) Now you say that you just want to get to work and stuff. Are you just gonna ride the bus to work like a normal person , or does "and stuff" mean video tape the driver on you way to work ?

3) If the driver said " keep the phone in your pocket and I will let you on " would you , or would you argue with him that he has no right to tell you what to do ?

I am not attacking you here , what you did in the first place was right as far as I am concerned. I just wonder if you are trying to make the situation better now , or worse.
mxtaylor
Fledgling

Post by mxtaylor »

if nathan uses the bus to go to work as he claims, I would like to know when he works. he boards the bus first thing in the morning and ususally takes the last bus home. also hanging around queensway most of the night. he's always talking about this potential job or that maybe job.

driver has the absolute right to refuse service if he feels you are taping or videoing him/her because then my full attention is not on the road. and no one can determine what is safe except for the driver of the vehicle
sophiexfox

Post by sophiexfox »

Ridiculous.

If these bus drivers are not doing anything wrong, what do they have to fear from being video taped?
I don't think that kid is a pervert who gets off to old men driving buses ROFL so whats the big deal with him taping them?

Not letting him on the bus just proves Bus drivers are guilty of something.
....I can't even count how many times the number 10 has almost run me off the road on Enterprise....
Wish I had taped that!!
Last edited by sophiexfox on Dec 4th, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoePlanner
Fledgling

Post by JoePlanner »

Nathan20 wrote:like now i dont care i just care to get to work and stuff if you have nothin to hide then you dont need to worry about it in the rules for kelowna transit it says a new fare is a new fare but they know that and when they see me get on they say i am unsafe even if i am just walking on to the back of the bus like they need to learn that actting like this is getting no where and it just shows that they have something to hide ...

I can't really tell but did he describe boarding through the back doors? ("walking on to the back of the bus")

Because I could see that causing altercations...
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

Hey Nathan 20. How many rides have these guys given you over the years?? Sounds like you should be thanking them instead of trying to get them fired.
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

Well, I can tell you I'll be videotaping every time I board a bus from now on. I don't see what problem the driver has if he/she isn't doing anything wrong. You sure as hell shouldn't be watching me taping you.

If the problem is that you have to watch someone tape you, that means that YOU are the one that is compromising the safety of the public. This whole thing is asinine anyways. Let the kid on the bus, as long as he pays and doesn't disrupt anything, what is the problem?
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

Sophie. Can I come to work and tape you doing your job?? How would you feel with me sitting there taping you on my phone? Would you start to worry about what I was doing and possibly good up??

It's always easy to stand on the outside and comment.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

mxtaylor wrote:if nathan uses the bus to go to work as he claims, I would like to know when he works. he boards the bus first thing in the morning and ususally takes the last bus home. also hanging around queensway most of the night. he's always talking about this potential job or that maybe job.

driver has the absolute right to refuse service if he feels you are taping or videoing him/her because then my full attention is not on the road. and no one can determine what is safe except for the driver of the vehicle

Just wonder, would you feel the same if someone was on his or her phone or texting as a passenger??

My thoughts would be if they were sitting, not swinging, harassing other patrons they are just riding and should not be a concern. What would the dangers be if they are video monitoring you or anything on your bus?? It is a public place and no laws prohibiting it.
mxtaylor
Fledgling

Post by mxtaylor »

jim the supervisor was ticketed by the rcmp for phone use while driving which is a violation of company policy and a violation of the law. but he is management and still has his job. so I guess it's ok for management to break the law and company policy
Last edited by mxtaylor on Dec 4th, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mxtaylor
Fledgling

Post by mxtaylor »

Just wonder, would you feel the same if someone was on his or her phone or texting as a passenger??

My thoughts would be if they were sitting, not swinging, harassing other patrons they are just riding and should not be a concern. What would the dangers be if they are video monitoring you or anything on your bus?? It is a public place and no laws prohibiting it.[/quote]

you are right, no law preventing it, however, I have the right to say I don't feel safe. there are so many distractions without worrying about being taped.
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

mxtaylor wrote:Just wonder, would you feel the same if someone was on his or her phone or texting as a passenger??

My thoughts would be if they were sitting, not swinging, harassing other patrons they are just riding and should not be a concern. What would the dangers be if they are video monitoring you or anything on your bus?? It is a public place and no laws prohibiting it.

you are right, no law preventing it, however, I have the right to say I don't feel safe. there are so many distractions without worrying about being taped.

But you're lying, that's the problem. You are refusing service under the guise of "not feeling safe". I call BS. Sounds like more union rhetoric to me.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dsldriver wrote:Apparently the driver does have to worry about the kid with an iphone. he might get fired over it.

No, but you might get fired for breaking company policy - don't put the Union spin on things.
mxtaylor wrote:also, this was done as a setup with a transit supervisor phoning the driver. The supervisor here also received a ticket from rcmp for using his phone while driving a company vehicle. He then set the driver up using nathan as his weasel. This supervisor also drives nathan all over town in a company vehicle......hmmmm....what's going on here?

yes, nathan is deliberately trying to provoke a response so he can tape it. He threatens to sue transit every time.

What set up? The driver had a choice to answer the phone while driving, he chose to answer, therefore breaking company policy.

First Canada has a very strict phone policy while driving any company vehicle or vehicle rented for the company, hand held or hands free, not only is the driver not to use a phone while drivng, the phone shlould also be eithe turned off or on vibrate. Both the supervisor, if he was tickted for using a phone while driving a company vehicle and the bus operator in the video should have their jobs on the line.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Dec 4th, 2012, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
chelelis

Post by chelelis »

Wow...this doesnt surprise me. I have been taking Kelowna transit for a lot of years and have witnessed myself bus drivers talking on cell phones or more commonly another passenger standing up beside them and chatting with them the whole trip. In my opinion it doesnt really matter if its hands free or not, any time you are in a positon to serve the public you need to be held to a higher standard for safety reasons. About the being on video thing....where I work there are video cameras everywhere. Doesnt bother me. Why? Because I do my job, and I do it properly and safely.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Please pm the poster with your request. Trip
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

Contact the op via pm. trip

Return to “Central Okanagan”